Gamer Plays First Amendment Card in Presidential Debate Video

August 9, 2007 -

By submitting a debate video, Andrew has earned himself an ECA T-shirt. You can too...

Comments

Nice, good visual aid as well. Artistic Expression and first amendment card. One of my favorites. I also like the fact that the audio is clear and easily understood. I don't know how I overlooked this video, this is the first time I watched it. Excellent.

Good job, Andrew.

Yes, this is the best one I've seen so far.

Best video I've seen yet. Short, to the point, informative.

I like it.

Great video. I like how the book was Fahrenheit 451 which is about the censorship of books where they are illegal to read and burned if found along with the owners property. If you haven't read it READ IT, it's more relevant today then it ever was.

[...] YouTube Contact the Webmaster Link to Article video games Gamer Plays First Amendment Card in Presidential Debate Video » Posted at GamePolitics.com on Thursday, August 09, 2007 Gamer Plays First Amendment Card in Presidential Debate Video August 9th, 2007 Andrew, a gamer from Florida, compares the free speech protections aforded books and movies to present-day efforts to legislate video games: WPvideo 1.02 Game Question For Rep Debate By submitting a debate video, Andrew View Original Article » [...]

yeah nice.

The book is a great example.
Not so sure about the matrix.. uh..

Holding up something like 'The Manchurian Candidate' might have a better impact, or relate to them more.
Dr. Strangelove or The Godfather also might have made better examples, you know controversial movies that are now considered art.

Good one anyway!

Boom. Nailed this one hard.

Used psyhical books and movies as a reference instead of talking about it. Score!

In my eyes, that would be the most effective argument, as not only did he use examples, but e's practically hit a subject right in the head which is that Games can be less violent than movies but get a higher rating.

Didn't GP report some NewYork times guy playing man Hunt 2 and saying he supported it's AO rating despite it being less violent than Saw 3 or Hostel 2 which he supported those ratings?

If it wasn't for the fact my video would seem pointless (due to being outside the US) I would post a video to try help so I can [play the games I want to.

Good job pointing out Freedom of Speech. This would be a really good one to ask the politicians. It'll force everyone to realize just what is at stake.

Poll

How do you feel about microtransactions in $60 video games?:

Andrew EisenNope.08/27/2015 - 4:17pm
ZippyDSMleeDid you guys cover Fatal Frame 5 being nintendo Eshop only?08/27/2015 - 3:55pm
Big Perm120 bucks for a tetanus shot. Thanks Obama08/27/2015 - 3:01pm
Andrew EisenMatthew - Of course they do. I wasn't suggesting otherwise. Hell, Quiet's already been cosplayed quite a bit.08/27/2015 - 1:25pm
Big PermThere's been some pretty good Kill La Kill cosplay08/27/2015 - 12:56pm
Matthew WilsonI saw someone cosplay as the main charector from kill la kill last year at pax, so people do it.....08/27/2015 - 12:55pm
Andrew EisenPerm - Well yeah, Kojima himself said something along the lines of "Cosplay this, I dare you! No, seriously. Please cosplay this!" I was just wondering if there was an in-universe explanation.08/27/2015 - 12:45pm
Andrew EisenCheck out last week's story on The State of Play book for an updated cover and a list of all the authors and their essay titles! http://gamepolitics.com/2015/08/21/state-play-looks-current-state-video-games08/27/2015 - 12:44pm
Big PermI figured it was because titties are awesome08/27/2015 - 12:37pm
Andrew EisenI'm still waiting to see if any reviews spill the beans on the story reasons behind Quiet's goofy getup in Metal Gear Solid 508/27/2015 - 12:33pm
ZippyDSMleeHave you seen what the Deva wrestlers wear? Now lets get all that Japan only DLC for DOA over here, and DOA Volly ball,ect let the whining commence!08/27/2015 - 12:18pm
Matthew Wilsonsuprisingly, there has not been the negative reaction I was expecting.08/27/2015 - 12:13pm
Andrew EisenWe should devote a segment to R. Mika's costume on the podcast. It'll be great!08/27/2015 - 11:40am
Andrew EisenMatt - So... who is the producer of the video you linked?08/27/2015 - 11:15am
ZippyDSMleeAnd its not as bad as rumble roses :P08/27/2015 - 11:14am
ZippyDSMleeE. Zachary Knight: I dunno wrestling is about spectacle nd bad costumes are part and parcel of it..08/27/2015 - 11:13am
Big PermThis costume is amazing. Praise it08/27/2015 - 10:59am
E. Zachary KnightOh wow. This costume is obnoxious. Why? The character and moves are cool but man that costume. Ugh. http://kotaku.com/r-mika-and-her-ridiculous-outfit-join-street-fighter-v-172692528208/27/2015 - 10:56am
Big PermHe leveled up08/27/2015 - 8:24am
black mantaBrad Bushman's back again, saying how the WDBJ shooter's use of a body camera made it look like an FPS. http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2015/08/27/435076699/why-shooters-record-themselves-in-the-act08/27/2015 - 8:01am