Gamer Plays First Amendment Card in Presidential Debate Video

August 9, 2007 -

By submitting a debate video, Andrew has earned himself an ECA T-shirt. You can too...

Comments

Nice, good visual aid as well. Artistic Expression and first amendment card. One of my favorites. I also like the fact that the audio is clear and easily understood. I don't know how I overlooked this video, this is the first time I watched it. Excellent.

Good job, Andrew.

Yes, this is the best one I've seen so far.

Best video I've seen yet. Short, to the point, informative.

I like it.

Great video. I like how the book was Fahrenheit 451 which is about the censorship of books where they are illegal to read and burned if found along with the owners property. If you haven't read it READ IT, it's more relevant today then it ever was.

[...] YouTube Contact the Webmaster Link to Article video games Gamer Plays First Amendment Card in Presidential Debate Video » Posted at GamePolitics.com on Thursday, August 09, 2007 Gamer Plays First Amendment Card in Presidential Debate Video August 9th, 2007 Andrew, a gamer from Florida, compares the free speech protections aforded books and movies to present-day efforts to legislate video games: WPvideo 1.02 Game Question For Rep Debate By submitting a debate video, Andrew View Original Article » [...]

yeah nice.

The book is a great example.
Not so sure about the matrix.. uh..

Holding up something like 'The Manchurian Candidate' might have a better impact, or relate to them more.
Dr. Strangelove or The Godfather also might have made better examples, you know controversial movies that are now considered art.

Good one anyway!

Boom. Nailed this one hard.

Used psyhical books and movies as a reference instead of talking about it. Score!

In my eyes, that would be the most effective argument, as not only did he use examples, but e's practically hit a subject right in the head which is that Games can be less violent than movies but get a higher rating.

Didn't GP report some NewYork times guy playing man Hunt 2 and saying he supported it's AO rating despite it being less violent than Saw 3 or Hostel 2 which he supported those ratings?

If it wasn't for the fact my video would seem pointless (due to being outside the US) I would post a video to try help so I can [play the games I want to.

Good job pointing out Freedom of Speech. This would be a really good one to ask the politicians. It'll force everyone to realize just what is at stake.

Poll

Will the New Nintendo 3DS be region free?:

Andrew EisenI love Terry Crews but I'm not sure he fits Luke Cage's personality (maybe Crews' acting range is broader than I realize?). How about Michael Jai White?09/02/2014 - 11:25pm
Papa MidnightTerry Crews for Luke Cage. Make it happen, Marvel and Netflix :)09/02/2014 - 9:58pm
prh99I would be shocked if Nintendo said it was region free, or even made it optional like XBox 360 for that matter.09/02/2014 - 7:22pm
Matthew WilsonI should say the recent past.09/02/2014 - 6:58pm
Matthew Wilsongiven their past, I do not blame people for thinking they will not change. I think they will keep region locking too.09/02/2014 - 6:48pm
E. Zachary KnightMan. People have no confidence in Nintendo regarding region locking the New 3DS.09/02/2014 - 6:20pm
Andrew EisenThat doesn't mean there has to be a movie though. Having said that, I've no doubt that we will eventually get a Black Panther movie. But Stan Lee will probably learn about it around the same time you and I do.09/02/2014 - 2:34pm
MaskedPixelanteWell they have to get to him eventually. Captain America's shield didn't grow on a tree, the minerals to make it had to come from somewhere, and that somewhere is Wakanda.09/02/2014 - 2:31pm
E. Zachary KnightYes, but it has never been confirmed as in development, or even pre-production.09/02/2014 - 2:21pm
MaskedPixelanteBlack Panther's been on the short list for a while.09/02/2014 - 2:18pm
E. Zachary KnightIt is possible that Stan Lee mispoke. I don't think he knows everything Marvel movies. But it is a sweet idea if true.09/02/2014 - 2:04pm
Andrew EisenSo says Stan Lee who almost certainly wouldn't know.09/02/2014 - 2:04pm
MaskedPixelantehttp://www.cinemablend.com/new/Marvel-Black-Panther-Movie-Confirmed-By-Stan-Lee-66993.html Black Panther is apparently getting a movie. And maybe one for Black Widow, even though I think it's too late for her.09/02/2014 - 1:53pm
Cheater87Look what FINALLY came to Australia uncut! http://www.gamespot.com/articles/left-4-dead-2-gets-reclassified-in-australia/1100-6422038/09/02/2014 - 6:49am
Andrew EisenHence the "Uh, yeah. Obviously."09/02/2014 - 12:53am
SleakerI think Nintendo has proven over the last 2 years that it doesn't.09/02/2014 - 12:31am
Andrew EisenSleaker - Uh, yeah. Obviously.09/01/2014 - 8:20pm
Sleaker@AE - exclusives do not a console business make.09/01/2014 - 8:03pm
Papa MidnightI find it disappointing that, despite the presence of a snopes article and multiple articles countering it, people are still spreading a fake news story about a "SWATter" being sentenced to X (because the number seems to keep changing) years in prison.09/01/2014 - 5:08pm
Papa MidnightAnd resulting in PC gaming continuing to be held back by developer habits09/01/2014 - 5:07pm