MTV Takes Notice of Gamer Debate Videos

August 16, 2007 -
The grassroots gamer movement is starting to attract attention.

MTV's Stephen Totilo has taken notice of the recent flood of gamer-created videos. Stephen writes:
 The [ECA], a membership group supporting the rights of video game players, is trying to get a question about games into the... CNN/YouTube debate among Republican presidential candidates set for next month.

Last week, ECA site GamePolitics.com announced a contest encouraging game fans to file their questions and let the group know about it. Anyone who submits a question is promised a free ECA T-shirt, but the bigger prize might be getting the top Republican candidates to discuss the regulation of video games

Over at PrezVid, a site devoted to covering the 2008 Presidential race through the lens of YouTube, editor Peter Hauck gives the ECA's push for gamer videos a nice mention:
As noted previously, video gamers are taking a break from their joysticks and getting political. For the inside story, go to GamePolitics.com — “Where politics and Video Games collide.” The site, part of the Entertainment Consumers Association, does a nice job covering all things political and cultural related to video games...

GamePolitics has jumped on the grassroots gamer response to the CNN/YouTube Republican debate and is now running a contest to spur more video submissions...

Gamers, your grassroots political efforts are not going unnoticed!

Comments

Good sign, but I'll save the cartwheels for when the MSM sits up and takes notice.

Good to hear some good news, at least.

Let's hope that some of these videos get through. I plan to even get in the mess myself. That is, if I can get a decent webcam.

This is great! If nothing else, it is poking holes in the lazy couch potato stereotype. Keep it up. We've got a shot at getting one of these aired.

Great work GamePolitics and everyone who submitted a video. The word is getting out there!

Watch on Nov. 22 when the Republican debate drops every single video game question just to shit on the ECA. Given these folks hard on for censorship I wouldn't be even the least bit surprised, would you?

@Zigs
While I normally support Republicans, I admit that right now the Republicans are backing out on their true ideals...Except for Ron Paul

yay, our videos are starting to get noticed! As soon as i get a good-enough camera, I'm joining

@chadachada

Hey I'm all for Ron Paul, anyone that doesn't make me think 'I'm done with this shitty country when this asshole gets elected' is fine by me.

Stewart/Colbert '08!