Latest Debate Videos Challenge GOP Candidates on Wasteful Game Laws

August 17, 2007 -

Longtime GamePolitics reader and ECA member Jeff McHale (you may know him better as the1jeffy) has turned in his video for the upcoming CNN/YouTube Republican Presidential Debate.

There's also a nicely done (but very brief)

Halo Machinima

...

Comments

XD as the second one is talking a worthog is in the background firing the gattling gun.

Only 1 comment? Come on people, at least you could tell me how bad you think it is!

Anyway, the ECA sent me t-shirts already! Talk about quick shipment.

I got an email from the YouTube debate mods, telling me to include my name, location in the description to ensure a chance at being included. I've done so. Good luck to everyone else who submitted a video, I hope one of us gets included on TV!

@ the1jeffy

I have not been able to watch the videos yet as I am at work. I did however get the same e-mail.

I have noticed that the interest of the GP readers are waning in regards to these videos. The last set only got a handful of comments.

good job Jeffy. Awesome Moogle in the background. where'd you find it?

jeffs one was really good. great question.

I'm very tired of seeing these halo videos. I'd hope they don't have a chance because I doubt a candidate would take it seriously. Hell I can't even take them seriously.

When is the youtube debate?

Dexee,

It was from an import website, I got it for my wife's b-day about 2 years ago, so it's tough to recall.

E.Z.K.

Yeah, I guess after the initial slew of videos, interest has slipped. Too bad, because I feel that this is a great opportunity for us.

Someone feel free to use this arguement, I'm in the UK so its not really appropriate for me to make a video;

point of sale legislation to prevent children playing violent games is pointless, the ERSB is there to inform parents of the content within games which cannot be accessed instore, a watchful parent can prevent a child ever viewing this content in their household. Why should the industry, retailers and the ERSB be blamed for parents failing to use the system that is in place?

Excellent video jeffy. The cuecards are very jon stewart-esque. They make poignant statements (and directed discussion) that need not be said aloud. Each sentence was a .270 bullet pint. It really drove it home.

and shameless promotion is awesome, go ECA and GP!

As I mentioned in the forums, I think Jeff's is pretty fab.

The Halo one... well... it makes me angry. That's all I'm going to say.

yeah..as interesting of a method it is, it and others like it look a bit unprofessional in an area where we are trying to be taken seriously.

@ Jeff McHale

Thank you for making one of the only videos that appears informed, well-thought out, and professional in its composition. Your video should be chosen!

ConsterSince the ads are in the USA, you're technically correct.01/27/2015 - 8:21am
MechaTama31I appreciate the sentiment of the Ms Marvel thing, but defacing *is* still defacing, and free speech is a license to spread hate, if that's really what you want to do with it.01/27/2015 - 7:42am
ConsterAm I the only one imagining the Deep Silver spokesperson making scare quotes Dr Evil style while saying 'incorrectly classified'?01/27/2015 - 7:22am
Michael Chandrahttp://www.telecompaper.com/news/kpn-vodafone-fined-for-net-neutrality-violations--106167501/27/2015 - 5:10am
Michael ChandraThe other for allowing people to watch HBO through an app without being charged for the data-traffic, which was steering customers in their internet behaviour. Both of them against the Net Neutrality Law. 01/27/2015 - 5:10am
Michael ChandraYay, two dutch telephone companies got fined. :) One for blocking selective traffic at their free wifi-hotspots (internetcalling amongst others, prolly Skype and such).01/27/2015 - 5:09am
Andrew EisenHow many people do you think will return their copy for a censored version of the game? My money is on zero.01/27/2015 - 12:47am
Goth_Skunk@Cheater: If I were an Australian consumer, there's no way I'd be returning it.01/26/2015 - 10:43pm
Cheater87Ooops http://stevivor.com/2015/01/ps4-copies-saints-row-iv-re-elected-undergoing-product-recall-australia/01/26/2015 - 10:13pm
Andrew EisenOkay, well I've passed the request along.01/26/2015 - 9:03pm
ZippyDSMleeI loath itunes..........01/26/2015 - 9:02pm
Goth_SkunkUNLESS you haven't downloaded the most 3 recent episodes. Then it cancels your subscription automatically.01/26/2015 - 8:56pm
Goth_Skunk@AE: No. iTunes instead just downloads it automatically, provided you've set it up to do so in your preferences.01/26/2015 - 8:56pm
Andrew EisenAnyone know if iTunes sends email notifications when there's a new episode of a podcast you're subscribed to?01/26/2015 - 8:30pm
ZippyDSMleeAck!! Sorry lack of spell checker means I more incoherent than ever :P, Sign up for email notification thing for the pod cast. Probly more trouble than its worth, I guess I will have to check the site more often ><01/26/2015 - 8:22pm
Andrew EisenWhat is a "sign u email thing"? We provide a direct download link to the show every week. The video version is on my YouTube channel. You can use our RSS feed to add it to a news reader. You can also subscribe to the show on iTunes.01/26/2015 - 6:48pm
ZippyDSMleeMmm you guys ever thought about doing a sign u email thing for the pod cast? If I can click a direct link to downlaod it to toss in all daily podcast listening I might listen to it more than randomly forgtting its on here 0-o01/26/2015 - 6:37pm
prh99Too much time listening to Faux News and Bill Mahr.01/26/2015 - 5:12pm
james_fudgeit's bad pr for the bus company01/26/2015 - 5:10pm
Andrew EisenI'm sure the ones who purchased the ads are a bit peeved but I find my sympathies lacking. I have to wonder why the bus line would buy such ads in the first place. Hard to imagine it doesn't have policies against that stuff.01/26/2015 - 5:07pm