Latest Debate Videos Challenge GOP Candidates on Wasteful Game Laws

August 17, 2007 -

Longtime GamePolitics reader and ECA member Jeff McHale (you may know him better as the1jeffy) has turned in his video for the upcoming CNN/YouTube Republican Presidential Debate.

There's also a nicely done (but very brief)

Halo Machinima

...

Comments

XD as the second one is talking a worthog is in the background firing the gattling gun.

Only 1 comment? Come on people, at least you could tell me how bad you think it is!

Anyway, the ECA sent me t-shirts already! Talk about quick shipment.

I got an email from the YouTube debate mods, telling me to include my name, location in the description to ensure a chance at being included. I've done so. Good luck to everyone else who submitted a video, I hope one of us gets included on TV!

@ the1jeffy

I have not been able to watch the videos yet as I am at work. I did however get the same e-mail.

I have noticed that the interest of the GP readers are waning in regards to these videos. The last set only got a handful of comments.

good job Jeffy. Awesome Moogle in the background. where'd you find it?

jeffs one was really good. great question.

I'm very tired of seeing these halo videos. I'd hope they don't have a chance because I doubt a candidate would take it seriously. Hell I can't even take them seriously.

When is the youtube debate?

Dexee,

It was from an import website, I got it for my wife's b-day about 2 years ago, so it's tough to recall.

E.Z.K.

Yeah, I guess after the initial slew of videos, interest has slipped. Too bad, because I feel that this is a great opportunity for us.

Someone feel free to use this arguement, I'm in the UK so its not really appropriate for me to make a video;

point of sale legislation to prevent children playing violent games is pointless, the ERSB is there to inform parents of the content within games which cannot be accessed instore, a watchful parent can prevent a child ever viewing this content in their household. Why should the industry, retailers and the ERSB be blamed for parents failing to use the system that is in place?

Excellent video jeffy. The cuecards are very jon stewart-esque. They make poignant statements (and directed discussion) that need not be said aloud. Each sentence was a .270 bullet pint. It really drove it home.

and shameless promotion is awesome, go ECA and GP!

As I mentioned in the forums, I think Jeff's is pretty fab.

The Halo one... well... it makes me angry. That's all I'm going to say.

yeah..as interesting of a method it is, it and others like it look a bit unprofessional in an area where we are trying to be taken seriously.

@ Jeff McHale

Thank you for making one of the only videos that appears informed, well-thought out, and professional in its composition. Your video should be chosen!

Poll

Poll: Is it censorship when a private retailer decides not to sell a particular video game?:

Andrew EisenOh, there's also the Facebook page.05/27/2015 - 4:29pm
hidannikOkay :( Guess I'll just have to YouTube it when I've caught up on all the other podcasts.05/27/2015 - 4:13pm
Andrew EisenI honestly don't know. The show is on my YouTube channel and we promote it here on the site every week.05/27/2015 - 4:11pm
hidannikIs there nothing a podcast app can key on?\05/27/2015 - 4:09pm
Andrew EisenYeah, we lost Libsyn quite some time ago. As such, no RSS or iTunes. We're working on finding a new (and cost effective) home but it's been really slow going.05/27/2015 - 4:07pm
hidannikThe last one on that feed was Feb 905/27/2015 - 4:05pm
hidannikThe feed is at superpac.libsyn.com05/27/2015 - 4:05pm
hidannikI ask because it hasn't shown up in my PocketCasts feed in a while. (I'm currently a month behind)05/27/2015 - 4:02pm
E. Zachary KnightAE, Loved your mom as the guest on your 30 Days of Netflix series. She is one interesting lady.05/27/2015 - 3:47pm
E. Zachary Knighthidannik, If you mean on iTunes, we are working to get it back up there soon. Otherwise, the show must go on. We record live every Saturday at 8pm Central05/27/2015 - 3:47pm
Andrew Eisenhidannik - The podcast will continue this weekend and every weekend after for the foreseeable future. What makes you ask?05/27/2015 - 3:29pm
Matthew WilsonI say no it isnt, but it depends on the reason for not selling it. were the pressured to not sell it. aka target au, or did they chose not to on their own aka gog with hatred.05/27/2015 - 3:28pm
hidannikIs there no more podcast?05/27/2015 - 3:26pm
E. Zachary KnightHere is another thought exercise. How would you feel if game developers traded in IP? http://gamasutra.com/blogs/JorgeMunoz/20150520/243471/Why_dont_developers_buysell_intellectual_property_much_like_other_assets.php05/27/2015 - 3:24pm
Andrew EisenSlightly Mad Studio comments on Wii U version of Project Cars: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/exclusive_slightly_mad_studio_head_ian_bell_sets_the_record_straight_on_project_cars_wii_u05/27/2015 - 11:54am
E. Zachary KnightGamasutra has a really interesting interview with the Hatred developers. http://gamasutra.com/blogs/AlbertPalka/20150526/244229/Real_talk_with_Destructive_Creations_Hatred_interview.php05/27/2015 - 10:11am
WonderkarpLove Gamerevolutions Summary of Splatoon "It's like Double Dare found love with a roll of sushi and made a beautiful, action-packed Wii U game."05/27/2015 - 9:41am
E. Zachary KnightExtra Credits promotes SJW PC crap by discussing Rust's decision to include race but not give players a choice. ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh1zfdUTqBY05/27/2015 - 9:20am
ZippyDSMleeIt would be haliarous if soemone started complaining about it in some form or another.05/27/2015 - 8:58am
E. Zachary KnightMore SJW PC crap being shoved down the throats of game designers and gamers ;) http://gamasutra.com/view/news/244376/Bloodstaineds_female_lead_Miriam_reflects_the_games_audience.php05/27/2015 - 8:43am