ESA Promotes Two

February 14, 2008 -

The Entertainment Software Association, which represents the interests of U.S. video game publishers, has promoted a pair of veteran employees.

An ESA press release notes that Dan Hewitt (a familiar face to video game journalists) has been named Senior Director of Communications. Meanwhile, Ed Desmond was elevated to Senior Vice President of Government Affairs.

Congresswoman Mary Bono Mack (R-CA) commented on Desmond's promotion:

Ed's professionalism and knowledge of the industry make him an exceptionally effective, reliable and steadfast advocate for his industry. His experience and ability to navigate the complexities of Capitol Hill have earned him the respect of his peers and those I work with in Congress.

Heather Podesta, a D.C. lobbyist, described by the ESA as a "seasoned Democratic public policy strategist," added:

For so long, Ed’s shown outstanding leadership and positive visibility on Capitol Hill for the video game industry. I’m delighted that the ESA and its member companies recognize and value his contributions and achievements.

The ESA press release also covered Hewitt's new responsibilities:

Hewitt will work to add the industry’s voice to coverage on a broad range of issues, including First Amendment protections, the dangers of global piracy, industry self-regulation, the E3 Media & Business Summit, and the cultural and economic significance of games.

Democratic political strategist Minyon Moore praised Hewitt:

Dan has a keen ability to anticipate and address his industry’s communications and public affairs challenges. His insight, expertise and ability to work easily among seemingly disparate coalitions are an asset to the ESA’s future and potential.

Comments

i think they are talking bout the people they promoted (ongrats to them by the way)

"His insight, expertise and ability to work easily among seemingly disparate coalitions are an asset to the ESA’s future and potential."
Are they talking about... us?

MattsworknameBIG: how does that make sense?08/05/2015 - 12:18am
Big PermLenny Kravitz penis has been trending all day08/04/2015 - 11:45pm
MattsworknameSo far, Win 8 gave me nothing but problems08/04/2015 - 11:18pm
MattsworknameI;ll see what I can come up with tomarow08/04/2015 - 11:16pm
ZippyDSMleethose is the issue.08/04/2015 - 10:47pm
ZippyDSMleeOdd, even with admin? I have UAC turned off so I do not have to fuss with it too much, also in order to run FO3/NV you need DX,VC++ 010, mmm might try and download VC++ distro pack both 32 and 64bit from 8 to 2012 or so and isntall them see if one of thos08/04/2015 - 10:46pm
MattsworknameTried that 2 zippy, it still wouldn't work08/04/2015 - 10:43pm
ZippyDSMleeI have had to run NV in compatibility mode before. I have both FO3 and NV running fine with a bunch of mods on win8.108/04/2015 - 10:24pm
MattsworknameI did the direct x 9 fix, issue remains08/04/2015 - 10:13pm
MattsworknameI've had issues with it since the start really, as soon as I tried to run it on Win 8.1, vegas woudl crash as soon as i launched it, even when using the base game08/04/2015 - 10:12pm
MattsworknameManta: I run into issues the moment I try to use any mods. and some times even no mods08/04/2015 - 10:09pm
MattsworknameChris ray gun on the gawker media scandel from a few weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGv0KTV9IM08/04/2015 - 10:08pm
black mantaFunny, Matt. I've been able to run it from Steam no problem.08/04/2015 - 10:02pm
Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm