ESA Promotes Two

February 14, 2008 -

The Entertainment Software Association, which represents the interests of U.S. video game publishers, has promoted a pair of veteran employees.

An ESA press release notes that Dan Hewitt (a familiar face to video game journalists) has been named Senior Director of Communications. Meanwhile, Ed Desmond was elevated to Senior Vice President of Government Affairs.

Congresswoman Mary Bono Mack (R-CA) commented on Desmond's promotion:

Ed's professionalism and knowledge of the industry make him an exceptionally effective, reliable and steadfast advocate for his industry. His experience and ability to navigate the complexities of Capitol Hill have earned him the respect of his peers and those I work with in Congress.

Heather Podesta, a D.C. lobbyist, described by the ESA as a "seasoned Democratic public policy strategist," added:

For so long, Ed’s shown outstanding leadership and positive visibility on Capitol Hill for the video game industry. I’m delighted that the ESA and its member companies recognize and value his contributions and achievements.

The ESA press release also covered Hewitt's new responsibilities:

Hewitt will work to add the industry’s voice to coverage on a broad range of issues, including First Amendment protections, the dangers of global piracy, industry self-regulation, the E3 Media & Business Summit, and the cultural and economic significance of games.

Democratic political strategist Minyon Moore praised Hewitt:

Dan has a keen ability to anticipate and address his industry’s communications and public affairs challenges. His insight, expertise and ability to work easily among seemingly disparate coalitions are an asset to the ESA’s future and potential.

Comments

i think they are talking bout the people they promoted (ongrats to them by the way)

"His insight, expertise and ability to work easily among seemingly disparate coalitions are an asset to the ESA’s future and potential."
Are they talking about... us?

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm