Disgraced Former T2 CEO Back in the Saddle with Gaming Startup

April 24, 2008 -
When last seen by GamePolitics readers, former Take Two CEO Ryan Brant (left) was doing the perp walk, copping a plea and paying back more than $7 million in fraudulent earnings.

That was less than a year ago, but Newsweek's N'Gai Croal reports that Brant is back in the video game business with NYC startup GreenScreen Interactive. CEO Ron Chaimowitz told Croal:
It was initially founded by Ryan Brant, Mark Seremet and Susan Cummings. Mark and Ryan were founders of take-Two Interactive, and Susan was at Take-Two and actually worked with Ryan to build the 2K label very successfully from zero to $400 million over four years.

Croal zeroed in on the presence of Brant, who is on probation and barred from holding corporate office in a public company. On this aspect, Chaimowitz said:
Did I have concerns? Yes. Did I think it was a major obstacle? No. I think that what Ryan brings is a tremendous creative and strategic vision for product. The areas that will Ryan will focus on will be in those areas.

He will not--and he's not allowed to-to be on the board. He's not an officer of the company. We'll deal with any particular issues that come up from an SEC perspective as we go forward, but we're fairly confident that they will be non-issues given the role that he'll play in the company.

Comments

Re: Disgraced Former T2 CEO Back in the Saddle with Gaming ...

oor Take Two. First dealing with EA merger deals, now a lawsuit. These guys take a lot of crap from the world.

spanish horses for sale

Steal millions, no jail and you get another job...

Wow this is insane...

White collar crime is the way to go, yo.

I'll forgive what he did and simply hope he does a better job than at Take Two

# kurisu7885 Says:
April 25th, 2008 at 4:43 pm

I’ll forgive what he did and simply hope he does a better job than at Take Two

Forgiveness is a virtue, sure, but...it seems like he was barely punished at all. I'm not really comfortable with that. It's one thing if a criminal isn't punished because we can't catch him, another to let a guilty man walk almost as if he's done nothing wrong. People worked hard to make the money he took.

Nice situation to be in when you get rewarded for crime?

james_fudgehis readers are.09/16/2014 - 10:36am
IanCWikileaks will jump on any agenda for publicity.09/16/2014 - 10:22am
NeenekoWow. This is the first I have heard of the guy. What a jerk.09/16/2014 - 10:14am
quiknkoldmaskedpixelante : Milo Yiannopolous isnt really old.09/16/2014 - 9:57am
MaskedPixelanteBreitbart in a nutshell: Racist old white men saying stupid things.09/16/2014 - 9:54am
james_fudgequiknkold, that's bile. Read the comments and you'll get a taste of that site's audience.09/16/2014 - 9:17am
ZippyDSMleeSo gamer gate will be know as the time all the 13 year old sexist racists assholes came out of the wood work and attacked anything with more brains than themsevles. 0_o09/16/2014 - 9:09am
E. Zachary KnightAwwwww. I feel so special. I have someone on Twitter shaming me for being anti-gamergate.09/16/2014 - 9:06am
quiknkoldhttp://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2014/09/15/the-gamergate-movement-is-making-terrific-progress-don-t-stop-now09/16/2014 - 8:54am
james_fudgeme either.09/16/2014 - 8:54am
E. Zachary KnightI understand what Wikileaks twitter was getting at, but I have no clue what that article was getting at.09/16/2014 - 8:45am
Michael Chandra"You know how game journalists are a corrupt bunch that do shady dealings? Well so are the politicians at the NATO!" #clickbait09/16/2014 - 8:22am
james_fudgeit's simply a case of an org trying to latch onto a hashtag without knowing what it is about.09/16/2014 - 8:07am
E. Zachary KnightOk. I admit it. I have absolutely no clue what that article was trying to say. Can you explain it to me?09/16/2014 - 8:04am
Michael ChandraWhy am I not surprised seeing that coming from a man who allegedly didn't respect women's wishes regarding condom use?09/16/2014 - 8:01am
Michael Chandrahttp://www.newstatesman.com/media-mole/2014/09/wikileaks-wades-gamergate-says-nato-corrupt-video-games-journalism09/16/2014 - 8:00am
E. Zachary KnightGot a link?09/16/2014 - 7:58am