Report: Disgraced Former T2 CEO Sells Recent Startup Game Company

June 4, 2008 -

Fortune.com reports that Ryan Brant (left), who pleaded guilty to committing massive fraud during his tenure as CEO of Grand Theft Auto publisher Take-Two Interactive, has sold his newly-started game development company.

In late April Newsweek's N'Gai Croal broke the news that Brant was back in the gaming biz as part of GreenScreen Interactive, although not as a corporate officer. Brant is barred from holding office in a public company as part of his 2007 guilty plea on fraud charges.

Of the GreenScreen sale, Fortune reports:

Brant agreed to sell the videogame company he recently founded, GreenScreen Interactive Software, to a company called Mandalay Media, whose co-chairmen are Peter Guber - the Hollywood producer behind "Midnight Express" and "The Color Purple" - and CEO Bruce Stein, a former Mattel and Sony executive...

According to a regulatory filing, GreenScreen and Mandalay entered into merger talks after Mandalay pledged a $2 million bridge loan, collateralized by GreenScreen's corporate assets...

Not much is publicly known about GreenScreen - or Brant's role in the company... Nowhere does the company's Web site mention Brant... Brant may well have turned a corner in the way he does business, choosing a quiet life of video game development over fraud and self-dealing.

New York Post reporter Roddy Boyd, who has often written about Take-Two for the newspaper, penned the Fortune.com piece.

Comments

Re: Report: Disgraced Former T2 CEO Sells Recent Startup Game

Very strange that he's bailing on the company so shortly after it was founded.  Wasn't it like 2 weeks ago that they announced the acquisition of DSI Games and Zoo Publishing, those two shovelware companies that had been around for several eyars?  They seemed to have a long-term strategy setup but are bailing out almost immediately.  I always believed that Brant was involved as the name of the company uses the same styling as his previous company (GreenScreen Interactive Software whereas his previous company is Take-Two Interactive Software.)  Very odd turn of events.

PHX Corphttp://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/04/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-review/ anyone seen this04/26/2015 - 4:19pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm