E3 Travel Weekend

July 12, 2008 -

I'll be flying out to Los Angeles tomorrow morning for E3, so posting will be somewhat light this weekend. I will, however, post my E3 schedule so readers can see what I'm up to at the show.

It's really impossible for a site like GP to provide the kind of wall-to-wall E3 coverage that the bigger sites can and that's not really our focus anyway.

What I will do is attempt to give readers some of the flavor of the show, especially this year's new, smaller format. E3 in L.A. has always been an extravanza. This year will be... different.

There are a few events that are right up GP's alley, like the Gov. Perry keynote and ESA boss Mike Gallagher's state-of-the-biz speech. Of course, I'll be all over those. I may also do a little live-blogging from some of the press conferences as well.

Hal Halpin and the ECA HQ crew are heading to the show as well. Should be fun!

I will also be using Twitter for some short bulletins at E3. If you want to catch these updates, set your Twitter account to follow GamePolitics

Posted in

Comments

Re: E3 Travel Weekend

Keep us informed Dennis!

Re: E3 Travel Weekend

"fun stuff"

He's going to E3, not to have fun.

Re: E3 Travel Weekend

Twitter? I haven't used that thing since last year. Anyhow, have a safe trip Dennis. The keynote should be interesting from all the hubbub surrounding the ESA's choice for it.

Be safe!

- Warren Lewis

Consumer responsibility is just as important as Corporate responsibility. So, be responsible consumers.

Re: E3 Travel Weekend

Enjoy your visit to E3 Dennis, hope you get lots of fun stuff to share with us.

Poll

Will the New Nintendo 3DS be region free?:

prh99I would be shocked if Nintendo said it was region free, or even made it optional like XBox 360 for that matter.09/02/2014 - 7:22pm
Matthew WilsonI should say the recent past.09/02/2014 - 6:58pm
Matthew Wilsongiven their past, I do not blame people for thinking they will not change. I think they will keep region locking too.09/02/2014 - 6:48pm
E. Zachary KnightMan. People have no confidence in Nintendo regarding region locking the New 3DS.09/02/2014 - 6:20pm
Andrew EisenThat doesn't mean there has to be a movie though. Having said that, I've no doubt that we will eventually get a Black Panther movie. But Stan Lee will probably learn about it around the same time you and I do.09/02/2014 - 2:34pm
MaskedPixelanteWell they have to get to him eventually. Captain America's shield didn't grow on a tree, the minerals to make it had to come from somewhere, and that somewhere is Wakanda.09/02/2014 - 2:31pm
E. Zachary KnightYes, but it has never been confirmed as in development, or even pre-production.09/02/2014 - 2:21pm
MaskedPixelanteBlack Panther's been on the short list for a while.09/02/2014 - 2:18pm
E. Zachary KnightIt is possible that Stan Lee mispoke. I don't think he knows everything Marvel movies. But it is a sweet idea if true.09/02/2014 - 2:04pm
Andrew EisenSo says Stan Lee who almost certainly wouldn't know.09/02/2014 - 2:04pm
MaskedPixelantehttp://www.cinemablend.com/new/Marvel-Black-Panther-Movie-Confirmed-By-Stan-Lee-66993.html Black Panther is apparently getting a movie. And maybe one for Black Widow, even though I think it's too late for her.09/02/2014 - 1:53pm
Cheater87Look what FINALLY came to Australia uncut! http://www.gamespot.com/articles/left-4-dead-2-gets-reclassified-in-australia/1100-6422038/09/02/2014 - 6:49am
Andrew EisenHence the "Uh, yeah. Obviously."09/02/2014 - 12:53am
SleakerI think Nintendo has proven over the last 2 years that it doesn't.09/02/2014 - 12:31am
Andrew EisenSleaker - Uh, yeah. Obviously.09/01/2014 - 8:20pm
Sleaker@AE - exclusives do not a console business make.09/01/2014 - 8:03pm
Papa MidnightI find it disappointing that, despite the presence of a snopes article and multiple articles countering it, people are still spreading a fake news story about a "SWATter" being sentenced to X (because the number seems to keep changing) years in prison.09/01/2014 - 5:08pm
Papa MidnightAnd resulting in PC gaming continuing to be held back by developer habits09/01/2014 - 5:07pm
Papa MidnightI find it disappointing that the current gen of consoles is representative of 2009-2010 in PC gaming, and will be the bar by which games are released over the next 8 years - resulting in more years of poor PC ports (if they're ever ported)09/01/2014 - 5:06pm
Andrew EisenMeanwhile, 6 of Wii U's top 12 are exclusive: Mario 3D World, Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, Wonderful 101, and ZombiU. (Wind Waker HD is on the list too but I didn't count it.)09/01/2014 - 4:36pm