E3 Travel Weekend

July 12, 2008 -

I'll be flying out to Los Angeles tomorrow morning for E3, so posting will be somewhat light this weekend. I will, however, post my E3 schedule so readers can see what I'm up to at the show.

It's really impossible for a site like GP to provide the kind of wall-to-wall E3 coverage that the bigger sites can and that's not really our focus anyway.

What I will do is attempt to give readers some of the flavor of the show, especially this year's new, smaller format. E3 in L.A. has always been an extravanza. This year will be... different.

There are a few events that are right up GP's alley, like the Gov. Perry keynote and ESA boss Mike Gallagher's state-of-the-biz speech. Of course, I'll be all over those. I may also do a little live-blogging from some of the press conferences as well.

Hal Halpin and the ECA HQ crew are heading to the show as well. Should be fun!

I will also be using Twitter for some short bulletins at E3. If you want to catch these updates, set your Twitter account to follow GamePolitics

Posted in

Comments

Re: E3 Travel Weekend

Keep us informed Dennis!

Re: E3 Travel Weekend

"fun stuff"

He's going to E3, not to have fun.

Re: E3 Travel Weekend

Twitter? I haven't used that thing since last year. Anyhow, have a safe trip Dennis. The keynote should be interesting from all the hubbub surrounding the ESA's choice for it.

Be safe!

- Warren Lewis

Consumer responsibility is just as important as Corporate responsibility. So, be responsible consumers.

Re: E3 Travel Weekend

Enjoy your visit to E3 Dennis, hope you get lots of fun stuff to share with us.

Poll

Will Code Avarice's Paranautical Activity make its way back onto Steam?:

Neo_DrKefkawith a neutral party Moderating it. I've been waiting a long time for a GamerGate to happen but now all I want is the healing to start. Weird huh? Gamers don't need to be attacking gamers we should all be on the same side10/24/2014 - 12:39am
Neo_DrKefkaRight now from what I seen your tweet and the other guys tweet there are hard feelings. Until we start a dialogue with each other I think it will get worse before it will get better. I hope you guys work something out meet in a neutral stream10/24/2014 - 12:37am
Neo_DrKefkaThanks James. Even if a hot/hard headed person likes me thinks the public needs to sit down and discuss this together. We all might not agree right now but if the public does not start talking to each other we are not going anywhere.10/24/2014 - 12:36am
james_fudgeHey guys I had a nap because, getting old! I'll take a look.10/24/2014 - 12:01am
Matthew Wilsonjames needs to contact Totalbiscuit than10/23/2014 - 10:07pm
Neo_DrKefkaJames said earlier he went into a stream earlier informed them who he was and they didn't care. If James is trying to talk lets set something up?10/23/2014 - 9:38pm
Matthew WilsonTotalbiscuit has been trying for months, no one that is anti gg seems to want to talk with him on camera10/23/2014 - 9:20pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey James check your twitter. Check with Totalbiscuit see if you can get a round table discussion stream going see if he can get some pro gg people and you can get some gamejournopros. Both sides have been hurt, doxxed its time every1 sits down and talks10/23/2014 - 9:05pm
Matthew Wilsonthe wiiu will support up to 8 gc controllers http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry10.html10/23/2014 - 7:50pm
quiknkoldmewtwo is a timed free exclusive. you can purchase him if you dont have both.10/23/2014 - 7:15pm
Neo_DrKefka@Monte A month and a half ago we had a lot of streams about solutions now all the streams are KingofPol styled rants about getting drunk. All Gamergate is about to many is for people to use the movement to jump start careers.10/23/2014 - 7:12pm
Neo_DrKefkaWhose stream where you in James?10/23/2014 - 7:02pm
Matthew Wilsonyup they are holding mewtwo hostage lol10/23/2014 - 5:59pm
MaskedPixelanteApparently Mewtwo is going to be a free download to anyone who bought both versions of Smash 4.10/23/2014 - 5:41pm
TechnogeekYou would also think that if GG gave a shit about journalistic ethics, Game Informer would have been the very first line of their boycott list.10/23/2014 - 5:32pm
MaskedPixelanteRidley confirmed for Smash Wii U... as a stage buddy like the Yellow Devil and flying man.10/23/2014 - 5:31pm
prh99Rather than trying to spin it as some sort of artistic choice, they should just say they don't want to rework the engine to either decouple the mechanics or make them work at 60fps.10/23/2014 - 5:25pm
Matthew Wilsonubisoft is made to look worse now. wiiu smash is 1080p 60fps lol10/23/2014 - 5:02pm
MonteYou would think that, if GG were really about journalistic ethics, their streams would be more conerned with Shadows of mordor(a REAL controversy involing a major publisher) than with the FALSE jounralistic controversy around Quinn10/23/2014 - 4:49pm
Andrew EisenHope so.10/23/2014 - 4:45pm