CBS News Interview Will Wright About Spore

September 18, 2008 -

CBS News correspondent Daniel Sieberg interviews Will Wright about Spore. It's a DRM-free conversation and the second installment of this week's three-parter, The Games Our Children Play.

Catch part one, detailing the landmark Teens, Video Games & Civics report issued by the Pew Internet & American Life Project here.

Comments

Re: CBS News Interview Will Wright About Spore

He should explain why they made the space stage as annoying as they did...

and I want his opinion on DRM and how it destroyed his game or if he thinks its fine and dandy...

Re: CBS News Interview Will Wright About Spore

Last I heard from a religious family, games like this don't belong in the home.  It teaches evolution, and since dinosaurs never existed, and their fossils were put in the Earth to test our faith, we shouldn't play games that promote evolution.  -This message is sponsored by Sarah Palin

When are people going to push for her to answer Matt Damon's question?  What are her beliefs behind dinosaurs?  What about times even before that? Where we have proof of creatures far older than dinosaur days?

Back on topic though, I like SimCity more than Spore, I need to get my SNES and play SimCity again...  Oh the good old days...  I finally beat the game and got the Mario Statue 3 years ago, haha.  Yes, it took me 15 years to get the Mario Statue.  I suck, but hey, I did it at least.

Re: CBS News Interview Will Wright About Spore

I bought Spore, it was ok, but even since buying it, I've been playing Dwarf Fortress more, and that's Freeware....

Re: CBS News Interview Will Wright About Spore

"Games Our Children Play"

G*ddamnit.

MattsworknameIt happens Tama, you go away for a few hours and the next thing you know, BOOM, shout box is jammed packed.05/07/2015 - 2:44am
MechaTama31Yikes, even with the massive new shoutbox, it still overflowed since I checked this afternoon.05/06/2015 - 11:25pm
Mattsworknameall I know is that whatever else it is, its gonna look good, cause the tech nowadays means you can do so much more with it.05/06/2015 - 9:39pm
Andrew EisenI hope Star Wars hooks me at some point. I'd love to be a fan again.05/06/2015 - 8:54pm
Wonderkarpme and my GF and Brother are going for Star Wars when it releases. We booked everything the moment the release date was announced.05/06/2015 - 8:35pm
Matthew WilsonI went as a kid. no real desire to go back.05/06/2015 - 8:34pm
Andrew EisenI'll go there someday. Just don't have the money or time right now. Need someone to go with too and that makes it even more of a logistical challenge.05/06/2015 - 8:32pm
Wonderkarpthis year I'm going to Disney World so I cant wait till Winter.05/06/2015 - 8:30pm
WonderkarpWinter is the worse....for my wallet05/06/2015 - 8:30pm
Andrew EisenWinter is the worst for me. Especially around Christmas time.05/06/2015 - 8:26pm
Wonderkarpknow what I hate? Month of May. my Sinus's are on fire.05/06/2015 - 8:25pm
Andrew EisenIn other news, I just realized what a mistake it was to start my 30 Days of Netflix project on YouTube the same month Age of Ultron came out.05/06/2015 - 8:24pm
Goth_SkunkI know. :P05/06/2015 - 8:13pm
Andrew EisenGoth - Great. Just don't be a dick about it! (not aimed at you)05/06/2015 - 8:13pm
Matthew Wilson@goth do it in a reasonable manner thought. do not harass her.05/06/2015 - 8:13pm
Mattsworknamelots of gamers fall into that p roblem, as do some feminists and other grooups05/06/2015 - 8:11pm
Goth_SkunkI think when someone is as influential as Sarkeesian is, having and espousing that opinion is dangerous. It has to be challenged. She has to be told, 'No, you're wrong about this.' And her influence should suffer as a result.05/06/2015 - 8:11pm
Mattsworknamegg has its bad actors and most moderate ggs dislike or outright work against them. be careful not to let your own hate or bias make you act like those you accuse05/06/2015 - 8:10pm
Andrew EisenMatt - Hell, sometimes minorities (peoples, opinions, whatever) themselves are just so damn scary to a number of the majority that they get marginalized whether there were so called bad actors or not.05/06/2015 - 8:09pm
Mattsworknamemechacrash, my point was that groups get marked by the actions of minoritys among them. as andrew points out, this isn't just feminist or gg, it's universal due to the wide spread use of social media05/06/2015 - 8:07pm