Presidential Debate Festivities in Second Life

September 29, 2008 -

Hopefully, you found time to watch Friday's presidential debate between Republican John McCain and Democrat Barack Obama. Perhaps you even viewed it from within Second Life.

Over at The Click Heard Round the World Rik Panganiban checked out the SL presence of both camps during the debate:

The McCain viewing party was held in a beachside setting at the "Straight Talk Cafe" build... It was a festive event, with avatars dancing, sipping beverages, and lounging on beach chairs as they watched the debate from their TVs and laptops at home.  About 25 avatars were in attendance...

The Obama camp's debate watching party took place at "Obama/Biden Lounge at Hope Beach...  About 30-some avatars were in attendance. Their impressions were nearly opposite those of the McCain camp...

Obviously this was a very small subset of both candidates' supporters.  What I observed was a lot of preaching to the choir and one-sided views of their candidates.  There was no real dialogue across the aisle, nor was there intended to be... I think it's a useful reminder that no matter the political figure, one person's angel is another person's demon.

Comments

Re: Presidential Debate Festivities in Second Life

I vote for the econ guy that figures out the best solution to our issues we are having...  I dont know if a bailout is good or bad...  I have heard people agrue both ways, and it seems like finding a solution to religious debate is closer than this...  The difference is, it doesn't matter if god exists or not really, it does matter if the US is economicly screwed...  If the US falls, then China falls, then everyone falls.  Just like if China would fall, the US would fall, then everyone would fall, and if everyone else fell, then Chine and the US would fall...  There is no win, we need each other to survive now, and for the sake for the world, there is only one out of these two guys that is offering a solution to minimize the damage to other countries if we fall.

I have to vote for what is best not only for the country, but also for man kind personally, and there is only one person that does both, not saying he is the best guy in the world for the job, but the best out of the two.

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Re: Presidential Debate Festivities in Second Life

Except, China can't fall. Absolutely impossible.

~You Could Be Mine, But You're Way Out Of Line..~