Destructoid Editor Singing Like a Bird... For 24 Hours

October 3, 2008 -

Destructoid Editor Jim Sterling hopes to raise $5,000 for charity for Sarcastic Gamer's upcoming Extra Life marathon, and he's offering a bonus if he does.

Sterling promises that if he reaches his goal, he will play SingStar, Sony's popular karaoke game, for 24 hours straight and do it live on the web. From his post:

Just think about this for a moment. That's twenty-four hours of singing. If we exceed $5000 by a significant amount, I'll even take requests. You might be able to force me to sing Total Eclipse of the Heart for an entire hour...

Think about it -- I might die. If you want to be able to tell your grandkids that technically you killed Jim Sterling, then give, give, give and make your dreams a reality.

The Extra Life marathon takes place on October 18th. From Sarcastic Gamer's website:

On Saturday October 18th, 2008 gamers from around the world will come together for 24 hours to raise money and awareness for the cause of pediatric cancer.  Cancer is the number one cause of non-accidental death in children.  Together, we’re going to stand with the families from around the world who come to Texas Children’s Cancer Center in Houston, Texas for lifesaving treatment.  Texas Children’s Cancer Center serves kids worldwide regardless of their family’s ability to pay.  This generous philosophy means that your support is crucial to ensuring not only the development of new cutting edge cures, but also to provide care to kids from all corners of the globe.

GP: It's gonna be like a train wreck. I know I should look away, but... Anyway, I've signed up. Anyone else in? Click here to make a pledge.

Comments

Re: Destructoid Editor Singing Like a Bird... For 24 Hours

I don't think he realizes what he's getting himself into.  Karaoke is my number one hobby, and I can tell you that if you sing for two hours straight with no breaks, your voice is DONE.  No way he makes it through 24, unless he just kind of talks his way through the songs, which would be something of a cop-out in my estimation.

Of course, it's all for a good cause, and he's doing more for the community than I am, so I don't want to come off as overly negative or anything. =)

"There is no sin except stupidity." - Oscar Wilde

"De minimus non curat lex"

Re: Destructoid Editor Singing Like a Bird... For 24 Hours

Wait a minute...Isn't this the same guy who dressed like a robot at E3, expected Lowenstein to take him seriously, then got pissed when he didn't?

Re: Destructoid Editor Singing Like a Bird... For 24 Hours

I hope he likes Rick Astley.

Re: Destructoid Editor Singing Like a Bird... For 24 Hours

I thought he was trying to encourage people to donate, not drive them away.

Re: Destructoid Editor Singing Like a Bird... For 24 Hours

I don't know, I kinda feel like he might have more luck if he threatened to sing if he DIDN'T raise the money.

Re: Destructoid Editor Singing Like a Bird... For 24 Hours

Haha, I love the D-toid guys.  This is really for a great cause, and it will result in funny antics that we can watch live on the web, and I am sure on YouTube for many years later, haha.

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Poll

Which video game platform are you most thankful for?:

MaskedPixelanteEhh, MSS is only half off, I can wait for it to go under 1011/26/2014 - 3:48pm
NeenekoWhich is why I completely ignore the site.11/26/2014 - 3:15pm
james_fudgeAHHH Someone bar the door and keep the kids away from the credit cards!11/26/2014 - 3:14pm
Neo_DrKefkaThe Ralph Retort is a toxic mess and the guy is literally building his career on the back of the GamerGate movement. Whether you believe GamerGate is right or wrong this is a man profiteering on this war.11/26/2014 - 2:56pm
WonderkarpTHE STEAM SALES HAVE BEGUN!11/26/2014 - 2:16pm
MaskedPixelanteUnless you have said DLC already, then you can get the equally broken FarCry 4.11/26/2014 - 2:15pm
WonderkarpI love Boogie. He's awesome.11/26/2014 - 2:02pm
PHX Corphttp://kotaku.com/ubisoft-apologizes-for-assassins-creed-unity-with-free-1663768202 [Sarcasm]Ubisoft Apologizes for making a broken game, gives out free dlc for said broken game[/sarcasm]11/26/2014 - 1:53pm
Andrew EisenIt's a cute joke to make but it’s important to note that the person's view is not gendered. It's not about not supporting a female dev, it's about not supporting GamerGate. Gender is irrelevant in this case.11/26/2014 - 1:10pm
Neo_DrKefkaToo add what Andrew said about the The Ralph Retort it is no different from what you read at Gawker. I remember reading The Ralph Retort on how Boogie was the bad guy from being on the fence until he jumped to the GamerGate side.11/26/2014 - 12:42pm
Wonderkarpthat, I do not know the answer too. I see some people saying they wont vote for her because of it. I'm pointing out the irony.11/26/2014 - 12:31pm
Andrew EisenIs this call to not vote for her game widespread or is it just the one tweet from the one guy?11/26/2014 - 12:19pm
Wonderkarphttps://twitter.com/GMShivers here's her twitter if you wanna look. I didnt see any harassment. 11/26/2014 - 12:07pm
Andrew EisenI'm just curious what kind of GamerGater the dev is. Does she harass people? If so, I could understand the desire not to support her. "Very Pro-GG" doesn't tell me anything.11/26/2014 - 12:05pm
NeenekoWhile boycotts have their place, small ones like that just hurt small producers for no real gain. It is just being petty.11/26/2014 - 12:02pm
WonderkarpI'm addicted too their deals :P When I find an alternative, I'll drop Kotaku :P. you Tease cause you care though :)11/26/2014 - 11:57am
Andrew EisenWarning, light teasing incoming. Ahem. So, not only could you not go a full four hours without reading The Ralph Retort, but you read Kotaku? A site you say you're actively trying to convince others to stay away from? Wow!11/26/2014 - 11:56am
Wonderkarpi love nintendo <311/26/2014 - 10:27am
MaskedPixelantehttp://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/26/pokemon-omega-rubyalpha-sapphire-sold-3-million-worldwide-three-days/ More good Nintendo news that I can't wait to be turned into "NINTENDO IS DOOMED" articles by certain outlets.11/26/2014 - 10:03am
Wonderkarpthough its kinda ironic, as this cartoon shows. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3XCIeQCUAAWWkv.jpg cause I thought it was about wanting more women in games?11/26/2014 - 9:39am