Destructoid Editor Singing Like a Bird... For 24 Hours

October 3, 2008 -

Destructoid Editor Jim Sterling hopes to raise $5,000 for charity for Sarcastic Gamer's upcoming Extra Life marathon, and he's offering a bonus if he does.

Sterling promises that if he reaches his goal, he will play SingStar, Sony's popular karaoke game, for 24 hours straight and do it live on the web. From his post:

Just think about this for a moment. That's twenty-four hours of singing. If we exceed $5000 by a significant amount, I'll even take requests. You might be able to force me to sing Total Eclipse of the Heart for an entire hour...

Think about it -- I might die. If you want to be able to tell your grandkids that technically you killed Jim Sterling, then give, give, give and make your dreams a reality.

The Extra Life marathon takes place on October 18th. From Sarcastic Gamer's website:

On Saturday October 18th, 2008 gamers from around the world will come together for 24 hours to raise money and awareness for the cause of pediatric cancer.  Cancer is the number one cause of non-accidental death in children.  Together, we’re going to stand with the families from around the world who come to Texas Children’s Cancer Center in Houston, Texas for lifesaving treatment.  Texas Children’s Cancer Center serves kids worldwide regardless of their family’s ability to pay.  This generous philosophy means that your support is crucial to ensuring not only the development of new cutting edge cures, but also to provide care to kids from all corners of the globe.

GP: It's gonna be like a train wreck. I know I should look away, but... Anyway, I've signed up. Anyone else in? Click here to make a pledge.

Comments

Re: Destructoid Editor Singing Like a Bird... For 24 Hours

I don't think he realizes what he's getting himself into.  Karaoke is my number one hobby, and I can tell you that if you sing for two hours straight with no breaks, your voice is DONE.  No way he makes it through 24, unless he just kind of talks his way through the songs, which would be something of a cop-out in my estimation.

Of course, it's all for a good cause, and he's doing more for the community than I am, so I don't want to come off as overly negative or anything. =)

"There is no sin except stupidity." - Oscar Wilde

"De minimus non curat lex"

Re: Destructoid Editor Singing Like a Bird... For 24 Hours

Wait a minute...Isn't this the same guy who dressed like a robot at E3, expected Lowenstein to take him seriously, then got pissed when he didn't?

Re: Destructoid Editor Singing Like a Bird... For 24 Hours

I hope he likes Rick Astley.

Re: Destructoid Editor Singing Like a Bird... For 24 Hours

I thought he was trying to encourage people to donate, not drive them away.

Re: Destructoid Editor Singing Like a Bird... For 24 Hours

I don't know, I kinda feel like he might have more luck if he threatened to sing if he DIDN'T raise the money.

Re: Destructoid Editor Singing Like a Bird... For 24 Hours

Haha, I love the D-toid guys.  This is really for a great cause, and it will result in funny antics that we can watch live on the web, and I am sure on YouTube for many years later, haha.

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls