SCEE Issues New Ship Date for Little Big Planet

October 20, 2008 -

In the wake of Friday's surprising news that the release of Little Big Planet would be delayed following the discovery of two verses from the Qur'an in one of the game's soundtrack songs, SCEE has issued a press release regarding the updated launch schedule for its terroritories:

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe is pleased to confirm that LittleBigPlanet will start to appear in stores no later than the week commencing Monday 3rd November in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Australia and New Zealand, on a country by country basis. We appreciate all the enthusiasm surrounding this much anticipated title and we would like to thank PlayStation fans for their support and understanding.

Comments

Re: SCEE Issues New Ship Date for Little Big Planet

The underside of a deck is the deck head.

<a href="http://www.seaschool.com.au">boat handling</a>

Re: SCEE Issues New Ship Date for Little Big Planet

So did they remove the song or the lyrics? That kind of stuff is just jack-assery!!! I hate that. I am an athiest but why censor a religion? I am assuming the song fit the mood of the level or whatever. A people's religious text will influence their language and music. I find it really shameful if they got rid of it.

Did they get rid of it?

Re: SCEE Issues New Ship Date for Little Big Planet

I guess its understandable why Sony did this.  But you know this probably wouldn't have happened if there were Gregorian Chants or Hebrew Chants in the game.

I don't know whether Sony is at fault though, I hate to say, but when you bring up the Quran a lot of Muslims tend to get riled in a way Christians and/or Jews just don't over the Bible or the Talmud.

Re: SCEE Issues New Ship Date for Little Big Planet

Muslims do indeed consider their holy book with particular reverence.  There's nothing wrong with that, and it's quite correct of Sony to respect this belief even if they don't hold it themselves.

The geopolitical testing is really very conservative for this sort of game.

It would have happened if there was anything that could possibly be construed as negative about any ethnic group, any nationality, or any national flag, or if there was anything that could be taken as innuendo.

They certainly wouldn't have permitted, say, the destruction of a statue of Buddha or probably even using a church as a location (geopolitical are a lot less important in a game like Resistance: Fall of man).

Re: SCEE Issues New Ship Date for Little Big Planet

Um, yay?

$70q (0emq1_41/v1/v6

$70q (0emq1_41/v1/v6

Re: SCEE Issues New Ship Date for Little Big Planet

*beeeeeeeeeeeee doooooooooooo*

*beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*

WHAT THE FU...?

*BOOOOOOOOOM*

OHHHHHH!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Another WTF Bomb went off.

EDIT: YES!!! It worked this time!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AM DOOMED TO HAUNT JACK THOMPSON'S DREAMS UNTIL HIS CRUSADE AGAINST VIDEO GAMES ENDS.

Poll