GP Exclusive: Souvenir from California Video Game Law Appeal

October 30, 2008 -

An inside source who attended yesterday's hearing before the 9th U.S. Circuit Court was kind enough to send along a souvenir, which we in turn are passing along to GamePolitics readers in digital format.

We're told that one of these was placed on every seat in the courtroom.

Get yours here...

Comments

Re: GP Exclusive: Souvenir from California Video Game Law Appeal

Blocked as "Internet Radio" (using a school laptop)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AM DOOMED TO HAUNT JACK THOMPSON'S DREAMS UNTIL HIS CRUSADE AGAINST VIDEO GAMES ENDS.

Re: GP Exclusive: Souvenir from California Video Game Law Appeal

That's pretty awesome but I REALLY want a Clarence Thomas rookie card.

Re: GP Exclusive: Souvenir from California Video Game Law Appeal

I'll take a number 1 with pasta salad.

Interesting that they put stuff like this out in court, sort of like a playbill at a theatre that tells you the other stuff the actors have been in

Re: GP Exclusive: Souvenir from California Video Game Law Appeal

Wait?  What am I looking at now??  Is it supposed to only be their bios?

*confused*

Sortableturnip's Law: As an online discussion of video game violence grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Jack Thompson approaches 1

Re: GP Exclusive: Souvenir from California Video Game Law Appeal

Your tax dollers hard at work!

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: GP Exclusive: Souvenir from California Video Game Law Appeal

Link works for me.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA
MySpace Page: http://www.myspace.com/okceca
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1325674091

Re: GP Exclusive: Souvenir from California Video Game Law Appeal

A page not found? Awesome! Always wanted one of those :D

Re: GP Exclusive: Souvenir from California Video Game Law Appeal

Sarcasm can go down the toilet as I found the page.  :P

The only problem is that the page found seems like mostly legal mumble jumbo.

Re: GP Exclusive: Souvenir from California Video Game Law Appeal

Link still not working for me :p Sarcasm stands! Heh.

Re: GP Exclusive: Souvenir from California Video Game Law Appeal

I am getting 'page not found' when I click the link.

PHX Corphttp://www.polygon.com/2015/7/27/9050375/street-fighter-5-beta-offline-delayed Street Fighter 5 beta taken offline, now postponed indefinitely07/27/2015 - 9:51pm
Goth_Skunk@eZeek: Noooooooooo.... ;)07/27/2015 - 8:44pm
MechaTama31Re: Google+, wow. I never in a million years thought they would backpedal on that. I just resigned myself to not using commenting functions on any of their services.07/27/2015 - 6:21pm
E. Zachary KnightGoth, are you saying all women are fat. ;)07/27/2015 - 5:38pm
benohawkMake it more adorable and more gender neutral! Widescreen Dog and 16:9 their 16 kitten sidekicks07/27/2015 - 5:15pm
Goth_SkunkOr, if you prefer, Widescreen Woman.07/27/2015 - 4:12pm
Goth_SkunkWho will save us from this abominable practice?! Introducing WIDESCREEN MAN and his sidekick 16:9!07/27/2015 - 4:10pm
Andrew EisenInteresting coincidence. I tweeted about the evils of vertically oriented video just last night. https://twitter.com/AndrewEisen/status/62549836960397312007/27/2015 - 4:01pm
PHX Corphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ_I9-CkzDE The Great Atari Ransack (The Jimquisition) Warning Vertical video syndrome in one scene07/27/2015 - 3:40pm
MattsworknameBout time google07/27/2015 - 3:33pm
james_fudgeugh. TG man :)07/27/2015 - 1:15pm
MechaCrashGoogle drops Google+ requirements for YouTube and other services: http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/27/google-is-dropping-its-google-requirement-across-all-products-starting-with-youtube/07/27/2015 - 12:55pm
benohawkThat still isn't Steam pay royalties. At best it is Bethesda not being willing to relicense the music,07/27/2015 - 12:51pm
Infophile(cont'd) different service. This often happened with TV shows, where music was only licensed for broadcast, but not for DVD release. So for many older shows, they either have to relicense it or use different/no music for the DVD release.07/27/2015 - 12:36pm
Infophile@benohawk: It most likely comes down to the original licensing agreement for the music in it. Often those agreements only license it for the medium it first releases in, so it has to be re-licensed if it's rereleased in a different form or through a ...07/27/2015 - 12:35pm
benohawkWhy would steam be paying royalties on anything in quake?07/27/2015 - 12:01pm
black mantaI recommend using the KMQuake II patch which supports .ogg music files, then downloading the music from someplace, then dropping it in to a music folder into the \baseq2 directory.07/27/2015 - 10:32am
black mantaI got Quake 2 during the Steam Quakecon sale. Funny thing is, there's no music for it! Guess Steam didn't want to pay the royalty fees or something.07/27/2015 - 10:30am
black mantaLike EZK, I also have a backlog of games. Right now I'm playing Crysis 3 for the first time, and replaying Quake 2.07/27/2015 - 10:29am
E. Zachary KnightZippy, No. It is because I have a backlog of games a mile long and have not bought to many new games, which includes Mass Effect.07/27/2015 - 9:28am