38 Studios Head Curt Schilling Stumps with John McCain

November 3, 2008 -

Although he is trailing in the polls, Republican presidential candidate John McCain got a boost from 38 Studios boss Curt Schilling at a campaign appearance in New Hampshire last night.

Schilling, of course, is better known as the pitching ace of the Boston Red Sox. and that's the persona he displayed on McCain's behalf at the rally. As the Boston Herald reports, Schilling told the crowd:

The size of the payroll has nothing to do with the heart and talent of the team. They’d have you believe that we’re down 3-0, but let me tell you I have a little bit of experience with that and it doesn’t mean anything.

As GamePolitics reported last month, Schilling has been a financial supporter of McCain as well.

Also on hand at the event to lend their support to McCain were Joe Lieberman and Sam Brownback, a pair of Senate colleagues with a history of attempting to legislate video games.

Comments

Re: 38 Studios Head Curt Schilling Stumps with John McCain

This headline is hard to scan.  I thought it was about a large number of studios leading some terse "schilling" tree remains.

Re: 38 Studios Head Curt Schilling Stumps with John McCain

Joe Lieberman and Sam Brownback

Sorry, don't believe they are real people, they should be called "Joe and Sam the Senators".

A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body. Benjamin Franklin

Re: 38 Studios Head Curt Schilling Stumps with John McCain

Being a Yankee fan, this endorsement means less than nothing.

Re: 38 Studios Head Curt Schilling Stumps with John McCain

LOL, yes, a baseball reference that PROVES he can win the election! HAHAHA.

There's a big difference between being in reach of a goal, and having missed it altogether.

Poll

Will limiting Steam services to accounts that have spent at least $5 eliminate spammers?:

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm