Sarcastic Gamer Raises $115K for Charity

November 10, 2008 -

Last month GamePolitics covered Sarcastic Gamer's Extra Life marathon, a charity event held for the benefit of Texas Children's Hospital.

Despite tough economic times, Sarcastic Gamer now reports that gamers came through in a huge way, with $115,000 raised. A joint press release issued by the hospital and the website gives more details:

Thanks to your support, over $115,000 was raised to fight pediatric cancer.  The funds raised will help provide critical dollars for research in childhood cancer as well as provide support to the families and patients being treated at Texas Children’s Cancer Center.  And hopefully everyone had fun at the same time!

Comments

Re: Sarcastic Gamer Raises $115K for Charity

And ol' what's-his-face wouldn't even shell out a tenth of that. Good thing those "extortionists" came through. film izle

Re: Sarcastic Gamer Raises $115K for Charity

-"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." -Sir Winston Churchill

Re: Sarcastic Gamer Raises $115K for Charity

Gaming related fund raisers have been raising good bank for charities.

The PS3 is helping find the cure for cancer.

During rough economic times, the video game industry has kept money flowing into the economy.

I wonder why people still hate the industry and the players.......

"

Re: Sarcastic Gamer Raises $115K for Charity

Is it wrong that I read nothing but sarcasm in that statement? Seriously though, good job. I'd love to see how much of that is going to research and how much is going towards treatment though. I think more research needs to be done, and it can get very expensive to try novel approaches.

Re: Sarcastic Gamer Raises $115K for Charity

how long till someone compares us to the tobacco industry?

Re: Sarcastic Gamer Raises $115K for Charity

Well, for that analogy to hold water, video games would have to cause cancer in the first place

...

about 5 minutes into the Fox news Fair and Balanced coverage of this story.

Re: Sarcastic Gamer Raises $115K for Charity

Video games are like cigarettes: they both go nicely with coffee.

---
The Mammon Industry

---
Fangamer

Re: Sarcastic Gamer Raises $115K for Charity

Aw, that's nice. I hope those kids live a long life.

=========================================================================== Jack Thompson is vanquished!!!

Mattsworknamehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Vx4_prmvo09/01/2015 - 3:18am
MattsworknameTotal bisquit talkes about why teh Deus X pre order systems is garbage.09/01/2015 - 3:18am
PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm
PHX Corpand now it's ready to go for everyone08/31/2015 - 9:35pm
Andrew EisenThat's why I embed the chat box from my Twitch Page. Can't get chat on the YouTube page to work either.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Andrew EisenI do but I haven't seen a way to incorporate viewers to chat without specifically inviting them to the event.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Goth_SkunkThough I'm surprised you'd not be familiar with this, Andrew. Do you not use Google Hangouts when you do S.P.A.C.?08/31/2015 - 8:45pm