Obama Team Kicked Back with Rock Band

November 11, 2008 -

With some gamers expressing concern about President-elect Barack Obama's position on video games, it's somehow reassuring to learn that campaign staffers partook of group Rock Band sessions during their down time.

That word comes by way of a look back on Obama's winning strategy by the New Yorker:

Like many campaign teams, Obama’s was young. The communications department –made up mostly of guys in their twenties and thirties — had a fraternity-house quality. On weekends, they would often drink beer together and play the video game “Rock Band” at a group house in Chicago’s Lincoln Park neighborhood.

They had been brought up in Democratic politics in the previous two decades with an understanding that the people who worked for Bill and Hillary Clinton were the best operatives in Washington, especially when it came to dealing with the media. They had watched “The War Room,” the documentary about the 1992 Clinton campaign, which featured strategists like James Carville and George Stephanopoulos manically responding to every negative story and trying to win every news cycle.

Via: MTV Multiplayer

Comments

Re: Obama Team Kicked Back with Rock Band

film izle

Re: Obama Team Kicked Back with Rock Band

This seems like one of those 'who cares' articles, and the fact that it came from an MTV source makes me care even less.

Re: Obama Team Kicked Back with Rock Band

You'd think a multi million dollar campaign like Obama's could splurge on Rockband 2....

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Obama Team Kicked Back with Rock Band

Lincoln Park..as in the one where the original members of Linkin Park originated from?

Re: Obama Team Kicked Back with Rock Band

So??? I do that with some of my coworkers, however that does not mean my boss approves.

~Weatherlight~

~Weatherlight~

Re: Obama Team Kicked Back with Rock Band

I wonder how Obama expects to instill a sense of excellence in his campaign team unless they turn off the television set and put the video games away...

Andrew Eisen

Re: Obama Team Kicked Back with Rock Band

Huh? What if they're playing excellent Obama video games and watching excellent Obama television? See, now my post is as nonsensical as yours.

Re: Obama Team Kicked Back with Rock Band

Yeah, I suppose my bit of fun wouldn't make sense if you're unfamiliar with the specific comment I'm referencing.

Here's the original story.  Obama's said something similar a few times since.

Andrew Eisen

Re: Obama Team Kicked Back with Rock Band

He was taking a jab at Obama's comments of making kids turn off the tv and video games and have a sense of excellence instilled upon them.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA
MySpace Page: http://www.myspace.com/okceca
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1325674091

Mattsworknamehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Vx4_prmvo09/01/2015 - 3:18am
MattsworknameTotal bisquit talkes about why teh Deus X pre order systems is garbage.09/01/2015 - 3:18am
PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm
PHX Corpand now it's ready to go for everyone08/31/2015 - 9:35pm
Andrew EisenThat's why I embed the chat box from my Twitch Page. Can't get chat on the YouTube page to work either.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Andrew EisenI do but I haven't seen a way to incorporate viewers to chat without specifically inviting them to the event.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Goth_SkunkThough I'm surprised you'd not be familiar with this, Andrew. Do you not use Google Hangouts when you do S.P.A.C.?08/31/2015 - 8:45pm