Video Game Voice Actor Wounded in Mumbai Terror Attack

November 27, 2008 -

The CBC reports that a Canadian voice actor with video game experience was among those wounded in yesterday's terror rampage in Mumbai, India.

Michael Rudder was one of two wounded Canadians who were part of a delegation on a trip to India...

Rudder, who has worked in film, theatre and television, is a voice performer who has played roles in cartoons, commercials and video games, including top sellers Assassin's Creed and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3. He has also performed in the animated PBS series Postcards From Buster.

Rudder's other game work includes:

• Far Cry: Instincts
  • Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

GP: Thanks to GamePolitics reader Sean Bustin for the tip!

Comments

Re: Video Game Voice Actor Wounded in Mumbai Terror Attack

Not just him. I hope the other people caught up in this clusterfuck make it out relatively safe. I wonder how long it'll take before somebody gets the idea of making a game of the Mumbai attack...*knocks on wood*

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Re: Video Game Voice Actor Wounded in Mumbai Terror Attack

Who DID he voice in Jagged Allaince 2?

Re: Video Game Voice Actor Wounded in Mumbai Terror Attack

The Dark Prince wounded! =( Hope he'll be fine.

Re: Video Game Voice Actor Wounded in Mumbai Terror Attack

All ubisoft games..

COINCIDENCE?! I THINK NOT

No coincidence at all...

They're all Ubisoft MONTREAL games.. I imagine they use and reuse a lot of Canadian talent.

Re: No coincidence at all...

It is probobley why a lot of voice actors for the games overlap with Jagged Alliance 2 as well.

Re: Video Game Voice Actor Wounded in Mumbai Terror Attack

I assume it's just that they always go with the same company when hiring voice talent for their games.

300 Episodes and counting: http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/

400 Episodes, TEN YEARS and counting: http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/ | Voice of Geeks Network - http://www.vognetwork.com

Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm
ZippyDSMleeprh99: QTEs are dumb I ever understood the need for them outside being cheap and wanting to pad mechanics with scripted events that use only a few buttons.01/24/2015 - 12:58pm
InfophileAnd a more detailed breakdown of expenses here: http://imgur.com/L46SUMw01/24/2015 - 12:42pm
InfophileFor anyone still complaining about where the funding for Tropes vs. Women went: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4z6qa561roidh5/femfreq_annualreport2014.pdf?dl=0 (page 16) Not that this will actually stop claims of fraud, but it's good to have a counter.01/24/2015 - 12:38pm