Penny Arcade's Child's Play Charity Auction Brings in $200K

December 12, 2008 -

This week's Child's Play Charity Auction Dinner raised more than $200,000 for worthy causes, reports Gabe of Penny Arcade.

Among the items auctioned off was the rather impressive statue at left depicting an Orc from World of Warcraft on his mount.

Simply awesome - both the event and the statue...

Comments

Re: Penny Arcade's Child's Play Charity Auction Brings in $200K

Awesome, just plain awesome.

Especially the dickerdoodle pics (NSFW). :)

Re: Penny Arcade's Child's Play Charity Auction Brings in $200K

Wow. If that is life size that was cheap! I would have paid much more and I dont even like WoW.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- "The most difficult pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much and power over little" - Herodotus

Re: Penny Arcade's Child's Play Charity Auction Brings in $200K

It actually looks quite small, about 3-4 times the size of a Games Workshop Orc Boar-Rider, which it looks very much like (being an Orc on a Warg(?), this is hardly surprising).

Re: Penny Arcade's Child's Play Charity Auction Brings in $200K

They've raised nearly an entire million all together.  It's pretty impressive, all economic things considered.

Re: Penny Arcade's Child's Play Charity Auction Brings in $200K

what was the winning bid on the statue i wonder? :P

------------------------------------

------------------------------------ I am a signature virus, please copy and paste me into your signature to help me propagate.

Gabe got it for $4500

Re: Penny Arcade's Child's Play Charity Auction Brings in $200K

ouch O.o   thats a hefty sum.

------------------------------------

Re: Penny Arcade's Child's Play Charity Auction Brings in $200K

lol yes, i saw that comic the other day but the actual dollar amount was nagging at me.

------------------------------------

Re: Penny Arcade's Child's Play Charity Auction Brings in $200K

Slightly more than eleven dollars.

Re: Penny Arcade's Child's Play Charity Auction Brings in $200K

One thing you forgot to mention Dennis was that the statue did have a pretty heavy bidding war...

With Gabe winning it in the end.

Re: Penny Arcade's Child's Play Charity Auction Brings in $200K

The guys over at penny arcade have done so much good they could go around randomly beating up homeless people and would still be viewed as great guys to the general public.

"

Re: Penny Arcade's Child's Play Charity Auction Brings in $200K

Wait.  Are you implying that beating up random homeless people is a bad thing?

Should I not be doing that?

Re: Penny Arcade's Child's Play Charity Auction Brings in $200K

These murder simulators are teaching our kids to go around beating up homeless people!

Re: Penny Arcade's Child's Play Charity Auction Brings in $200K

I thought that was Bumfight...?

Wonderkarpyou're weird01/25/2015 - 11:23pm
WonderkarpMy Ipad likes to capitalize every word when I'm on game politics.01/25/2015 - 6:29pm
ConsterI Was Talking About You Capitalizing The Starting Letter Of Each Word.01/25/2015 - 5:56pm
WonderkarpI didnt know we were talking about Capitalism. What do mass shootings have to do with trade and industry that is controlled by private owners for profit?01/25/2015 - 3:28pm
ConsterYou do realize that what you're doing right now isn't what capitalism means, right?01/25/2015 - 2:39pm
WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm
ZippyDSMleeprh99: QTEs are dumb I ever understood the need for them outside being cheap and wanting to pad mechanics with scripted events that use only a few buttons.01/24/2015 - 12:58pm
InfophileAnd a more detailed breakdown of expenses here: http://imgur.com/L46SUMw01/24/2015 - 12:42pm
InfophileFor anyone still complaining about where the funding for Tropes vs. Women went: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4z6qa561roidh5/femfreq_annualreport2014.pdf?dl=0 (page 16) Not that this will actually stop claims of fraud, but it's good to have a counter.01/24/2015 - 12:38pm