Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

December 25, 2008 -

Video games with Christmas themes are in short supply, writes Kombo.com.

In fact the site can only come up with one, Christmas Nights Into Dreams for the Sega Saturn (see video).

The Kombo article discounts games in the Nightmare Before Christmas series as "not produced with gamers in mind."

Via: What They Play

Posted in

Comments

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

There's the 'Christmas Carol' episode of American McGee's Grimm

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

Didn't Planescape Torment have signicent graphical differnces if played on chirstmas?

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

But at least there are April Fools games. I like the one by Blizzard for their console game.

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

Donkey Kong Country 3 had a code for Christmas themed... stuff, I don't remember.  Something changed into Christmas shapes.  But I do remember a jazzy Christmas-y music remix during the bonus stages.

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

I remember the original Nights into Dreams had a Christmas mode if your Saturn's date was set to December 25. Seems silly that they released a Christmas focused edition of that game. I wonder if setting the Saturn date to Dec 25 in Christmas Nights made it extra-christmasy.

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

Aw c'mon you guys remember Jazz Jackrabbit, right?  Epic published TWO holiday installations for that game.

... and as I recall Ian Bogost wrote about this late year:

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

/b

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

I think the fewer Xmas games the better.

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

There are lots of Flash based Christmas games, but there are not many mainstream Christmas games out there AFAIK.

Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm