Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

December 25, 2008 -

Video games with Christmas themes are in short supply, writes Kombo.com.

In fact the site can only come up with one, Christmas Nights Into Dreams for the Sega Saturn (see video).

The Kombo article discounts games in the Nightmare Before Christmas series as "not produced with gamers in mind."

Via: What They Play

Posted in

Comments

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

There's the 'Christmas Carol' episode of American McGee's Grimm

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

Didn't Planescape Torment have signicent graphical differnces if played on chirstmas?

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

But at least there are April Fools games. I like the one by Blizzard for their console game.

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

Donkey Kong Country 3 had a code for Christmas themed... stuff, I don't remember.  Something changed into Christmas shapes.  But I do remember a jazzy Christmas-y music remix during the bonus stages.

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

I remember the original Nights into Dreams had a Christmas mode if your Saturn's date was set to December 25. Seems silly that they released a Christmas focused edition of that game. I wonder if setting the Saturn date to Dec 25 in Christmas Nights made it extra-christmasy.

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

Aw c'mon you guys remember Jazz Jackrabbit, right?  Epic published TWO holiday installations for that game.

... and as I recall Ian Bogost wrote about this late year:

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

/b

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

I think the fewer Xmas games the better.

Re: Christmas-themed Games in Short Supply

There are lots of Flash based Christmas games, but there are not many mainstream Christmas games out there AFAIK.

Poll

Will Code Avarice's Paranautical Activity make its way back onto Steam?:

Matthew Wilsonubisoft is made to look worse now. wiiu smash is 1080p 60fps lol10/23/2014 - 5:02pm
MonteYou would think that, if GG were really about journalistic ethics, their streams would be more conerned with Shadows of mordor(a REAL controversy involing a major publisher) than with the FALSE jounralistic controversy around Quinn10/23/2014 - 4:49pm
Andrew EisenHope so.10/23/2014 - 4:45pm
Matthew Wilson@ae they may not be able to fix the capture card issue, but hopefuly they can fix the frame rate issue10/23/2014 - 4:31pm
james_fudgeso IDK10/23/2014 - 4:27pm
james_fudgeGuys I sat through a GG stream for two hours. All they talked about was ZQ. We said we were on GJP in the chat and they didn't care.10/23/2014 - 4:27pm
Andrew EisenHopefully I can find some more time.10/23/2014 - 4:26pm
Andrew EisenI'm pretty much out of time to troubleshoot this too. I won't be home until very late and the stream's Saturday.10/23/2014 - 4:19pm
Andrew EisenI guess not, although I did ask and they confirmed that they're not yet supporting my capture hardware.10/23/2014 - 4:18pm
Matthew Wilsonit wouldnt hurt to ask though10/23/2014 - 4:17pm
Andrew EisenThe problem doesn't seem to be OBS specifically, I can't get anything to work.10/23/2014 - 4:16pm
Matthew Wilsonobs has a support irc if you want help10/23/2014 - 4:15pm
Andrew EisenWhat gets me is this worked fine last year. Same PC, same capture hardware, same broadcaster.10/23/2014 - 3:58pm
Andrew EisenWish I knew where the problem was so I could fix it.10/23/2014 - 3:55pm
Andrew EisenMaybe the fact that TWC throttles my upload speed to 1 Mbps is why I've been having so much difficulty live streaming. Then again, the podcast works fine.10/23/2014 - 3:52pm
PHX Corp@Neo_DrKefka @quiknkold agreed, I think everyone needs to just STFU and play Video Games. If the behavior(between #GG and #SGG2014) continues, it's going to eventually affect the Videogame industry negatively(Lost Sales, etc.)10/23/2014 - 3:50pm
Neo_DrKefkaIn a #GamerGate Stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd-BahVyFYQ they are too busy talking about Brianna's Wu appearance rather than her actions. Oh god our movement has become less and less about solutions and how can we can resolve these problems.10/23/2014 - 3:28pm
quiknkoldThese people are Arms Dealers selling weapons to both sides of this war, and I feel the only way anything will change is if everybody just stops. CTFO and play games.10/23/2014 - 3:28pm
quiknkoldI'm not specifically Targeting the Gamergate people on this. But There is one or two sick Freaks out there who get their jollys on this, and they are fueled by the war they are making worse.10/23/2014 - 3:27pm
prh99How much longer can the charade continue, the extremists have driven out the majority of people that thought it was about ethics. All that's left are the hooligans.10/23/2014 - 3:25pm