Guy Got a Wii Instead of the Gift He Wanted, Fights with Girlfriend

December 28, 2008 -

They say that Christmas is all about the giving.

But a man in Portsmouth, New Hampshire apparently missed the memo.

The Associated Press reports that Heath Blom, 26, and his girlfriend Randi Young, 24, were arrested after an argument over Christmas gifts turned into a brawl.

From the AP:

According to Portsmouth police, Blom was disappointed when he did not receive the $1,000 airplane he had asked for from his grandparents, and was underwhelmed by the gift he received from Young: a Nintendo Wii video game console...

An argument ensued, and Young allegedly hid the gift and began packing her bags. Insults flew, and a fist fight between the two allegedly ended in a two-story tumble down the stairs.

“He dragged me down two flights of stairs, by the hair,” Young claimed on Friday... "This was the worst Christmas ever."

The Boston Herald has more.

Comments

Re: Guy Got a Wii Instead of the Gift He Wanted, Fights with

The girl is a ginger...

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Re: Guy Got a Wii Instead of the Gift He Wanted, Fights with

Nah.  She looks like a Daywalker to me - no freckles.

Re: Guy Got a Wii Instead of the Gift He Wanted, Fights with

Christmas time should be about uniting with your loved ones and sharing gifts, not about fighting and ending up at the police station. This is certainly one of those cases where gift baskets would have been better received and the conflict between those two wouldn't have escalated.

Re: Guy Got a Wii Instead of the Gift He Wanted, Fights with

From the Boston Herald

Not much of a better picture of her...  I still think she may be a ginger, but maybe she is a day walker...  So that means she has half of a soul?

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Re: Guy Got a Wii Instead of the Gift He Wanted, Fights with

See full size image

Sortableturnip's Law: As an online discussion of video game violence grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Jack Thompson approaches 1

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm