Payback: After Giving Golf Course Beating, Filipino Mayor Suffers Virtual Ass-Kicking

December 31, 2008 -

The mayor of Masiu City in the Philippines suddenly finds himself targeted by an online game, although apparently not without some justification.

It all began on the day after Christmas. Filipino blogger Bambee dela Paz writes that she was golfing with her 56-year-old father and 14-year-old brother when the foursome of Masiu Mayor Nasser Pangandaman, Jr. jumped ahead of them. Words were exchanged, and Bambee's dad and brother eventually suffered a beatdown at the hands of Pangandaman and his party.

Fast forward to yesterday when Kick Nasser appeared on the Web. The simple Flash game has only one object: to kick the Mayor and send him flying over golf course-like terrain.

Of course, there are two sides to every story.

Comments

Re: Payback: After Giving Golf Course Beating, Filipino ...

153,145

Yes I have a WIP. Just wait and see.

Yes I have a WIP. Just wait and see.

Re: Payback: After Giving Golf Course Beating, Filipino Mayor

Kill the embeding, the autoloading generates ads that I would rather not listen too.

Re: Payback: After Giving Golf Course Beating, Filipino Mayor

Never mind, it's the amount he sticks out his butt.

170,979m

Brain: "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" Pinky: "I think so, Brain, but we're already naked."

Re: Payback: After Giving Golf Course Beating, Filipino Mayor

Why am I still playing this?

171K+ so far.

162,137 now. XD

Re: Payback: After Giving Golf Course Beating, Filipino Mayor

lol, If you read the comments of the blog of the "other side of the story" linked in this article... it's halarious. I can't understand half of it but they're seems to be a blog war going on, not sure who's on who's side.

121 652k  that was on my first try, never able to get close to that after

EDIT:  WOot  just got 161 692, just realize the guy doesn't bend over all the way everytime

Re: Payback: After Giving Golf Course Beating, Filipino Mayor

Well my high seems to be 155,517.

And I have to agree with Master_E, it really is addicting.

161,691 here.

It's kind of addictive. :)

142,113 here.

As for the story behind it. For some reason I'm not surprised.

Hunting the shadows of the troubled dreams.

Hunting the shadows of the troubled dreams.

155,571

Yes, I am a liberal. I also believe in a strong military, less government, and the right to bear arms.

147,245

Re: Payback: After Giving Golf Course Beating, Filipino Mayor

They assaulted a 14 year old? Thats just a little pathetic.

Re: Payback: After Giving Golf Course Beating, Filipino Mayor

Somehow, the de la Paz version of the story sounds a bit fishy.  I'm siding with the mayor on this one.

Re: Payback: After Giving Golf Course Beating, Filipino Mayor

Considering how "fishy" Filipino politicians are though, something like that probably isn't something that should be all that hard to believe.

LOL 154,920

first try lol

woot, got a lil over 129k :D

edit: 129,896

------------------------------------

------------------------------------ I am a signature virus, please copy and paste me into your signature to help me propagate.

Poll

Is King right? Should all games adopt the free-to-play model?:

Matthew Wilsonit is a game worth playing if you have a pc/360/ps304/20/2014 - 9:34pm
MaskedPixelantehttps://twitter.com/IGLevine/status/457552538343325696 The Lutece Twins show up in some of the most unlikely of places.04/20/2014 - 2:44pm
Andrew EisenAs it happens, Chinatown Wars is the only GTA game I've played.04/19/2014 - 10:43am
Papa MidnightWith GTA5 (to date) failing to even provide indication of a PC release, I'm realising that this might be the first GTA game that I have not played (outside of Chinatown Wars) since the series inception.04/19/2014 - 8:14am
IanCSo im guessing a bunch of edutainment games, which a lot of people elsewhere are going gaga over, dot count as classics? Okay. If you don't mind me, i have a sudden urge to play Putt Putt....04/19/2014 - 6:15am
MaskedPixelantehttp://www.joystiq.com/2014/04/18/playstation-99-cent-sale-discounts-tokyo-jungle-super-stardust/ Weekend long PSN flash sale. So much stuff is 99 cents for the rest of the weekend.04/18/2014 - 5:59pm
Adam802http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/18/5627928/newtown-video-game-addiction-forum04/18/2014 - 4:14pm
Matthew Wilsonit is a video talking about why certain games/products/consoles do well, and others do not. he back it up with solid research.04/18/2014 - 3:56pm
Andrew EisenI'm not keen on blind links. What is it?04/18/2014 - 3:45pm
Matthew Wilsonthis is worth a whatch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyXcr6sDRtw&list=PL35FE5C4B157509C904/18/2014 - 3:43pm
MaskedPixelanteNumber 3: Night Dive was brought to the attention of the public by a massive game recovery, and yet most of their released catalogue consists of games that other people did the hard work of getting re-released.04/17/2014 - 8:46pm
MaskedPixelanteNumber 2: If Humongous Entertainment wanted their stuff on Steam, why didn't they talk to their parent company, which does have a number of games published on Steam?04/17/2014 - 8:45pm
MaskedPixelanteNumber 1: When Night Dive spent the better part of a year teasing the return of true classics, having their big content dump be edutainment is kind of a kick in the stomach.04/17/2014 - 8:44pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.giantbomb.com/articles/jeff-gerstmann-heads-to-new-york-takes-questions/1100-4900/ He talks about the future games press and the games industry. It is worth your time even though it is a bit long, and stay for the QA. There are some good QA04/17/2014 - 5:28pm
IanCErm so they shouldn't sell edutainment at all? Why?04/17/2014 - 4:42pm
MaskedPixelanteNot that linkable, go onto Steam and there's stuff like Pajama Sam on the front-page, courtesy of Night Dive.04/17/2014 - 4:13pm
Andrew EisenOkay, again, please, please, PLEASE get in a habit of linking to whatever you're talking about.04/17/2014 - 4:05pm
MaskedPixelanteAnother round of Night Dive teasing and promising turns out to be stupid edutainment games. Thanks for wasting all our time, guys. See you never.04/17/2014 - 3:44pm
Matthew WilsonAgain the consequences were not only foreseeable, but very likely. anyone who understood supply demand curvs knew that was going to happen. SF has been a econ/trade hub for the last hundred years.04/17/2014 - 2:45pm
Andrew EisenMixedPixelante - Would you like to expand on that?04/17/2014 - 2:43pm