Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

January 8, 2009 -

Our sister-site GameCulture notes that Malia and Sasha Obama received a Wii for Christmas and the Prez-elect himself spent some time with the bowling portion of Wii Sports.

The original info appeared on a New York Times blog:

Mr. Obama said he’d have his hands full attempting to rescue the American economy. But he has gotten in a little practice in bowling lately on the Nintendo Wii his daughters received for Christmas. Mr. Obama, who famously struggled in bowling during last year’s Democratic primaries, said he performs better in the video game.

Comments

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

"Those are some nice bowling shoes...."
-Obama

-----

I'm an attention whore. So visit my DevaintArt and feed my ego. Feed the whore. http://keaton2008.deviantart.com/

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

A politician playing video games? The president elect participating in a modern trend?

Cool, unfortunately it's going to continue to be used to bash whichever is the opposite party.

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

Once again, this is making me less likely to get a Wii.

Too bad, I really wanted one.

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

Would you be less likely to eat at a fast food chain if Obama is known to go there?

lol tools.

GameSnooper

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

Wii sports is a family tradition at this point. I didn't bring it this Christmas and my aunts and uncles were disappointed (my grandfather asked me in advance to bring it on Thanksgiving, esp since no one wanted to watch the Lions game)

I saw a standup comic on tv the other day talking about his mother becoming an expert at bowling, and finding out that she's developed quite the smack talk. :P

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

I'm waiting for Republicans or Fox News to suddenly become PS3/Xbox fanboys

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

I just want to hear the Bush is an EA/Disney fanboy.

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

Nice.

Here's to the hope someone meets them online, and plays an epic game of w/e with them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

-----------------------------

"A Chrono Trigger is anything that unleashes its will or desire to change history!" -Gaspar

PHX Corp@Jessy I actually saw it on gamespot, seems that Nintendo accidently turned Samus into a Badass11/23/2014 - 9:28pm
Jessy HartAnybody else see the Samus Amiibo with 2 arm canons?11/23/2014 - 9:10pm
Andrew EisenNeo - If you're not bleeding then it's probably not you who needs to go to the doctor.11/23/2014 - 5:45pm
Wonderkarpgood. that kind of behavior is unnecessary.11/23/2014 - 5:44pm
WonderkarpGeorgina Young - Are Video Games Sexist? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX9LV4GuG9E11/23/2014 - 5:43pm
ZippyDSMleehttp://deadspin.com/starcraft-player-says-hell-rape-opponent-is-booted-f-1662346891/+Fahey11/23/2014 - 5:40pm
Wonderkarphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4a9tMGSTG411/23/2014 - 5:32pm
WonderkarpDan Vavra of Warhorse Studios at the Nordic eCommerce Summit 2014 on Game Journalism and why ethics are important11/23/2014 - 5:27pm
WonderkarpGame Dev Ashley Ross on the Block/Blacklist https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2n603f/thoughts_on_the_recent_igdaggautoblocker_incident/11/23/2014 - 5:25pm
Wonderkarpwhich is interesting cause this the first one 100% made by 2k games after the THQ buy11/23/2014 - 4:17pm
Neo_DrKefkaThat would be a major OSHA violation correct?11/23/2014 - 1:54pm