Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

January 8, 2009 -

Our sister-site GameCulture notes that Malia and Sasha Obama received a Wii for Christmas and the Prez-elect himself spent some time with the bowling portion of Wii Sports.

The original info appeared on a New York Times blog:

Mr. Obama said he’d have his hands full attempting to rescue the American economy. But he has gotten in a little practice in bowling lately on the Nintendo Wii his daughters received for Christmas. Mr. Obama, who famously struggled in bowling during last year’s Democratic primaries, said he performs better in the video game.

Comments

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

"Those are some nice bowling shoes...."
-Obama

-----

I'm an attention whore. So visit my DevaintArt and feed my ego. Feed the whore. http://keaton2008.deviantart.com/

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

A politician playing video games? The president elect participating in a modern trend?

Cool, unfortunately it's going to continue to be used to bash whichever is the opposite party.

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

Once again, this is making me less likely to get a Wii.

Too bad, I really wanted one.

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

Would you be less likely to eat at a fast food chain if Obama is known to go there?

lol tools.

GameSnooper

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

Wii sports is a family tradition at this point. I didn't bring it this Christmas and my aunts and uncles were disappointed (my grandfather asked me in advance to bring it on Thanksgiving, esp since no one wanted to watch the Lions game)

I saw a standup comic on tv the other day talking about his mother becoming an expert at bowling, and finding out that she's developed quite the smack talk. :P

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

I'm waiting for Republicans or Fox News to suddenly become PS3/Xbox fanboys

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

I just want to hear the Bush is an EA/Disney fanboy.

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

Nice.

Here's to the hope someone meets them online, and plays an epic game of w/e with them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

-----------------------------

"A Chrono Trigger is anything that unleashes its will or desire to change history!" -Gaspar

PHX Corphttp://www.polygon.com/2015/7/27/9050375/street-fighter-5-beta-offline-delayed Street Fighter 5 beta taken offline, now postponed indefinitely07/27/2015 - 9:51pm
Goth_Skunk@eZeek: Noooooooooo.... ;)07/27/2015 - 8:44pm
MechaTama31Re: Google+, wow. I never in a million years thought they would backpedal on that. I just resigned myself to not using commenting functions on any of their services.07/27/2015 - 6:21pm
E. Zachary KnightGoth, are you saying all women are fat. ;)07/27/2015 - 5:38pm
benohawkMake it more adorable and more gender neutral! Widescreen Dog and 16:9 their 16 kitten sidekicks07/27/2015 - 5:15pm
Goth_SkunkOr, if you prefer, Widescreen Woman.07/27/2015 - 4:12pm
Goth_SkunkWho will save us from this abominable practice?! Introducing WIDESCREEN MAN and his sidekick 16:9!07/27/2015 - 4:10pm
Andrew EisenInteresting coincidence. I tweeted about the evils of vertically oriented video just last night. https://twitter.com/AndrewEisen/status/62549836960397312007/27/2015 - 4:01pm
PHX Corphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ_I9-CkzDE The Great Atari Ransack (The Jimquisition) Warning Vertical video syndrome in one scene07/27/2015 - 3:40pm
MattsworknameBout time google07/27/2015 - 3:33pm
james_fudgeugh. TG man :)07/27/2015 - 1:15pm
MechaCrashGoogle drops Google+ requirements for YouTube and other services: http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/27/google-is-dropping-its-google-requirement-across-all-products-starting-with-youtube/07/27/2015 - 12:55pm
benohawkThat still isn't Steam pay royalties. At best it is Bethesda not being willing to relicense the music,07/27/2015 - 12:51pm
Infophile(cont'd) different service. This often happened with TV shows, where music was only licensed for broadcast, but not for DVD release. So for many older shows, they either have to relicense it or use different/no music for the DVD release.07/27/2015 - 12:36pm
Infophile@benohawk: It most likely comes down to the original licensing agreement for the music in it. Often those agreements only license it for the medium it first releases in, so it has to be re-licensed if it's rereleased in a different form or through a ...07/27/2015 - 12:35pm
benohawkWhy would steam be paying royalties on anything in quake?07/27/2015 - 12:01pm
black mantaI recommend using the KMQuake II patch which supports .ogg music files, then downloading the music from someplace, then dropping it in to a music folder into the \baseq2 directory.07/27/2015 - 10:32am
black mantaI got Quake 2 during the Steam Quakecon sale. Funny thing is, there's no music for it! Guess Steam didn't want to pay the royalty fees or something.07/27/2015 - 10:30am
black mantaLike EZK, I also have a backlog of games. Right now I'm playing Crysis 3 for the first time, and replaying Quake 2.07/27/2015 - 10:29am
E. Zachary KnightZippy, No. It is because I have a backlog of games a mile long and have not bought to many new games, which includes Mass Effect.07/27/2015 - 9:28am