Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

January 8, 2009 -

Our sister-site GameCulture notes that Malia and Sasha Obama received a Wii for Christmas and the Prez-elect himself spent some time with the bowling portion of Wii Sports.

The original info appeared on a New York Times blog:

Mr. Obama said he’d have his hands full attempting to rescue the American economy. But he has gotten in a little practice in bowling lately on the Nintendo Wii his daughters received for Christmas. Mr. Obama, who famously struggled in bowling during last year’s Democratic primaries, said he performs better in the video game.

Comments

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

"Those are some nice bowling shoes...."
-Obama

-----

I'm an attention whore. So visit my DevaintArt and feed my ego. Feed the whore. http://keaton2008.deviantart.com/

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

A politician playing video games? The president elect participating in a modern trend?

Cool, unfortunately it's going to continue to be used to bash whichever is the opposite party.

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

Once again, this is making me less likely to get a Wii.

Too bad, I really wanted one.

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

Would you be less likely to eat at a fast food chain if Obama is known to go there?

lol tools.

GameSnooper

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

Wii sports is a family tradition at this point. I didn't bring it this Christmas and my aunts and uncles were disappointed (my grandfather asked me in advance to bring it on Thanksgiving, esp since no one wanted to watch the Lions game)

I saw a standup comic on tv the other day talking about his mother becoming an expert at bowling, and finding out that she's developed quite the smack talk. :P

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

I'm waiting for Republicans or Fox News to suddenly become PS3/Xbox fanboys

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

I just want to hear the Bush is an EA/Disney fanboy.

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Re: Obama, Daughters Play Wii for Christmas

Nice.

Here's to the hope someone meets them online, and plays an epic game of w/e with them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Game on, brothers and sisters." -Leet Gamer Jargon

-----------------------------

"A Chrono Trigger is anything that unleashes its will or desire to change history!" -Gaspar

Poll

Did you get a new video game for Christmas?:

PHX Corp@MP you can add me on XBL and Nintendo Network if you want, I go under TrustyGem(Same gamertag as on Steam)12/26/2014 - 2:01pm
CMinerI blame North Korea.12/25/2014 - 11:49pm
MechaTama31For the last few weeks, the GP site fails to load about 2/3 of the times I try.12/25/2014 - 11:13pm
MaskedPixelanteOK, is GP having trouble loading for anyone but me?12/25/2014 - 9:21pm
Matthew Wilsonits a bunch of script kiddies. ddosing is one of the easiest thing to do,and most companies can not stop it sadly.12/25/2014 - 5:05pm
MaskedPixelanteI like Nintendo as much as the next person, they're pretty much the only company putting out the games I want to play, but that was pretty embarassing to have NNID go down due to overuse.12/25/2014 - 4:35pm
MaskedPixelanteSee? It's NOT a repeat of last year's fiasco.12/25/2014 - 4:22pm
PHX CorpLizard squad is responsible for The XBL/PSN shutdown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSpZvsoWvig12/25/2014 - 4:17pm
IanCOh shut up bitching about Nintendo. At least they advised people to downloading updates before the big day. Sony/MS? Not a peep.12/25/2014 - 3:50pm
MaskedPixelanteBoth PSN and Xbox Live are down. Since I'm sure Sony and Microsoft have better online support than Nintendo did last year, this isn't from "everyone logging onto their new devices all at once".12/25/2014 - 3:48pm
prh99John Romero's Christmas present, a custom Icon of Sin sculpture. http://www.pcgamer.com/john-romero-gets-the-icon-of-sin-for-christmas/12/25/2014 - 3:37am
Matthew Wilsonthe interview will be on youtube/xb1/ andriod today.12/24/2014 - 1:05pm
james_fudge1900's?12/24/2014 - 12:56pm
james_fudgeYeah we could go way way back :)12/24/2014 - 12:56pm
E. Zachary KnightCopyright law in general has been broken since at least 1976. Could be even earlier than that.12/24/2014 - 12:24pm
james_fudgeWhat he said :) They want to make it worse than it already is.12/24/2014 - 12:14pm
Papa MidnightDMCA has been broken since 1998. Good luck getitng Congress to do something about it.12/24/2014 - 11:39am
Craig R.At least they owned up to the mistake. But doesn't change the fact that DMCA is thoroughly broken.12/23/2014 - 5:23pm
MaskedPixelanteSpeaking of Dark Souls OMG I'M MAKING ACTUAL PROGRESS WTH IS THIS WHAAAAAAA12/23/2014 - 10:49am
MaskedPixelantehttp://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144500932&postcount=740 Yup, DSFix was part of an unrelated take down, and is being resolved.12/23/2014 - 8:04am