Capcom Joins PC Gaming Alliance

February 5, 2009 -

Not best known for their computer games, Resident Evil publisher Capcom is a somewhat surprising addition to the PC Gaming Alliance.

The news comes via a PCGA press release which mentions that The Guildhall at Southern Methodist University (SMU) has come on board as well.

Capcom exec Christian Svensson commented on the decision to join the nonprofit corporation which is dedicated to fostering computer gaming:

Capcom believes strongly in the value and strength of the PC gaming market as a global platform for our entertainment brands. Our participation in the PCGA’s activities over the past year has greatly improved our understanding of the market, provided us great business opportunities and allowed us to participate in improving the field of PC gaming. We’re pleased to have a representative on the board in order to directly help shape the future of the PC gaming environment.

PCGA president Randy Stude added:

Since the PCGA was formed, the organization and its member companies have spread the word that PC gaming is a thriving $54 billion a year industry. With the recent addition of Sony DADC and Howie’s Game Shack to our membership roll, we are already seeing proof that our new structure will provide the right mix of benefits for a greater number of industry players, while also better serving our current members and the overall PC gaming community.

Comments

Re: Capcom Joins PC Gaming Alliance

VALVe is doing what the PCGA is suppose to be doing. And making a hell lot of money too.

Re: Capcom Joins PC Gaming Alliance

Sony DADC is the company that makes SecuROM. How can their joining this "Alliance" possibly be a good thing for gamers?

Re: Capcom Joins PC Gaming Alliance

The more people that they the better chance the PC game survive.

I know this doesn't mean they'll do PC games, but I'd love to see a Castlevania on the PC -- especially they did it right!

Praetorian

"I've been told I'm the resident skeptic, but I wouldn't believe that."

ECA Seattle Chapter

Praetorian

"If you sit by the river long enough, you will see the body of your enemy floating by."

Re: Capcom Joins PC Gaming Alliance

That's Konami

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: Capcom Joins PC Gaming Alliance

Perhaps now they will try and not make bad ports....RE4 PC no mouse support....DOH!!

Gore,Violence,Sexauilty,Fear,Emotion these are but modes of transportation of story and thought, to take them from society you create a society of children and nannys, since adults are not required.

---

Re: Capcom Joins PC Gaming Alliance

Capcom ports were bare bone bad. They replaced the quick time buttons with like arcane 1,2,3,4 buttons in DMC 3 and RE4 and sometimes they woulden't at all like in Lost Planet.

Re: Capcom Joins PC Gaming Alliance

I think the actual NEED to create a PC gaming allience actually is more detrimental to the "PC gaming is dying" saying than it's actually helping to counter against.

Re: Capcom Joins PC Gaming Alliance

Resident Evil 5 (and a good port of it too) please!

Poll