Federal Court Dismisses Former Take-Two Exec's $50 Million Lawsuit

February 10, 2009 -

In October GamePolitics broke the news that a former executive of Take-Two Interactive was suing the Grand Theft Auto publisher for $50 million.

The ex-T2 exec, Robert Alexander, claimed that former CEO Ryan Brant agreed to pay him $240,000 in annual salary with 20% annual raises, a $25,000 monthly expense allowance, 50,000 shares of T2 stock plus options and $.50 per game handled by Alexander's distribution company.

That was, of course, before the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Manhattan District Attorney's Office busted Brant for fraud.

In a strange turn of events, Alexander failed to respond to T2's November 10th motion to dismiss the case. Nor did the Nevada resident exercise his option to respond to the federal court's dismissal order, filed on December 10th.

Given the lack of response from the plaintiff, the case was officially dismissed on January 23rd.

Comments

Re: Federal Court Dismisses Former Take-Two Exec's $50 Million

Well I am not surprised.

"My ex-boss promised me that I would get paid like a king for doing jack-all, and all the benefits I could dream over. Yes, you are to trust my word over it. I am serious, quit laughing."

Well another one bites the dust...his case had no merit and he knew it. Maybe he was the mystery person that Jack said was his client that was a T2 insider way way back? XD

IvresseWell Totalbiscuit's port report video was positively glowing about it...04/21/2015 - 4:05am
MattsworknameHey, slightly off topic, but, anyone got a good sugestion for a flight stick for elite dangerous?04/21/2015 - 12:38am
Matthew Wilson@pm intreasting the gta5 port was already good from what I have read.04/20/2015 - 9:32pm
Papa Midnighthttp://www.pcgamer.com/gta-5-pc-patch-reduces-cpu-usage/04/20/2015 - 9:00pm
PHX Corp@zippy I'm Probaly going to Warn my uncle who is a techie that it may come out at the end of july04/20/2015 - 8:45pm
Matthew Wilson@zippy I want windows 10 badly, but that is because I am stuck on 8.1 yuk. that being said the new dx12 looks very good, and the reported performance gain from it.04/20/2015 - 8:00pm
ZippyDSMleeMy body is readY! http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2015/04/20/amd-microsoft-to-launch-windows-10-at-the-end-of-july04/20/2015 - 7:54pm
PHX CorpI may have posted this before but a leaked email from Sony pictures has the MPAA written all over it http://www.extremetech.com/computing/203654-leaked-sony-emails-show-mpaas-opposition-to-fair-use-confirms-users-are-viewed-as-thieves04/20/2015 - 4:53pm
Mattsworknameyet another reason the DMCA should be dismantled and rewritten04/20/2015 - 4:41pm
Matthew Wilson@zippy that is worse than the ESA thing.04/20/2015 - 4:26pm
ZippyDSMlee0-o good luck with that car companies, http://www.autoblog.com/2015/04/20/automakers-gearheads-car-repairs/04/20/2015 - 4:07pm
Andrew EisenYes, hence my subsequent shout.04/20/2015 - 3:15pm
Matthew Wilsonwhile the article itself isnt that great, but the point is still valid.04/20/2015 - 3:14pm
Andrew EisenProfessionals do need to be mindful of what they say on social media though. That's true.04/20/2015 - 3:11pm
Andrew EisenWell, it was almost a decent article from Techraptor. Some day. Some day...04/20/2015 - 3:09pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://techraptor.net/content/gamings-pr-problem both game devs and pr people alike need to to keep in mind, when your on twiter you are also representing the company you work for.04/20/2015 - 2:39pm
E. Zachary KnightI don't really care either way, but that was just my understanding based on previous reads.04/20/2015 - 2:13pm
E. Zachary KnightBut now I am confused. I thought Johnny Storm was the adopted one, but the dad is black. Does that mean that Sue is adopted or is it just an interracial marriage with existing children?04/20/2015 - 2:12pm
E. Zachary KnightNew Fantastic 4 trailer finally shows powers and just a wee bit of whimsy. Not too much mind you. No need to dilute the dark and brooding. http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/431505-the-new-trailer-for-fantastic-four-is-here04/20/2015 - 2:11pm
E. Zachary KnightOk. Just checked another of my Twitter accounts and there is a setting, opt-in. So it looks like a slow roll out.04/20/2015 - 1:17pm