Federal Court Dismisses Former Take-Two Exec's $50 Million Lawsuit

February 10, 2009 -

In October GamePolitics broke the news that a former executive of Take-Two Interactive was suing the Grand Theft Auto publisher for $50 million.

The ex-T2 exec, Robert Alexander, claimed that former CEO Ryan Brant agreed to pay him $240,000 in annual salary with 20% annual raises, a $25,000 monthly expense allowance, 50,000 shares of T2 stock plus options and $.50 per game handled by Alexander's distribution company.

That was, of course, before the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Manhattan District Attorney's Office busted Brant for fraud.

In a strange turn of events, Alexander failed to respond to T2's November 10th motion to dismiss the case. Nor did the Nevada resident exercise his option to respond to the federal court's dismissal order, filed on December 10th.

Given the lack of response from the plaintiff, the case was officially dismissed on January 23rd.

Comments

Re: Federal Court Dismisses Former Take-Two Exec's $50 Million

Well I am not surprised.

"My ex-boss promised me that I would get paid like a king for doing jack-all, and all the benefits I could dream over. Yes, you are to trust my word over it. I am serious, quit laughing."

Well another one bites the dust...his case had no merit and he knew it. Maybe he was the mystery person that Jack said was his client that was a T2 insider way way back? XD

Poll

How do you feel about microtransactions in $60 video games?:

MattsworknameAndrew: SOrry I didnt get back, i went to bed before I saw your post. The Producer is listed as Arbitor36508/27/2015 - 6:06pm
Andrew EisenNope.08/27/2015 - 4:17pm
ZippyDSMleeDid you guys cover Fatal Frame 5 being nintendo Eshop only?08/27/2015 - 3:55pm
Big Perm120 bucks for a tetanus shot. Thanks Obama08/27/2015 - 3:01pm
Andrew EisenMatthew - Of course they do. I wasn't suggesting otherwise. Hell, Quiet's already been cosplayed quite a bit.08/27/2015 - 1:25pm
Big PermThere's been some pretty good Kill La Kill cosplay08/27/2015 - 12:56pm
Matthew WilsonI saw someone cosplay as the main charector from kill la kill last year at pax, so people do it.....08/27/2015 - 12:55pm
Andrew EisenPerm - Well yeah, Kojima himself said something along the lines of "Cosplay this, I dare you! No, seriously. Please cosplay this!" I was just wondering if there was an in-universe explanation.08/27/2015 - 12:45pm
Andrew EisenCheck out last week's story on The State of Play book for an updated cover and a list of all the authors and their essay titles! http://gamepolitics.com/2015/08/21/state-play-looks-current-state-video-games08/27/2015 - 12:44pm
Big PermI figured it was because titties are awesome08/27/2015 - 12:37pm
Andrew EisenI'm still waiting to see if any reviews spill the beans on the story reasons behind Quiet's goofy getup in Metal Gear Solid 508/27/2015 - 12:33pm
ZippyDSMleeHave you seen what the Deva wrestlers wear? Now lets get all that Japan only DLC for DOA over here, and DOA Volly ball,ect let the whining commence!08/27/2015 - 12:18pm
Matthew Wilsonsuprisingly, there has not been the negative reaction I was expecting.08/27/2015 - 12:13pm
Andrew EisenWe should devote a segment to R. Mika's costume on the podcast. It'll be great!08/27/2015 - 11:40am
Andrew EisenMatt - So... who is the producer of the video you linked?08/27/2015 - 11:15am
ZippyDSMleeAnd its not as bad as rumble roses :P08/27/2015 - 11:14am
ZippyDSMleeE. Zachary Knight: I dunno wrestling is about spectacle nd bad costumes are part and parcel of it..08/27/2015 - 11:13am
Big PermThis costume is amazing. Praise it08/27/2015 - 10:59am
E. Zachary KnightOh wow. This costume is obnoxious. Why? The character and moves are cool but man that costume. Ugh. http://kotaku.com/r-mika-and-her-ridiculous-outfit-join-street-fighter-v-172692528208/27/2015 - 10:56am
Big PermHe leveled up08/27/2015 - 8:24am