European Online Game Companies Forge an Alliance

February 22, 2009 -

A number of European online game publishers have come together to form a new trade group.

GameDaily reports that the Pan-European Online Games Association (PEOGA) will work on professional networking between member companies, improving the public perception of online games, and developing industry regulations.

Richard van Barneveld of Games Entertainment Europe, the first president of the new group (seen meeting at left), commented on its formation:

We are happy about the enthusiastic reaction of our fast growing industry. Our members offer a great new form of entertainment with many positive aspects and we all feel the responsibility to protect our users from the negative ones. With PEOGA we have given our industry a real face.

Current PEOGA members include:

• Frogster Interactive
  • Game Entertainment Europe
  • Gameforge 4D
  • Games Masters
  • Gamigo
  • Gravity Europe

Comments

Re: European Online Game Companies Forge an Alliance

Hey, Frogster! I've been playing Runes of Magic by them since the day the open beta started. Never heard of any of the others though.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Poll

Did Microsoft pay too much ($2.5 billion) for Minecraft developer Mojang?:

james_fudgeWe're looking into whatever is making the site freak out this morning, folks. Sorry09/17/2014 - 10:12am
lomdrSadly, Craig, they found someone else to latch onto, the API in today's article.09/17/2014 - 9:43am
MaskedPixelanteI'm having different issues with the site. I'm not sure what's causing it, but if I have this site open, videos become choppy and unwatchable.09/17/2014 - 8:33am
E. Zachary KnightConster, It is not just you. I believe the techs are looking into the problems.09/17/2014 - 8:18am
ConsterAlso, is it me or has connection to the site been spotty lately?09/17/2014 - 6:19am
ConsterThe sword it drops makes getting to the 'good' parts a lot easier.09/17/2014 - 6:09am
ConsterMaskedPixelante: I recommend going to the undead city, luring out the black knight, then hiding behind a closed door and hitting him through it so you can retreat and heal safely.09/17/2014 - 6:06am
Craig R.Have the GamerGate mouthbreathers left yet?09/16/2014 - 7:56pm
prh99Right up to the Bell Gargoyles.09/16/2014 - 7:05pm
james_fudgeI'm a huge Dark Souls fan :)09/16/2014 - 1:13pm
james_fudgeThe first part of Dark Souls is pretty easy.09/16/2014 - 1:13pm
Neeneko@AE - it is still better then Return of Kings. I wonder if they know each other...09/16/2014 - 1:05pm
Neeneko@IanC - well, considering their entire goal is disseminating information, it kinda makes sense.09/16/2014 - 1:04pm
Andrew EisenThat depends on how much longer before YOU start getting good!09/16/2014 - 12:31pm
MaskedPixelanteSo, I've been stuck in the opening section of Dark Souls for about two years now... how much longer before it starts getting good?09/16/2014 - 12:29pm
Michael ChandraI was wondering the same thing while reading it.09/16/2014 - 11:44am
james_fudgeSadly, no.09/16/2014 - 11:17am
Andrew EisenThat's a satire site, like the Onion, right? Please? Please tell me that's a satire site?09/16/2014 - 11:10am
james_fudgehis readers are.09/16/2014 - 10:36am