European Online Game Companies Forge an Alliance

February 22, 2009 -

A number of European online game publishers have come together to form a new trade group.

GameDaily reports that the Pan-European Online Games Association (PEOGA) will work on professional networking between member companies, improving the public perception of online games, and developing industry regulations.

Richard van Barneveld of Games Entertainment Europe, the first president of the new group (seen meeting at left), commented on its formation:

We are happy about the enthusiastic reaction of our fast growing industry. Our members offer a great new form of entertainment with many positive aspects and we all feel the responsibility to protect our users from the negative ones. With PEOGA we have given our industry a real face.

Current PEOGA members include:

• Frogster Interactive
  • Game Entertainment Europe
  • Gameforge 4D
  • Games Masters
  • Gamigo
  • Gravity Europe

Comments

Re: European Online Game Companies Forge an Alliance

Hey, Frogster! I've been playing Runes of Magic by them since the day the open beta started. Never heard of any of the others though.

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Poll