Report: Obama Plays BrickBreaker on Mobile Phone

February 22, 2009 -

From the Consider the Source Dept:

Gossip mag The Star reports that President Barack Obama indulges in mobile phone gaming apps:

During his first days in office, President Obama laid down the law — Hands off my BlackBerry! But his insistence on keeping it wasn't just because he wanted to stay in touch with family and friends. Turns out the Prez is hooked on playing the mobile game BrickBreaker!

"He plays to unwind," a confidante reveals. "Every night before bed, he gives it a few minutes."

And he's hardly all thumbs.

"His high score is around 15,000!"

Via: GameCulture

Comments

Re: Report: Obama Plays BrickBreaker on Mobile Phone

His score is OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!!

Re: Report: Obama Plays BrickBreaker on Mobile Phone

ITT people compare themselves to the President of the United States on the basis of cell phone games.

"I got to level 14 in Tetris, clearly I should be the presidential nominee in 2012!"

Re: Report: Obama Plays BrickBreaker on Mobile Phone

I'm sure his score's higher than 15,000.  I bet it's probably closer to like 770, maybe 780 billion.

"There is no sin except stupidity." - Oscar Wilde

"De minimus non curat lex"

Re: Report: Obama Plays BrickBreaker on Mobile Phone

Suck on that, iphone fanboys!

------ Ago. Perceptum. Teneo.

Re: Report: Obama Plays BrickBreaker on Mobile Phone

This would make sense, during the President Campaign, President Obama said the last videogame he played was Pong. (I know his daughters both have a DS and the family bought a Wii...) BrickBreaker would be similar to Pong and would probably fit Obama's style. But President Obama plays Basketball/ workouts to really rewind I believe. I'm just a little confused about the need for every news media to report on Obama's life 24/7. I probably know more about Obama than my only family members.

www.katamaridemocracy.com

Re: Report: Obama Plays BrickBreaker on Mobile Phone

I do the same thing with my DS. It's not a bad way to unwind.

Re: Report: Obama Plays BrickBreaker on Mobile Phone

This may just be a gateway game, soon you'll see "beat down by Mr. President" in Halo 3.

Re: Report: Obama Plays BrickBreaker on Mobile Phone

Er...this just in...some people play video games on their phone...

-If an apple a day keeps the doctor away....what happens when a doctor eats an apple?-

-Optimum est pati quod emendare non possis-It is best to endure what you cannot change-

WonderkarpActual Thing, Never Proven :P We All Know That You Dont Need Evidence For Something To Be Real, Huh.01/25/2015 - 9:40am
WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm
ZippyDSMleeprh99: QTEs are dumb I ever understood the need for them outside being cheap and wanting to pad mechanics with scripted events that use only a few buttons.01/24/2015 - 12:58pm
InfophileAnd a more detailed breakdown of expenses here: http://imgur.com/L46SUMw01/24/2015 - 12:42pm
InfophileFor anyone still complaining about where the funding for Tropes vs. Women went: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4z6qa561roidh5/femfreq_annualreport2014.pdf?dl=0 (page 16) Not that this will actually stop claims of fraud, but it's good to have a counter.01/24/2015 - 12:38pm
prh99Linux kernel patch breaks Witcher 2. Apparently it was a wrapped Windows version instead of native port. http://m.slashdot.org/story/21270301/24/2015 - 11:12am
prh99I am not a fan of QTEs. Toggle joystick to break away from an enemy is ok...01/24/2015 - 12:26am
Goth_Skunk@WonderKarp: *fistbump*01/24/2015 - 12:00am
ZippyDSMleeIts like they took the fiction from soemthing else and tried to impose it on the Turok IP 0-o01/23/2015 - 10:14pm
ZippyDSMleeuhg I mean they did not need the dumb story and needed more unreal crazy combat.01/23/2015 - 10:13pm
ZippyDSMleestyle gameplay not generic shooter stuff.01/23/2015 - 10:11pm