Drunk Japanese Minister Lampooned in Mobile Phone Game

February 24, 2009 -

A Japanese finance minister who appeared to be drunk and sleepy during a G7 press conference earlier this month is the subject a new parody game for mobile phones.

As reported by the Telegraph, Shoichi Nakagawa delivered the less-than-stellar performance at left during G7 in Rome:

Now [Nakagawa] has become the latest target of Japan's mischievous game industry. Players are invited to wake a likeness of Mr Nakagawa as he fields questions at a press conference and then let him nap to increase his energy reserves.

Players gain points in "Drowsy Presser by Drugged Minister" if they boost Mr Nakagawa's "support rating" by having him answer journalists' questions. But if the minister is caught sleeping by journalists, he falls off his chair and the game is over.

Comments

Re: Drunk Japanese Minister Lampooned in Mobile Phone Game

While Nakagawa is apparently known to drink, I believe it was the mix of his cold medicine and the wine he had for dinner that caused him to act the way he did. I'm hoping to find a video of the game to see how it actually plays.

"But if the minister is caught sleeping by journalists, he falls off his chair and the game is over."

I had the image of the old board game "Don't Wake Daddy" right there...good times. Good times.

www.katamaridemocracy.com

Re: Drunk Japanese Minister Lampooned in Mobile Phone Game

Dude was robotripping. Hilarious.

Re: Drunk Japanese Minister Lampooned in Mobile Phone Game

Why make drunken politicians resign? They're the most interesting thing about politics.

Re: Drunk Japanese Minister Lampooned in Mobile Phone Game

Maybe he's showing us just how boring the G7 conference is.

When Jack Thompson runs his mouth, does anyone really care what he has to say anymore?

Re: Drunk Japanese Minister Lampooned in Mobile Phone Game

That's beyond hilarious. Why can't our political games be like that? This says nothing about his character explicitly, and pokes fun at a specific event.

Re: Drunk Japanese Minister Lampooned in Mobile Phone Game

Wait...they have a modding community for mobiles games or something?

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm