GU Comics Weighs in on Australian Cosplay Protest

February 27, 2009 -

GU Comics asks a very legitimate question concerning some Australian gamers' plan to march on Parliament in costume to protest the lack of an R18+ rating Down Under.

As GamePolitics reported yesterday, the "Cosplay for a Cause" rally has been scrubbed. A new event in which gamer protesters will wear everyday clothing is being planned.

GP: Thanks to GamePolitics correspondent Andrew Eisen for catching this one...

Comments

Re: GU Comics Weighs in on Australian Cosplay Protest

And thats the reason why we as gamers SHOULDN'T make fools of ourselves.

I know that cosplay is fun and enjoyable, and also a girl dressing up as a guy is fun as well as a guy dressing up as a girl.

But sadly not many people would even understand us, it would be more like the first Gay and Lesdien Mardigra. And NOT in a good way in society's point of view.

Yes we should protest in the front steps of South Australian Parliament house to make our point, but it will be more stronger if we made our point seriously and not just to attract attention.

TBoneTony

Re: GU Comics Weighs in on Australian Cosplay Protest

It was always a retarded idea to go to parliament dressed up like an idiot. Who ever thought it was a good idea needs a good slapping. I mean cosplay is fun for some people yeah, but it doesn't exactly convey a serious, mature message now does it? We need a group of mature adult gamers to lead the protest, who are capable of crushing Michael Atkinsons' ignorant dribble. Not a group of flamboyant WoW nerds with an IQ below 50....

Re: GU Comics Weighs in on Australian Cosplay Protest

Finally someone knocked some sense into them, gamers should of put a rally in protest of the cosplay protest..lol

Poll