French 5-Year-Old Didn't Stab Sister Over DS, After All

March 4, 2009 -

On Monday we reported on the story of a five-year-old French lad who allegedly stabbed his 10-year-old sister over a Nintendo DS.

We've now learned that the initial media reports were false and that it was the children's mother who actually stabbed her daughter. Long-time GamePolitics reader Soldat Louis offers the update:

In fact, the 10-year-old girl was stabbed, but NOT by her 5-years-old brother. She was stabbed by her mother ! And, of course, it wasn't because of a Nintendo DS.

According to what I read, the daughter was examined by a surgeon, who said that it was impossible that such a young boy could hurt someone so deeply. Then, the investigators talked to the children, and the daughter told them that she was stabbed by her mother, who finally confessed that she did it. She was apparently upset by the noise made by her children.

Soldat Louis reports that the best (French language) coverage of the incident comes from AFP.

Comments

Re: French 5-Year-Old Didn't Stab Sister Over DS, After All

Assaulting one child with a deadly weapon and blaming it on the other... Unbelievable. I hope she never has a chance to see either of them again. She doesnt deserve to be a parent in my opinion. Obviously her children don't deserve it either.

Re: French 5-Year-Old Didn't Stab Sister Over DS, After All

I take back anything I said defending that c**t.

Re: French 5-Year-Old Didn't Stab Sister Over DS, After All

I think what really angers me the most is that, I think, the mother made it look like the five year old did it. That is disgusting. I thought there was something off about the stabbing story over a Power Ranger game.

Amy Levandoski

Amy Levandoski

Re: French 5-Year-Old Didn't Stab Sister Over DS, After All

It's simply that blaming games is the new insanity / music / comics books /<whatever> made me do it plea.

Removing youself from the blame and transferring it to a *something* constantly under fire in the media as being a 'corrupting influence' (whether that blame was deserved or not is totally irrelevant) is a pretty good (if evil) tactic if you know you've done something wrong.

Re: French 5-Year-Old Didn't Stab Sister Over DS, After All

Well, it's parenting at its finest.

One hope is that the kids find a new home away from this psychotic mother and aren't damaged goods when they grow up.

First secure an independent income, then practice virtue. -Greek Proverb

First secure an independent income, then practice virtue. -Greek Proverb

Re: French 5-Year-Old Didn't Stab Sister Over DS, After All

Agree'd

*Yeeeeesh, definitely not agreeing with children stabbings, or any kind of stabbings for that matter.

Re: French 5-Year-Old Didn't Stab Sister Over DS, After All

Hey now, my mum was stabbed by HER mum when she was a kid.  Personally, I'm sure my mum was more to blame for the stabbing, as (according to the stories she told) she could be a real terror.

Sometimes kids need a good stabbing.

Re: French 5-Year-Old Didn't Stab Sister Over DS, After All

What a touching story.

---------------------------------

Internet troll > internet paladin

-------------------------------------------------------- Believe in something! Even if it's wrong, believe in it! GET OFF MY PHONE! -Glenn Beck

Re: French 5-Year-Old Didn't Stab Sister Over DS, After All

*Price is Right fail horn*

You lose, impatient mother.

Re: French 5-Year-Old Didn't Stab Sister Over DS, After All

Wow, look at that, video games DON'T make you kill people. Annoying KIDS do.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Re: French 5-Year-Old Didn't Stab Sister Over DS, After All

Video Games don't kill people...parents tired of hearing their kids playing video games kill people   :D

Sortableturnip's Law: As an online discussion of video game violence grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Jack Thompson approaches 1

Andrew EisenI played it one the Wii and rather liked it.11/22/2014 - 11:15pm
Andrew EisenGhostbusters! My favorite movie.11/22/2014 - 10:21pm
Andrew EisenPredominately figurines or swag of all kinds?11/22/2014 - 8:37pm
Andrew EisenI bet there's a lovely comedy of errors surrounding that list's journey to the IGDA's page!11/22/2014 - 6:49pm