iPhone Game Lampoons Airport Security

March 4, 2009 -

Over at Water Cooler Games, Ian Bogost writes about Jetset, his iPhone/iPod Touch game that pokes fun at the bureraucratic nightmare that is modern airport security.

From the description:

The challenges of today's airport security make business and pleasure travel increasingly difficult. Security is there to make you feel safe and get you to your plane in one piece. However, today's regulations change frequently and are often different from airport to airport. Now, you too can stand in the shoes of a security agent trying to avert terrorism while getting everyone through a checkpoint quickly...

Play 100 different airports from around the world... Strip search travelers for fun... Confiscate dangerous travel items like pressurized cheese — all inspired by real events in airport security... Game automatically selects the airport you are in or near based on available location services

Jetset is currently available on the iTunes App Store for $3.99

Comments

Re: iPhone Game Lampoons Airport Security

The iPhone is like everything else - there's a lot of crap out for it and some good stuff.

Re: iPhone Game Lampoons Airport Security

This game has been out for a long time for free online.

Re: iPhone Game Lampoons Airport Security

iPhone apps are usually half-assed attempts at coding and are usually not worth the price.

Brain: "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" Pinky: "I think so, Brain, but we're already naked."

Re: iPhone Game Lampoons Airport Security

The iPhone is suffering from the very same thing that plagues the Wii currently. That is developers who only care about the $$ they see when the ylook at the iphone user base.

There are some good apps and games for the iPhone, but they are hard to find as the app store lacks some key sorting functionality.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: iPhone Game Lampoons Airport Security

I would agree with you completely. With tough economic times, there is no doubt iPhone and Wii type software/games will be harder to come by. I would think as a developer I would want to milk the most possible money out of my investment. The economy is in the crunch time and this is what happens. Personally, I can't bother with the Wii because of this fact. Nintendo developed games are a good selling point, but I'm an adult...

My sites Vancover & Wireless Security Camera & GTA5?

Poll