Obama Stimulus Rendered in Retro Math Game Style

March 4, 2009 -

2P Start takes note of President Obama's recently-passed stimulus package by invoking the graphic style of the old Number Munchers game (perhaps some GP readers played it in school).

The artist explains:

I kind of get the feeling this comic might appeal more to The Oregon Trail crowd... Number Munchers was another early educational PC game that a lot of us probably played in elementary school...

In any event, we’re not trying to spark a political debate here, it’s just that $787 billion is a staggering number, even for an old pro like Muncher!

Comments

Re: Obama Stimulus Rendered in Retro Math Game Style

Loved this game back in the day.

Re: Obama Stimulus Rendered in Retro Math Game Style

Remember this game? I used to own the game. I think I may still have it buried somewhere although in all likelyhood we probably gave it away to somone.

I can't even remember the rules though.

----------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------- Debates are like merry go rounds. Two people take their positions then they go through the same points over and over and over again. Then when it's over they have the same positions they started in.

Re: Obama Stimulus Rendered in Retro Math Game Style

Muncher looks like he can't swallow that. ;)

Re: Obama Stimulus Rendered in Retro Math Game Style

LOL!

I had the Number Munchers high score for about 5 years after I left that school. I was already in college before I let the record go.

Re: Obama Stimulus Rendered in Retro Math Game Style

Pfft, all the cool kids played Math Blaster.

---
The Mammon Industry

---
Fangamer

Re: Obama Stimulus Rendered in Retro Math Game Style

Re: Obama Stimulus Rendered in Retro Math Game Style

I loved that game...   and that animation sequences...

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Re: Obama Stimulus Rendered in Retro Math Game Style

Number munchers got it right, it's all just numbers in a computer somewhere, just type them back in, economic crisis solved.

Re: Obama Stimulus Rendered in Retro Math Game Style

Muncher's gonna need some Pepto Bismol.

Re: Obama Stimulus Rendered in Retro Math Game Style

Oh Number Munchers!

I talked about Number Munchers in my grad school application essays. What a good idea, I'm all nostalgic already and I haven't even played it yet.

MechaCrashYeah, even I think IP needs to dial it back.05/22/2015 - 12:35am
Mattsworknamesays05/21/2015 - 11:17pm
Andrew EisenThat's an... interesting way to interpret that.05/21/2015 - 8:36pm
Goth_SkunkAnd re BBC vs Rockstar: Ahh. I missed that. Woops!05/21/2015 - 8:33pm
DocMelonheadYou could say that the Mary Sue only interested in Gender issues in pop culture, and they only see GamerGate as a Hate group that fight for the oppressive status quo.05/21/2015 - 8:22pm
MechaCrashWell, can't blame him for not expanding on it and missing stories here. Sealioning people demanding proof of claims and then calling them liars when they provide it is busy work!05/21/2015 - 8:20pm
Andrew EisenRe: Mary Sue - Uh, why exactly? Re: Rockstar - Yep, we reported that earlier today.05/21/2015 - 8:12pm
Goth_SkunkRockstar is suing the BBC. http://ow.ly/NgzDm05/21/2015 - 8:00pm