NIMF Sees Madworld as Blemish on Nintendo's Record

March 10, 2009 -

The National Institute on Media and the Family has taken a swipe at Nintendo over the release of Sega's bloody Madworld for the Wii.

IGN reports on a NIMF press release in which organization founder Dr. David Walsh criticizes Nintendo for licensing Madworld, which has been highly anticipated by many Wii gamers:

[Nintendo has] shed its 'family friendly' reputation with MadWorld's release.

The release of MadWorld for the Wii brings violent videogames to a once family-friendly platform. In MadWorld, gamers use the Wii Remote to make the necessary physical actions to chainsaw an opponent in half, impale an enemy with a signpost or decapitate a victim with a golf club...

In the past, the Wii has successfully sold itself as being the gaming console for the entire family and a way to bring family-game nights back into people's living rooms. Unfortunately, Nintendo opened its doors to the violent videogame genre. The National Institute on Media and the Family hopes that Nintendo does not lose sight of its initial audience and continues to offer quality, family-friendly games.

GP: While Walsh's criticism of Madworld is not unexpected, the idea that Nintendo is pursuing a family friendly policy went by the wayside with the 2007 release of Manhunt 2 for the Wii.

Comments

Re: NIMF Sees Madworld as Blemish on Nintendo's Record

Why would you want to do that?  0_o

They sound so up-tight it'd probably break...ooooohhhhh

...Gods I'm spending too much time on Fark.  It's starting to bleed into other forums.

Tea and cake or death! Tea and cake or death! Little Red Cook-book! Little Red Cook-book!

ZippyDSMleeShout box sttasahhppppp!!05/22/2015 - 10:47am