Online Game: Bailout Bonus Beatdown

March 24, 2009 -

Sure, those AIG bonuses were maddening, but punching out execs isn't the solution that most rational people have in mind.

Still, Kewlbox has posted Bailout Bonus Beatdown, an online game in which players have 15 seconds to throw punches (read: click their mouse) at a greedy yet defenseless exec from the "P.I.G. Insurance Company."

GP: We'd like to think that the state of games as political commentary has advanced beyond the tired whack-a-mole, punchout and first-person shooter genres. But, apparently not...

Comments

Re: Online Game: Bailout Bonus Beatdown

Well, I don't expect you'll EVER see this on the iPhone.  Apple's delayed our "Bailout Bonanza" for over a month, and all you do there is catch bags of $$$$.

Too political?  You tell me:  http://bit.ly/abNCA

Shigeru Miyamoto

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time. Shigeru Miyamoto

Re: Online Game: Bailout Bonus Beatdown

Honestly, I'd rather beat the people that allowed the bonuses to go through rather than the people just doing their jobs.  Oh noes, someone got paid for doing their job!  When will the insanity stop!?

Re: Online Game: Bailout Bonus Beatdown

Here's the link if you want to play

Watching JT on GP is just like watching an episode of Jerry springer only as funny as the fights

America has just became its own version of the Jerry Springer Show after a bizarre moment in Florida involving a carnival worker.

Re: Online Game: Bailout Bonus Beatdown

Reminds me of the "Don't Taze Me Bro!" 'game' from back in the day. Another pile of crap masquerading as a game. Yeah Super Columbine was considered by some (not me) to be tasteless and wasn't topical but it was at least functional. There was no reason for this game save to milk website hits as near as I can tell. It isn't a game, its a political message in a false game format that really would of worked better as a video.

Re: Online Game: Bailout Bonus Beatdown

A.I.G is P.I.G. (Had to make the joke) how do we play the game because it redirects me to the page where you get the code to embed it

Re: Online Game: Bailout Bonus Beatdown

"We'd like to think that the use of games as political commentary has advanced beyond the tired whack-a-mole, punchout and first-person shooter genres. But, apparently not..."

I wouldn't call this political commentary, GP.  It's politically themed, but in the end, it's not commentary so much as stress/frustration relief.  It's less a message, and more one of those squeezable boss heads.

Poll

Who's responsible for crappy Netflix performance on Verizon?:

MaskedPixelanteIf by "distance themselves from Google Plus" you mean "forcing Google Plus integration in everything", then yes, they are distancing themselves from Google Plus.07/26/2014 - 12:20pm
MechaTama31I wish they would distance G+ from the Play Store, so I could leave reviews and comments again.07/26/2014 - 11:03am
Papa MidnightGoogle+ Integration is coming to Twitch!07/25/2014 - 8:41pm