Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

April 3, 2009 -

Registration has opened for the fifth annual Games For Health Conference.

This year's event will be held in Boston on June 11-12.

Nintendo's best-selling Wii console looks to be a hot topic. Of 31 GFH sessions listed so far, 20% are specific to either the Wii or to the Wii-dominated topic of exergaming. These sessions include:

• Using Wii Games to Help Parkinson's Patients
  • Capturing Wiimote & Acceleromter Data for Active Gaming Evaluation
  • Senior Wii : A Study of Seniors and Wii Exercise
  • A Study of Wii Fit Effectiveness
  • Criticisms of Exergaming
  • Discussion & Best Practices for Implementation for Health Application of Exergames

Comments

Re: Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

Sweet. If Nintnedo can get people to play games as a form of health maintenance, there's another avenue for games to be accepted.

Re: Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

And then Nintendo will conquer the fitness business and stop making games altogether.

Re: Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

Wii Fit has sold over 6 million in the US alone.

Andrew Eisen

Re: Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

Wii fit isn't an exercise game, its a balencing game. My cousin is a PE coach at an elementry school,and he got the game to see if there was anything to use as a real exercise. He said it was a bit disapointing that it was not any real exercises. The closest thing to it was stretching.

We don't need the government, all we need is Medicare, Medicade, and Social Security!

Re: Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

Huh, he must have missed the two dozen strength and aerobic games (push-ups, lunges, running, hula-hoop, etc.).

Andrew Eisen

Re: Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

Re: Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

Betcha they're gonna use the recent Wii Fit death are cannon fodder against the health aspects of the game.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Re: Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

What he said. Please explain.

Re: Wii To Be Hot Topic at Games For Health Conference

Wii Fit death? Explain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------

"A Chrono Trigger is anything that unleashes its will or desire to change history!" -Gaspar

Matthew Wilsonmetaphorically speaking of course04/17/2015 - 9:40pm