ECA Elevates Jennifer Mercurio to VP / General Counsel

April 7, 2009 -

Jennifer Mercurio, a seasoned advocacy attorney who has substantial video game industry experience, has been promoted to the position of Vice President and General Counsel of the Entertainment Consumers Association.

Mercurio, who in the past worked as a lead attorney for game publishers' group ESA, was originally hired by ECA President Hal Halpin in 2007. Of the promotion, Halpin said:

Jennifer’s track record of success speaks for itself along with her commitment to our advocacy mission for gamers. With the growing recognition of the demographic power of gamers we felt it important to expand her role to take advantage of our momentum on issues such as free speech, broadband access, and the rights of gaming consumers.

An ECA press release notes:

In her new role Mercurio will oversee all legal, policy, research, advocacy, action, lobbying, and government affairs for ECA...

The promotion signals the increasing influence of the ECA’s government affairs and policy efforts on behalf of gamers following its recent establishment of the ECA Institute, a charitable non-profit that helps develop and implement ECA public policy positions.

FULL DISCLOSURE DEPT: The ECA is the parent company of GamePolitics.

Comments

Re: ECA Elevates Jennifer Mercurio to VP / General Counsel

A VP huh? Well congrats then Jennifer. It is comforting to know we have someone like you on our side. Hope you can enjoy the job and help us settle these matters with our consumer rights being defended. The likelyhood of me bothering to buy games in the next 3~5 years depends on you. Otherwise, I may give it up as a hobby.

Re: ECA Elevates Jennifer Mercurio to VP / General Counsel

Way to go, Jennifer!

Re: ECA Elevates Jennifer Mercurio to VP / General Counsel

I have worked with her on several issues. She is always quick to respond to emails. She is such a pleasure to work with. Of all the people I have had interaction with from the ECA, I can't think of a more qualified person.

Thanks for all the work you have been doing and good luck with the new position and added responsibility.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: ECA Elevates Jennifer Mercurio to VP / General Counsel

Congrats to Jennifer! Hopefully she'll enjoy her new role, and that she excels in it.

Poll

Best decade for video games?:

ZippyDSMleePapa Midnight: Care to take a look at this and tell me what you think about it? http://www.amazon.com/Frisby-FS-5010BT-Surround-Speakers-Bluetooth/dp/B00EYX1N2S/03/26/2015 - 10:27pm
Matthew Wilson@AE I think he means both.03/26/2015 - 9:23pm
Andrew EisenConster - Sure, give me a few minutes.03/26/2015 - 3:05pm
Matthew Wilsonnot shocked, lets see how gencon reacts.03/26/2015 - 11:01am
Andrew EisenAnd for those of you keeping track, Indiana's SB 101 was signed into law this morning by Gov. Pence.03/26/2015 - 10:58am
james_fudgeyeah!03/26/2015 - 9:17am