Online Game Addresses Steriod Abuse in Major League Baseball

April 7, 2009 -

Baseball's back, but fans' lingering anger over steroid use by MLB players has cast a bit of a cloud on Opening Day.

Baseball *Juiced, a new online offering from Addicting Games, examines the steroid issue, although unfortunately without much depth. For example, if your player works out at the gym in the off-season instead of taing steroids he will hit well.

But if you choose to dope your player, he seems to hit a home run every time up. Eventually, however, he will flunk his random steroid test.

The message is: steroids may increase performance but at cost in reputation. Player who juice could be indicted, ala Barry Bonds, or banned from the Hall of Fame.

Comments

Re: Online Game Addresses Steriod Abuse in Major League ...

Oh noes! I've been banned from the Hall of Fame! Now I can't do anything but sit at home crying while I count my ridiculous amounts of money I made by being a home run hitter.

Re: Online Game Addresses Steriod Abuse in Major League Baseball

I don't think the game can really address the problems. There are obviously other personal issues that happen off the field when abusing these things. Also the risk of other complications that aren't well known to most and it stains you for life in many situations.

Re: Online Game Addresses Steriod Abuse in Major League Baseball

This is you're regular baseball player;

HULK SMASH!!!

Yeah, you're right... a games' not helping much.

______________________________ Because I have NO Life... :P I introduce the following. PSN User ID: FirebirdXR (Yes, I use that moniker often) Xbox Live ID: FirebirdLR (Don't bother, It's a Silver Membership) *Limited Time Only* I put both because I

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm