New iPhone App Delivers Audio & Text of JFK's "Ask Not" Inaugural Address

April 29, 2009 -

For JFK fans or those with an interest in history, a just-released free app for iPhone/iPod Touch delivers the full audio and text of President Kennedy's January, 1961 inaugural address.

The best-known line from that speech, of course, is:

And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country.

Comments

Hmm

I'd like a Canadian version with Brian Mulroney's "you had a choice" rant and Chretien's "I put pepper on my chicken" dodge.  Heck, toss in Trudeau's "just watch me" and it'd make a nice little Canuck political soundboard.

---
The Mammon Philosophy

---
Fangamer

Re: New iPhone App Delivers Audio & Text of JFK's "Ask Not"

How long before soemoen wants it yanked claiming it dishonores JFK?

Re: New iPhone App Delivers Audio & Text of JFK's "Ask Not" ...

"I'm just a patsy!" -- Lee Harvey Oswald

Re: New iPhone App Delivers Audio & Text of JFK's "Ask Not" ...

Can we get one that'll deliver the full audio and text of his famous speech on the 2nd amendment too while we're at it?

C'mon David, you know you want to.

james_fudgeThanks Papa!04/27/2015 - 10:43am
PHX Corphttp://kotaku.com/its-official-silent-hills-is-cancelled-1700379816# It's Official: Silent Hills Is Cancelled04/27/2015 - 9:48am
Papa MidnightI also hope that legislation holds the individual(s) who initiated the action is criminally liable for any and all harm that may come to persons involved (whether it be the cops or the victim(s)), as well as any property damaged suffered by any party.04/27/2015 - 8:16am
Papa MidnightJames: Small typographical error in the article for the NY Congressman's legislation: earlier is misspelled as "earlkier" (context: "Chuck Schumer (D) earlkier this month.")04/27/2015 - 8:14am
Matthew WilsonUC berkeley won, and they 3 years of free tuition for winning.04/26/2015 - 11:26pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://espn.go.com/watchespn/…/id/2497649/Heroes-of-the-Dorm heroes of the storm is being broadcast live on espn 2 never thought a moba would get a time slot like this on tv.04/26/2015 - 9:30pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://reason.com/archives/2015/04/09/the-dmca-chill-factor this is why the dmca should be changed or gotten rid off.04/26/2015 - 6:41pm
PHX Corphttp://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/04/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-review/ anyone seen this04/26/2015 - 4:19pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.destructoid.com/director-del-toro-says-silent-hi… Can not say I am surprised sadly. I feel bad for del Toro because every time he tries to do a video game project it falls apart.04/26/2015 - 1:42pm
Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm