Penny Arcade Lampoons BioWare Forum Censorship Flap

April 29, 2009 -

BioWare's recent censorship of discussions about potential gay characters in the upcoming Star Wars: The Old Republic did not escape notice by the Penny Arcade crew.

Click here for the full comic.

Comments

Re: Penny Arcade Lampoons BioWare Forum Censorship Flap

Krakthorian Gay-Best...HAHAHAHA!    Yeah, in a universe where a boy kisses his twin sister and doesn't realize she's his sister until the 3rd movie...leaving a whole lot of time to wonder what went on before she got with Han...that's soooo much better than having gay people there!  Personally, I always thought Jar Jar was based off of Barney Frank.  You're all clear kid, now let's blow this thing and go home.

PSN: bracomadar

PSN: bracomadar

Re: Penny Arcade Lampoons BioWare Forum Censorship Flap

It's pretty funny how upset scifi fanboys get at the suggestion that their favorite series/movie might be inclusive to people of different sexual orientation. Yeah, Star Trek has no gay characters because of the Star Fleet death camps. KOTR did have a gay character, as referenced in the previous article.

Re: Penny Arcade Lampoons BioWare Forum Censorship Flap

Silly Penny Arcade, always putting a comedic look at gaming's stupid moves.

Re: Penny Arcade Lampoons BioWare Forum Censorship Flap

There's also a Downloadable Content podcast associated with this comic: "A Reasoned Assessment" http://www.penny-arcade.com/padlc.xml

Re: Penny Arcade Lampoons BioWare Forum Censorship Flap

This reminds me of Hillary Duff's stupid commercial about saying the word gay.

In the end all I have to say is, EA owns BioWare, so I could care less.

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Nido Web Flash Tutorials AS2 and AS3 Tutorials for anyone interested.
How to set Xbox 360 Parental Controls

Poll

What is #GamerGate about?:

Andrew EisenMarvel has replaced Manara on the variant covers for Thor #2 and Avengers and X-Men: AXIS #1. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Marvel is learning the right lesson here.09/23/2014 - 6:26pm
quiknkoldI'm 7 years old, and my cousin(Also 7, maybe 8 at this time) tells me has Battletoads. its Summer Vacation. We play and play and play until finally, We won coop. Those were the days.09/23/2014 - 5:29pm
quiknkoldlets take a moment to share some gaming memories, shall we?09/23/2014 - 5:28pm
MechaTama31I buy stuff off the eshop because it gives me the convenience of a flashcart without the guilt.09/23/2014 - 5:03pm
Montewell thanks for the info Eisen; try that the next time i need something off the eshop09/23/2014 - 3:54pm
james_fudgere: MP, i've sent tech support a note - thank you :)09/23/2014 - 3:14pm
IanCNah that wasnt directed at you Andrew :)09/23/2014 - 3:00pm
Papa MidnightRe: SIEGE 2014 Keynote: oh dear...09/23/2014 - 2:44pm
MaskedPixelanteDear GP, something called "doubleverify" is causing some nasty browser issues on my end. Probably one of your ads.09/23/2014 - 2:36pm
Andrew EisenOh hell no. No, it took Nintendo a dog's age just to get to the point its competitors have been at for a while! (And it's still not there yet, in a lot of respects.)09/23/2014 - 2:26pm
IanCSame as PSN handles it, fi you are trying to say only nintendo do that.09/23/2014 - 2:23pm
Andrew EisenYou have to try to purchase something first. Pick a game, hit purchase and if your wallet doesn't have enough to cover it, you'll be given an option to "add exact funds" or something like that.09/23/2014 - 2:05pm
MonteI have seen no option for that on my 3DS; anytime i want to add funds it only gives me the option to add in denominations of $10, 20, 50 or 10009/23/2014 - 2:03pm
IanCWhat Andrew Wilson said. PSN is the same when you make a purchase over a certain price (£5 in the UK)09/23/2014 - 2:02pm
Andrew EisenNeither eShop charges sales tax either. At least in California.09/23/2014 - 2:00pm
Andrew EisenBoth Wii U and 3DS eShops allow you to add funds in the exact amount of whatever's in your shopping cart. If your game is $39.99, you can add exactly $39.99.09/23/2014 - 1:57pm
Infophile@Matthew Wilson: As I understand it, any regulations to force tax online would also set up an easy database for these stores to use, minimizing overhead.09/23/2014 - 1:30pm
MonteReally, the eshop just does next to nothing to make buying digitally advantagous for the customer. Its nice to have the game on my 3DS, but i can get more for less buying a physical copy at retail. And that's not even counting buying used09/23/2014 - 1:18pm
MonteIanC, The Eshop wallet system only lets you add funds in set denominations and the tax makes sure you no longer have round numbers so you ALWAYS loose money. A $39.99 game for instance requires you to add $50 instead of just $4009/23/2014 - 1:13pm
Matthew Wilsonbut thats just it those sites, even the small ones, sell all over the country.09/23/2014 - 11:12am