Help Wanted: IGDA Seeks New Leader, Must Love Games

May 6, 2009 -

With the post-GDC departure of longtime executive director Jason Della Rocca, the International Game Developers Association is seeking a replacement.

For those who are interested - or merely curious - a lengthy job description is available on Gamasutra:

[IGDA] is looking for an influential leader to carry out the organization's strategic plans and take responsibility for achieving its short and long-term goals, work closely with the IGDA Board of Directors, volunteers and a small "virtual staff", the Executive Director will take an entrepreneurial approach to setting strategies and organizing operations to maximize the fundraising potential of the IGDA...

GP: Applicants should enjoy airline food. According to ad, about 20% of the time the IGDA executive director will be on the road.

Comments

Re: Help Wanted: IGDA Seeks New Leader, Must Love Games

Gotta love the requierment to love to play games!

Re: Help Wanted: IGDA Seeks New Leader, Must Love Games

I remember trading e-mails with Della Rocca when he sent me an e-mail in reply to a comment I posted on his blog. He's a good man, and I hope he gets a job where his skills can be put to good use.

-----------------------------

"The sun will always rise tomorrow. We can only live for today, and hope more days will come." -Unknown

-----------------------------

"A Chrono Trigger is anything that unleashes its will or desire to change history!" -Gaspar

Re: Help Wanted: IGDA Seeks New Leader, Must Love Games

I hope he gets a job where his skills can be put to good use

Considering he has started his own consulting firm,  I think he has.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: Help Wanted: IGDA Seeks New Leader, Must Love Games

I'd be willing to take a job like that...but what do i have to get to be qualified?

Magic Taco