Help Wanted: IGDA Seeks New Leader, Must Love Games

May 6, 2009 -

With the post-GDC departure of longtime executive director Jason Della Rocca, the International Game Developers Association is seeking a replacement.

For those who are interested - or merely curious - a lengthy job description is available on Gamasutra:

[IGDA] is looking for an influential leader to carry out the organization's strategic plans and take responsibility for achieving its short and long-term goals, work closely with the IGDA Board of Directors, volunteers and a small "virtual staff", the Executive Director will take an entrepreneurial approach to setting strategies and organizing operations to maximize the fundraising potential of the IGDA...

GP: Applicants should enjoy airline food. According to ad, about 20% of the time the IGDA executive director will be on the road.

Comments

Re: Help Wanted: IGDA Seeks New Leader, Must Love Games

Gotta love the requierment to love to play games!

Re: Help Wanted: IGDA Seeks New Leader, Must Love Games

I remember trading e-mails with Della Rocca when he sent me an e-mail in reply to a comment I posted on his blog. He's a good man, and I hope he gets a job where his skills can be put to good use.

-----------------------------

"The sun will always rise tomorrow. We can only live for today, and hope more days will come." -Unknown

-----------------------------

"A Chrono Trigger is anything that unleashes its will or desire to change history!" -Gaspar

Re: Help Wanted: IGDA Seeks New Leader, Must Love Games

I hope he gets a job where his skills can be put to good use

Considering he has started his own consulting firm,  I think he has.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: Help Wanted: IGDA Seeks New Leader, Must Love Games

I'd be willing to take a job like that...but what do i have to get to be qualified?

Magic Taco

Poll

Will Code Avarice's Paranautical Activity make its way back onto Steam?:

Andrew EisenAdam McKay directed cartoon about income inequality. https://screen.yahoo.com/we-the-economy/inequality-1-unbelievable-sweet-alpacas-175411663.html10/21/2014 - 8:54pm
prh99Bit.ly Maintainance here is the original http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/10/after-gamergate-tweet-adobe-distances-itself-from-gawker-bullying/10/21/2014 - 8:39pm
prh99Adobe calls out Gawker for GG bullying and backpedals...sort of. http://bit.ly/1pyM4Yg10/21/2014 - 8:35pm
Neo_DrKefkaThanks James. Means a lot.10/21/2014 - 7:24pm
prh99Nothing that hasn't been said.10/21/2014 - 6:52pm
Andrew EisenHaven't read it yet. I'm sharing this because I love the header image. http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2014/10/gamergate-should-stop-lying-to-itself.html10/21/2014 - 3:39pm
james_fudgeYou are one of us, you're a GPer, not a GGer :)10/21/2014 - 2:27pm
james_fudgeNeo_DrKefka: half of them don't know who that is, so no worries :)10/21/2014 - 2:27pm
Andrew EisenUpdate to the Paranautical Activity story. Dev leaves the studio. http://codeavarice.com/post/100592709238/mike-is-leaving-code-avarice10/21/2014 - 1:52pm
quiknkoldI'm sure you are, Andrew10/21/2014 - 1:44pm
Andrew EisenNintendo announced the Link amiibo is compatible with Hyrule Warriors. No idea how Nintendo expects anyone to give a toss if it don't tell us what it does. Then again, maybe I'm just being curmudgeonly.10/21/2014 - 1:25pm
Neo_DrKefkaSo Gamergate compared me to leftist Saul Alnsky....ME off all the people10/21/2014 - 1:16pm
IanCWell.... quite.10/21/2014 - 1:10pm
Andrew EisenWell of course. Girls don't buy figurines and guys don't buy figurines of girls. And no, the girls that buy figurines and the guys that buy figurines of girls don't count. The money belongs on the table, thank you very much!10/21/2014 - 12:43pm
IanCI have 3 of the Disney Infinity figures even though i don't have the game (Rapunzel from Tangled, and Anna & Elsa from Frozen, purely because its the only way to get figures from those two films)10/21/2014 - 12:23pm
Andrew EisenGlad you said "Pokemon." That's the first time I've seen anyone use that abbreviation.10/21/2014 - 12:14pm
MaskedPixelanteGot my demo key for ORAS, hope I get some awesome Pokemon to bring over.10/21/2014 - 12:08pm
E. Zachary KnightNot owning a WiiU helps too.10/21/2014 - 11:39am
E. Zachary KnightI have avoided Skylanders and Disney Infinity so far, so I don't see how Amiibos will get me in their grasp.10/21/2014 - 11:39am
Andrew EisenYes, GamerGate has a lot of fair-weather friends.10/21/2014 - 11:25am