UL Issues Consumer Alert on Counterfeit Chargers for 360, Wii

May 22, 2009 -

Underwriters Laboratories, which independently tests products for safety, has issued a consumer alert regarding a pair of controller chargers which it says bear counterfeit UL approval markings.

The InCharge for Xbox 360 and InCharge for Wii are manufactured by WELLFORM Industrial Ltd. of China and bear the Teknocreations label. While the UL alert does not warn consumers of any specific hazard, the fact that the manufacturer dodged the safety testing process and slapped on a counterfeit UL seal of approval is a concern - especially where electricity is involved.

The chargers are available on Amazon.com and possibly from other retailers.

Comments

Re: UL Issues Consumer Alert on Counterfeit Chargers for 360,

Underhanded Chinese business practices?  NO WAY!

Sounds like some group of companies don't get to sell their wares in the US for a while...

Re: UL Issues Consumer Alert on Counterfeit Chargers for 360,

Underhanded Chinese business practices?  NO WAY!

Blast, beat me to it!

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: UL Issues Consumer Alert on Counterfeit Chargers for 360,

You can find on amazon, just like the article stated.

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

MechaTama31Goth_Skunk: It's not too late for CiVIlization... ;)01/28/2015 - 12:40am
MechaCrashI thought one of its other big issues was all the "quality" of phone games with all the portability of your television.01/27/2015 - 11:34pm
E. Zachary KnightApparently, people did not want a $100 console, they wanted a $200 one for a $100 price tag.01/27/2015 - 11:18pm
E. Zachary KnightI remember when people were demanding Ouya used the new and untested Tegra 4 processor rather than the tried and true Tegra 3, increase the RAM to 2Gigs and various other expensive addons.01/27/2015 - 11:17pm
ConsterCraig: perhaps I should've used the word "unreasonable", as in people clamoring for stretch goals that would guarantee they lose money on each deck.01/27/2015 - 10:04pm
Andrew EisenIt's my favorite movie. I'm looking forward to it as well.01/27/2015 - 9:16pm
Goth_SkunkI grew up idolizing Ghostbusters. I'm extremely excited to see another film.01/27/2015 - 8:52pm
Goth_SkunkEscapist -- via Hollywood reporter -- gives us a glimpse at the probable cast of the new Ghostbuster's movie: http://ow.ly/I3GyZ01/27/2015 - 8:51pm
Craig R.Nearly $4.2m in a week for Exploding Kittens. Can anything truly be unrealistic at this point?01/27/2015 - 8:50pm
prh99I am sure. Just have no interest in tropes in general or her take on gender portrayal.01/27/2015 - 7:44pm
Goth_SkunkI personally enjoy replacing letters with numbers in titles of movies and games. I think Firaxis missed out on a huge chuckle by calling it "Civilization V" and not "CiVilization."01/27/2015 - 7:20pm
Andrew EisenI bet I can guess how you voted!01/27/2015 - 7:02pm
prh99Never actually watched one, probably won't start.01/27/2015 - 6:15pm
E. Zachary KnightConster, when are unrealistic stretch goal demands anything new? They happen in every Kickstarter I have seen.01/27/2015 - 5:58pm
E. Zachary KnightAE: You forgot the "The video that conforms to my preconceived ideas about gender in games" option.01/27/2015 - 5:56pm
PHX Corp@Conster ok, randomly put 5 golden tickets into the boxes and anyone who gets a golden ticket gets to go and visit Willy Wonka's chocolate factory!, is a ultra-ridiculous stretch goal suggested by a backer01/27/2015 - 5:53pm
ConsterApparently they're unaware that unlike with video games, card games have a large constant factor in cost-per-unit.01/27/2015 - 5:24pm
ConsterIn other news, Exploding Kittens (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elanlee/exploding-kittens) has over 100k backers now, a few of which are calling for unrealistic stretch goals.01/27/2015 - 5:23pm
ConsterIt's cool in Numb3rs, but not really anywhere else.01/27/2015 - 5:20pm