Bethesda: We Didn't Seek Bill Clinton For Fallout 3

May 23, 2009 -

Following up on yesterday's report that Blindlight, a Hollywood firm which recruits voice actors for video game projects, had approached Bill Clinton for the role of the president in Fallout 3, Chris Morris of Variety contacted F3 publisher Bethesda, which seemed non-plussed by the news.

Pete Hines, VP of PR for Bethesda, told Morris:

Before they would pitch us on someone like Clinton, they may first go ask if he would do something like that. In no way, shape or form, did we say is President Clinton is who we want for this role or [tell Blindlight to] go chase him.

Comments

Re: Bethesda: We Didn't Seek Bill Clinton For Fallout 3

While Malcolm McDowell did an exelent job.  It would have also been cool to here Clinton's voice in that part.

Re: Bethesda: We Didn't Seek Bill Clinton For Fallout 3

But isn't he doing some voice work for the next Leisure Suit Larry game?

Re: Bethesda: We Didn't Seek Bill Clinton For Fallout 3

"I did not have nukular relations with that city."

Yes, "nukular" is a stretch and I don't think he pronounces it that way (unlike his successor).  But it fits the line better this way.

Re: Bethesda: We Didn't Seek Bill Clinton For Fallout 3

....and why the Hell not?

______________________________ Because I have NO Life... :P I introduce the following. PSN User ID: FirebirdXR (Yes, I use that moniker often) Xbox Live ID: FirebirdLR (Don't bother, It's a Silver Membership) *Limited Time Only* I put both because I

Re: Bethesda: We Didn't Seek Bill Clinton For Fallout 3

Because his voice is really annoying?

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Re: Bethesda: We Didn't Seek Bill Clinton For Fallout 3

All the better when he sexually harasses you in-game if you chose to be a woman.

Re: Bethesda: We Didn't Seek Bill Clinton For Fallout 3

Except for the fun fact that it was proven that said relations were consenual? Even she admitted it.

----
Papa Midnight

----
Papa Midnight

Re: Bethesda: We Didn't Seek Bill Clinton For Fallout 3

Way to take the fun out of Bill Clinton, regardless if true or not...

Re: Bethesda: We Didn't Seek Bill Clinton For Fallout 3

Mmmm when you rush on hot news you can be wrong as much as you are right...

I am a criminal because I purchase media,I am a criminal because I use media, I am a criminal because I chose to own media..We shall remain criminals until Corporate stay's outside our bedrooms..

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Mattsworknamei I hope there is, I love that series.04/25/2015 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenI tinyURL'd it. The world is safe!04/24/2015 - 10:23pm
Andrew EisenWell, that is indeed crappy and nonsensical.04/24/2015 - 3:45pm
Andrew EisenFine but do you recall ANY details at all?04/24/2015 - 3:38pm
Andrew EisenI know there's not a lot of room in the Shout box but goodness you're being vague.04/24/2015 - 3:26pm