E3 Being Built

May 31, 2009 -

Destructoid has smuggled some E3 setup pix out of the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Dtoid's full gallery of pix is definitely worth checking out.

Posted in

Comments

Re: E3 Being Built

I've never really understood why they didn't, say, have E3 run for an entire week, but have the first (and perhaps second) day being media only. Then the rest of the time they can charge the public for entry and hopefully recoup most of their money from ticket sales.

Re: E3 Being Built

Probably because, 1) the first two days of media only is exhausting enough, and 2) these people have jobs to get back to.

Re: E3 Being Built

Of course ... there's also the cost of renting the hall, staffing the booths with both employees (who could be doing other work) and demonstrators (the interactive marketing professionals formerly known as "booth babes"), paying the food and lodging and transportation for that staff having to stay on location in LA, and finally the increased risk of exposing your content and booth to damage and pilfering by alleged members of the "press" who got in by claiming their blog made them industry professionals.

--Verbinator

--Verbinator

Re: E3 Being Built

And maybe three: The fanboys won'r be going: "OH BOY! It's E3! The number one EXCLUSIVE event that I wish I could be a part of, but I can't becuase I'm the general public, and not in the buisness or with a 'Offical' Gaming media outlet, so I'll watch it on G4 and drool and wish I was there. Come on ESA let us be a part of it too!"

Not that they ACTUALLY say that, but for me I guess it wouldn't matter is they were letting the general public in or not. I can't afford a plane trip to Los Angeles, and the money for a ticket into the event, and the price of the hotel room. I imagine a ticket would be quite expensive. I cana afford it, but I still fel like griping about it.

Oh well, I'll be looking at G4 and at Gamespot like the other geeks, but that will have to do.

- Warren

Consumer responsibility is just as important as Corporate responsibility. So, be responsible consumers.

Re: E3 Being Built

It really stinks to be told that they may be opening it to the public but then pulling that idea. I live near L.A. and I was looking forward to it.

----------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------- Debates are like merry go rounds. Two people take their positions then they go through the same points over and over and over again. Then when it's over they have the same positions they started in.

Re: E3 Being Built

Is it all contained in one hall this year? --Verbinator

--Verbinator

Re: E3 Being Built

Even after several years of crappy or boring shows, why does E3 still excite me?

Poll

Which Feminist Frequency video are you looking forward to most?:

WonderkarpFCC appears to be kicking ass today01/29/2015 - 4:11pm
Matthew WilsonThat is why I said "every market". for example totalbescuit has TWC, and the best he can get atm is 10/10.01/29/2015 - 1:58pm
Andrew EisenTWC offers speeds that high, at least in my area. (Standard is 15Mpbs)01/29/2015 - 1:54pm
Matthew Wilson@prh I still have my doubts. if anything the big winner is Comcast. they are the only isp in the us that can provide that speed in every market they serve. att, verizon, and twc cant or at least dont.01/29/2015 - 1:50pm
Andrew EisenTrailer for Ted 2 and it looks like it won't simply be a rehash of the first. That's encouraging! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3AVcCggRnU01/29/2015 - 1:49pm
prh99It's nice to see an FCC chair who isn't just there to facilitate monopoly building for cable and telecom. Basically not a dingo.01/29/2015 - 1:46pm
Wonderkarpmine was grandia 201/29/2015 - 1:39pm
Matthew Wilsonoh btw only about 5.6 percent of the us has broadband now.01/29/2015 - 1:21pm
Matthew Wilsonhttp://www.theverge.com/2015/1/29/7932653/fcc-changed-definition-broadband-25mbps did not think the fcc would go through with it.01/29/2015 - 1:16pm
Andrew EisenI know, right? Don't you dare think the fact that I buy all your games makes this sort of behavior okay, TT Games!01/29/2015 - 12:57pm
IanCHow dare thy release games that do well both commercially and critically. How dare they. (refer to the Lego games)01/29/2015 - 12:55pm
Infophile@Wonderkarp: Tales of Innocence. Was in the final dungeon, when I accidentally left my 3DS on an airplane and couldn't get it back. Lost both the game and the system. Got a new system, but not the game (not fun enough to be worth replaying)01/29/2015 - 12:10pm
Andrew EisenOh, thank goodness. There will be at least two console LEGO games this year. For a moment I was worried there! (LEGO Jurassic World, LEGO Marvel's Avengers plus LEGO Ninjago for handheld.)01/29/2015 - 12:08pm
prh99Cminer: It's the only way to monetize Nintendo game videos. Otherwise Nintendo content IDs them and take all the AD revenue. Also it's only covers a small portion of their catalog.01/29/2015 - 12:06pm