Portuguese President Speaks Out Via Second Life

June 23, 2009 -

Portuguese President Aníbal Cavaco Silva has jumped into the Second Life metaverse in a big way.

New World Notes reports that Silva recently became the first head of state to deliver a speech via SL. The President's message marked the Portuguese national holiday Camões as well as the official opening of the Portuguese Republic Presidency's Island in Second Life.

Portugeuse filmmaker and machinima artist Hugo Almeida led the team which designed the Portuguese President's impressive SL island:

In spite of the crazy deadline to bring to shape such a huge project, we couldn't possibly say no.

Check out a video of the island here.

Comments

Re: Portuguese President Speaks Out Via Second Life

Second life is not important, and the only ones who actually think it is are politicians.  I can't wait till they realize that what they're doing is retarded, doesn't help them at all, and thus stop doing it.

MattsworknameSo, whats everyone playing? Im still knee deep in bloodborne, but finaly beat Rom the spider05/23/2015 - 7:20am
Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm