Portuguese President Speaks Out Via Second Life

June 23, 2009 -

Portuguese President Aníbal Cavaco Silva has jumped into the Second Life metaverse in a big way.

New World Notes reports that Silva recently became the first head of state to deliver a speech via SL. The President's message marked the Portuguese national holiday Camões as well as the official opening of the Portuguese Republic Presidency's Island in Second Life.

Portugeuse filmmaker and machinima artist Hugo Almeida led the team which designed the Portuguese President's impressive SL island:

In spite of the crazy deadline to bring to shape such a huge project, we couldn't possibly say no.

Check out a video of the island here.

Comments

Re: Portuguese President Speaks Out Via Second Life

Second life is not important, and the only ones who actually think it is are politicians.  I can't wait till they realize that what they're doing is retarded, doesn't help them at all, and thus stop doing it.

james_fudgeI'll be watching the Facebook page09/01/2015 - 10:14am
james_fudgethe site maybe up right now, but we're not updating until we're at the new location.09/01/2015 - 10:13am
james_fudgehttps://www.facebook.com/gamepolitics09/01/2015 - 10:12am
Mattsworknamehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Vx4_prmvo09/01/2015 - 3:18am
MattsworknameTotal bisquit talkes about why teh Deus X pre order systems is garbage.09/01/2015 - 3:18am
PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm