Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

June 24, 2009 -

June is Gay Pride Month in the U.S. and the LGBT community in World of Warcraft marked the event with a large-scale celebration on the Proudmoore server.

GayGamer reports that this year's event was the fifth such gathering:

There were a variety of activities including Pre-Parade Festivities, March, Meetup with Alliance, Nude Duel Championship final round, March to Ratchet, Dance Boat Party to Booty Bay, Azeroth's Next Top Model Competition, Crafting Faire and Post-Parade Dance Party in the Bay.

It's great to see events like this happening in WOW and City of Heroes.

Via: Destructoid

Comments

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

not until Microsoft or Lucasarts buys wow.

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

Because there's nothing I'm more proud of than which gender I prefer to stick my penis into.

If you go crazy then I will still call you Superman.

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

Youv'e got a random quote generator on that website in your signature. one of the quotes says something about being against gay people.

I didn't lol.

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

I think its stupid, but thats just me.

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

Im surprise something like this didn't show up in MMO's sooner.

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

I knew there was something questionable about wow players and now I have proof.

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

When's Heterosexual Pride Month?  It's right after White History Month, isn't it?

Andrew Eisen

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

You might be able to find more information on those months from the same organizations that offer Scholarships for White Heterosexual American Males.

E. Zachary Knight
Oklahoma City Chapter of the ECA

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

You say that as if there aren't hundreds of thousands of them.

There aren't.

Freedom of speech means the freedom to say ANYTHING, so long as it is the truth. This does not exclude anything that might hurt someone's feelings.

--- With the first link, the chain is forged.

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

nevermind, i was the one that misread your message lol

"Go ahead and hate your neighbor, go ahead and cheat a friend. Do it in the name of Heaven, Jack Thompson'll justify it in the end." - nightwng2000

July through May?

***Homicide-free video gaming since 1972!***

***Homicide-free video gaming since 1972!***

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

How does it go again? Oh yes.

Thread over.

lol

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

Well I missed it, again. I've got to actually mark these things down for once. Oh well, maybe next time.

Wait a second, I know why I always miss it. It's because it is a sad and pathetic reminder of my social situation.

Re: Gay Pride Month Celebrated in World of Warcraft

Gay pride was last weekend where i live, and the weekend before in our provincial capitol

must be something in the air.

As for the nude boat dance party, thankfully my WOW nude mod does not include phalyses (sp)

Andrew EisenI played it one the Wii and rather liked it.11/22/2014 - 11:15pm
Andrew EisenGhostbusters! My favorite movie.11/22/2014 - 10:21pm
Andrew EisenPredominately figurines or swag of all kinds?11/22/2014 - 8:37pm
Andrew EisenI bet there's a lovely comedy of errors surrounding that list's journey to the IGDA's page!11/22/2014 - 6:49pm