(sort of) Funny Look at (sort of) Patriotic NES Games

July 3, 2009 -

Give the creator of this YouTube vid an A for effort as he stretches to pull in patriotic elements to what amounts to video reviews of a pair of NES titles:

• Xenophobe
  • Golgo 13

Comments

Re: (sort of) Funny Look at (sort of) Patriotic NES Games

I am very amused that he picked Golgo 13, a game which was based on a japanese manga/television series (animated and non, I believe) featuring an assassin for hire.

Re: (sort of) Funny Look at (sort of) Patriotic NES Games

Turned it off after the first few seconds, so I've got no idea what he has to say about them but... isn't Golgo 13 a Japanese manga franchise about a super elite mercenary sniper who hits 100% of the time and scores with any female he comes into contact with?

Exactly how does that relate to America's 4th of July?

Re: (sort of) Funny Look at (sort of) Patriotic NES Games

The same way that the Halo franchise is patriotic: it's not REALLY patriotism, it's just satisfying an army fetish.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Re: (sort of) Funny Look at (sort of) Patriotic NES Games

Ahhh Xenophobe, that word sums America up to a T.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Re: (sort of) Funny Look at (sort of) Patriotic NES Games

Thats not really as true today as it used to be.

Re: (sort of) Funny Look at (sort of) Patriotic NES Games

Zing!

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

MattsworknameSo, whats everyone playing? Im still knee deep in bloodborne, but finaly beat Rom the spider05/23/2015 - 7:20am
Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm