(sort of) Funny Look at (sort of) Patriotic NES Games

July 3, 2009 -

Give the creator of this YouTube vid an A for effort as he stretches to pull in patriotic elements to what amounts to video reviews of a pair of NES titles:

• Xenophobe
  • Golgo 13

Comments

Re: (sort of) Funny Look at (sort of) Patriotic NES Games

I am very amused that he picked Golgo 13, a game which was based on a japanese manga/television series (animated and non, I believe) featuring an assassin for hire.

Re: (sort of) Funny Look at (sort of) Patriotic NES Games

Turned it off after the first few seconds, so I've got no idea what he has to say about them but... isn't Golgo 13 a Japanese manga franchise about a super elite mercenary sniper who hits 100% of the time and scores with any female he comes into contact with?

Exactly how does that relate to America's 4th of July?

Re: (sort of) Funny Look at (sort of) Patriotic NES Games

The same way that the Halo franchise is patriotic: it's not REALLY patriotism, it's just satisfying an army fetish.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Re: (sort of) Funny Look at (sort of) Patriotic NES Games

Ahhh Xenophobe, that word sums America up to a T.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Re: (sort of) Funny Look at (sort of) Patriotic NES Games

Thats not really as true today as it used to be.

Re: (sort of) Funny Look at (sort of) Patriotic NES Games

Zing!

--------------------------------------------------

I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

-------------------------------------------------- I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Poll

Did Microsoft pay too much ($2.5 billion) for Minecraft developer Mojang?:

Craig R.Have the GamerGate mouthbreathers left yet?09/16/2014 - 7:56pm
prh99Right up to the Bell Gargoyles.09/16/2014 - 7:05pm
james_fudgeI'm a huge Dark Souls fan :)09/16/2014 - 1:13pm
james_fudgeThe first part of Dark Souls is pretty easy.09/16/2014 - 1:13pm
Neeneko@AE - it is still better then Return of Kings. I wonder if they know each other...09/16/2014 - 1:05pm
Neeneko@IanC - well, considering their entire goal is disseminating information, it kinda makes sense.09/16/2014 - 1:04pm
Andrew EisenThat depends on how much longer before YOU start getting good!09/16/2014 - 12:31pm
MaskedPixelanteSo, I've been stuck in the opening section of Dark Souls for about two years now... how much longer before it starts getting good?09/16/2014 - 12:29pm
Michael ChandraI was wondering the same thing while reading it.09/16/2014 - 11:44am
james_fudgeSadly, no.09/16/2014 - 11:17am
Andrew EisenThat's a satire site, like the Onion, right? Please? Please tell me that's a satire site?09/16/2014 - 11:10am
james_fudgehis readers are.09/16/2014 - 10:36am
IanCWikileaks will jump on any agenda for publicity.09/16/2014 - 10:22am
NeenekoWow. This is the first I have heard of the guy. What a jerk.09/16/2014 - 10:14am
quiknkoldmaskedpixelante : Milo Yiannopolous isnt really old.09/16/2014 - 9:57am
MaskedPixelanteBreitbart in a nutshell: Racist old white men saying stupid things.09/16/2014 - 9:54am
james_fudgequiknkold, that's bile. Read the comments and you'll get a taste of that site's audience.09/16/2014 - 9:17am
ZippyDSMleeSo gamer gate will be know as the time all the 13 year old sexist racists assholes came out of the wood work and attacked anything with more brains than themsevles. 0_o09/16/2014 - 9:09am
E. Zachary KnightAwwwww. I feel so special. I have someone on Twitter shaming me for being anti-gamergate.09/16/2014 - 9:06am
quiknkoldhttp://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2014/09/15/the-gamergate-movement-is-making-terrific-progress-don-t-stop-now09/16/2014 - 8:54am