Greatest Video Game Fireworks

July 4, 2009 -

Just in time for the July 4th celebration, Crispy Gamer has posted a terrific compilation of fireworks scenes from video games.

Check out the video here.

Comments

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

This is boring filler "news", I want to get angry about something like a rape game.

I'm angry that I have nothing to get upset about >:|

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

Would have been better if they'd just just let them play through instead of splicing them up all over the place like that.  I couldn't sit through the whole thing (the splicing plus too much buffering).  But I'm glad to see Animal Crossing made it on there, because the fireworks for the game are actually quite pretty.

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

What?  No Splinter Cell Double Agent Chinese Newyear level?  Climbing up the outside of a building 60 floors up while fireworks being set off everywhere!  Blasphemy!

Also Ace Combat 6 mission after "winning" the game, you fly around Gracemaria while fireworks going off...

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

I'd count Mercs 2 myself, depending o nyour definition of fireworks >.>

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

My two favorites are in Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball's opening FMV and during the mission in China in either Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow or Double Agent.  I forget which one it was in and I'd have to go through a lot of game to get to it.  It was so pretty I stopped for a few minutes.  The mission could wait.  Those weren't in there, sadly.

Also, agree on the "simply cool" tag.

"That's not ironic. That's justice."

"That's not ironic. That's justice."

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

Let's see... (In order of first occurance)

???
???
GTA IV?
Portal (with mod)
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
Far Cry mod?
Super Mario Land?
Halo 3?
Boom Boom Rocket
Super Smash Brothers Melee?
Peggle
Geometry Wars
World of Warcraft
???
???
The Sims 2
Fantavision
Harvest Moon? (unsure which one)
Final Fantasy X
Animal Crossing
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Bros.
???

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

That is Garry's Mod, not Portal.

-Ultimately what will do in mankind is a person's fear of their own freedom-

WonderkarpConster, I was quoting Anita Sarkeesian01/24/2015 - 10:39pm
ZippyDSMleeodd its not wanting to post half the time 0-o01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleetest01/24/2015 - 10:21pm
ZippyDSMleeWonderkarp: They tried to be natural with God Of Wars QTE’s, sometimes it felt random which I hate the most in QTEs. The way you interface with gameplay (press X to get X result) should never rely on randomly generated mechanics unless it’s a status01/24/2015 - 7:57pm
Andrew EisenI've passed your comment on.01/24/2015 - 5:45pm
Neo_DrKefkaHey GamePolitics staff can you guys work out the way the ads are delivered via mobile? Sometimes any attempt to do anything on this site automatically forwards you to download "Flappy bird" on a shady site or another thing. It just hijacks my Safari01/24/2015 - 3:47pm
WonderkarpI feel like the only good QTEs were the ones in the God of War series. I dont know why though.. maybe its the visceral carnage01/24/2015 - 1:13pm
ZippyDSMleeprh99: QTEs are dumb I ever understood the need for them outside being cheap and wanting to pad mechanics with scripted events that use only a few buttons.01/24/2015 - 12:58pm
InfophileAnd a more detailed breakdown of expenses here: http://imgur.com/L46SUMw01/24/2015 - 12:42pm
InfophileFor anyone still complaining about where the funding for Tropes vs. Women went: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4z6qa561roidh5/femfreq_annualreport2014.pdf?dl=0 (page 16) Not that this will actually stop claims of fraud, but it's good to have a counter.01/24/2015 - 12:38pm
prh99Linux kernel patch breaks Witcher 2. Apparently it was a wrapped Windows version instead of native port. http://m.slashdot.org/story/21270301/24/2015 - 11:12am
prh99I am not a fan of QTEs. Toggle joystick to break away from an enemy is ok...01/24/2015 - 12:26am
Goth_Skunk@WonderKarp: *fistbump*01/24/2015 - 12:00am
ZippyDSMleeIts like they took the fiction from soemthing else and tried to impose it on the Turok IP 0-o01/23/2015 - 10:14pm
ZippyDSMleeuhg I mean they did not need the dumb story and needed more unreal crazy combat.01/23/2015 - 10:13pm
ZippyDSMleestyle gameplay not generic shooter stuff.01/23/2015 - 10:11pm
ZippyDSMleeI loved what they were trying to go with in 3 but it was rather messed up and buggy. Evolution is a typical corridor shooter of the time. The newer Turok is half right they just needed the non-super realistic grim dark story and more crazy Unreal style ga01/23/2015 - 10:11pm