Greatest Video Game Fireworks

July 4, 2009 -

Just in time for the July 4th celebration, Crispy Gamer has posted a terrific compilation of fireworks scenes from video games.

Check out the video here.

Comments

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

This is boring filler "news", I want to get angry about something like a rape game.

I'm angry that I have nothing to get upset about >:|

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

Would have been better if they'd just just let them play through instead of splicing them up all over the place like that.  I couldn't sit through the whole thing (the splicing plus too much buffering).  But I'm glad to see Animal Crossing made it on there, because the fireworks for the game are actually quite pretty.

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

What?  No Splinter Cell Double Agent Chinese Newyear level?  Climbing up the outside of a building 60 floors up while fireworks being set off everywhere!  Blasphemy!

Also Ace Combat 6 mission after "winning" the game, you fly around Gracemaria while fireworks going off...

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

I'd count Mercs 2 myself, depending o nyour definition of fireworks >.>

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

My two favorites are in Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball's opening FMV and during the mission in China in either Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow or Double Agent.  I forget which one it was in and I'd have to go through a lot of game to get to it.  It was so pretty I stopped for a few minutes.  The mission could wait.  Those weren't in there, sadly.

Also, agree on the "simply cool" tag.

"That's not ironic. That's justice."

"That's not ironic. That's justice."

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

Let's see... (In order of first occurance)

???
???
GTA IV?
Portal (with mod)
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
Far Cry mod?
Super Mario Land?
Halo 3?
Boom Boom Rocket
Super Smash Brothers Melee?
Peggle
Geometry Wars
World of Warcraft
???
???
The Sims 2
Fantavision
Harvest Moon? (unsure which one)
Final Fantasy X
Animal Crossing
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Bros.
???

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

That is Garry's Mod, not Portal.

-Ultimately what will do in mankind is a person's fear of their own freedom-

quiknkoldI'm 7 years old, and my cousin(Also 7, maybe 8 at this time) tells me has Battletoads. its Summer Vacation. We play and play and play until finally, We won coop. Those were the days.09/23/2014 - 5:29pm
quiknkoldlets take a moment to share some gaming memories, shall we?09/23/2014 - 5:28pm
MechaTama31I buy stuff off the eshop because it gives me the convenience of a flashcart without the guilt.09/23/2014 - 5:03pm
Montewell thanks for the info Eisen; try that the next time i need something off the eshop09/23/2014 - 3:54pm
james_fudgere: MP, i've sent tech support a note - thank you :)09/23/2014 - 3:14pm
IanCNah that wasnt directed at you Andrew :)09/23/2014 - 3:00pm
Papa MidnightRe: SIEGE 2014 Keynote: oh dear...09/23/2014 - 2:44pm
MaskedPixelanteDear GP, something called "doubleverify" is causing some nasty browser issues on my end. Probably one of your ads.09/23/2014 - 2:36pm
Andrew EisenOh hell no. No, it took Nintendo a dog's age just to get to the point its competitors have been at for a while! (And it's still not there yet, in a lot of respects.)09/23/2014 - 2:26pm
IanCSame as PSN handles it, fi you are trying to say only nintendo do that.09/23/2014 - 2:23pm
Andrew EisenYou have to try to purchase something first. Pick a game, hit purchase and if your wallet doesn't have enough to cover it, you'll be given an option to "add exact funds" or something like that.09/23/2014 - 2:05pm
MonteI have seen no option for that on my 3DS; anytime i want to add funds it only gives me the option to add in denominations of $10, 20, 50 or 10009/23/2014 - 2:03pm
IanCWhat Andrew Wilson said. PSN is the same when you make a purchase over a certain price (£5 in the UK)09/23/2014 - 2:02pm
Andrew EisenNeither eShop charges sales tax either. At least in California.09/23/2014 - 2:00pm
Andrew EisenBoth Wii U and 3DS eShops allow you to add funds in the exact amount of whatever's in your shopping cart. If your game is $39.99, you can add exactly $39.99.09/23/2014 - 1:57pm
Infophile@Matthew Wilson: As I understand it, any regulations to force tax online would also set up an easy database for these stores to use, minimizing overhead.09/23/2014 - 1:30pm
MonteReally, the eshop just does next to nothing to make buying digitally advantagous for the customer. Its nice to have the game on my 3DS, but i can get more for less buying a physical copy at retail. And that's not even counting buying used09/23/2014 - 1:18pm
MonteIanC, The Eshop wallet system only lets you add funds in set denominations and the tax makes sure you no longer have round numbers so you ALWAYS loose money. A $39.99 game for instance requires you to add $50 instead of just $4009/23/2014 - 1:13pm
Matthew Wilsonbut thats just it those sites, even the small ones, sell all over the country.09/23/2014 - 11:12am
Neenekoeither that or it would follow the car model of today. big ticket items are taxed according to your residence, not where you buy them.09/23/2014 - 11:07am