Greatest Video Game Fireworks

July 4, 2009 -

Just in time for the July 4th celebration, Crispy Gamer has posted a terrific compilation of fireworks scenes from video games.

Check out the video here.

Comments

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

This is boring filler "news", I want to get angry about something like a rape game.

I'm angry that I have nothing to get upset about >:|

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

Would have been better if they'd just just let them play through instead of splicing them up all over the place like that.  I couldn't sit through the whole thing (the splicing plus too much buffering).  But I'm glad to see Animal Crossing made it on there, because the fireworks for the game are actually quite pretty.

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

What?  No Splinter Cell Double Agent Chinese Newyear level?  Climbing up the outside of a building 60 floors up while fireworks being set off everywhere!  Blasphemy!

Also Ace Combat 6 mission after "winning" the game, you fly around Gracemaria while fireworks going off...

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

I'd count Mercs 2 myself, depending o nyour definition of fireworks >.>

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

My two favorites are in Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball's opening FMV and during the mission in China in either Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow or Double Agent.  I forget which one it was in and I'd have to go through a lot of game to get to it.  It was so pretty I stopped for a few minutes.  The mission could wait.  Those weren't in there, sadly.

Also, agree on the "simply cool" tag.

"That's not ironic. That's justice."

"That's not ironic. That's justice."

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

Let's see... (In order of first occurance)

???
???
GTA IV?
Portal (with mod)
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
Far Cry mod?
Super Mario Land?
Halo 3?
Boom Boom Rocket
Super Smash Brothers Melee?
Peggle
Geometry Wars
World of Warcraft
???
???
The Sims 2
Fantavision
Harvest Moon? (unsure which one)
Final Fantasy X
Animal Crossing
Mario Kart Wii
Super Mario Bros.
???

Re: Greatest Video Game Fireworks

That is Garry's Mod, not Portal.

-Ultimately what will do in mankind is a person's fear of their own freedom-

Poll

Have you visited a video game arcade in the last year?:

james_fudgeThere aren't many left in America08/21/2014 - 1:50am
MechaTama31I sure have. Dorky's barcade in Tacoma, WA.08/20/2014 - 5:56pm
Matthew WilsonI have not been to a arcade in years. I know arcades are still big in japan.08/20/2014 - 5:38pm
Sleaker@AE - Ah no it's called GroundKontrol - I was just referring to it as a Bar-Arcade.08/20/2014 - 4:39pm
Andrew EisenStill looking for confirmation that High Moon Studios (dev behind the PS3/360 versions) isn't working on it.08/20/2014 - 4:38pm
ZenGotcha.08/20/2014 - 4:37pm
Andrew EisenI already updated the story with it!08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
Zenhttp://www.gonintendo.com/s/235574-treyarch-isn-t-working-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-for-wii-u-either08/20/2014 - 4:36pm
ZenLet me send the link for the Tweet as well...they state Treyarch is not working on it. Grabbing it now.08/20/2014 - 4:34pm
Andrew EisenWhere does it say that "NO dev is working on it"?08/20/2014 - 4:33pm
ZenHere's the link for my last comment: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-not-coming-to-wii-u08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
ZenWell, Call of Duty is skipping Wii U completely it seems...they updated that NO dev is working on it. Great way to just skip a market.08/20/2014 - 4:24pm
Andrew EisenYeah, Dave and Busters back in 2011 was the last time for me.08/20/2014 - 4:16pm
ZenWell, I tried lol. We just got a Dave and Busters on the beach but haven't been there yet...may go this weekend.08/20/2014 - 3:52pm
Andrew EisenIt's called The Bar-Arcade? Missed opportunity. I would have gone with Barcade.08/20/2014 - 3:25pm
SleakerThe Bar-Arcade however did have a lot of good pinball machines, they were however always taken as the place was packed..08/20/2014 - 1:17pm
Sleakerso I've been to an Arcade-Bar, not that great of a place has some okay machines, but generally over-packed. And then all the kid-friendly ones have is ticket-games nothing actually good unfortunately :(08/20/2014 - 1:14pm
Andrew EisenIf it has an area dedicated to arcade machines, I'd say it counts. Arcade machine in your house though, nope.08/20/2014 - 12:16pm
ZenDoes it count if you have actual arcade machines in your house?08/20/2014 - 12:01pm
E. Zachary KnightWith the current poll, I guess it all depends on how one defines "arcade". If Chuck E Cheese or similar multipurpose businesses count, then that is a yes for me.08/20/2014 - 11:59am