New Online Gaming Network is For Military Types Only

July 6, 2009 -

There are many gamers serving with U.S. armed forces around the globe and a new online gaming network aims to help them enjoy their down time by gaming online.

As reported by Shacknews, the Military Online Gaming program is being offered by Pro vs GI Joe, a non-profit best known for facilitating online game competitions between troops and athletes. The new network is powered by the GGL Global Gaming platform.

MOG launched over the July 4th weekend with a Call of Duty: WaW tournament between military personnel and members of the Atlanta Falcons. Pro vs GI Joe founder Greg Zinone commented:

We created the MOG exclusively for the hundreds of thousands of military gamers around the world, to serve as a virtual connection among branches and bases, during deployments, and as a source of entertainment. Our partnership with the USO allows troops to play wherever they are serving.

The Xbox 360 will be supported initially as it is apparently the gaming weapon of choice for most military gamers.

Via: Joystiq

Comments

Re: New Online Gaming Network is For Military Types Only

so what? ex military and retired are left out?

now i feel kinda let down! :p

interesting concept, but doesn't make much sense outside of tournament use.

Re: New Online Gaming Network is For Military Types Only

All the fun of online gaming, without the immature 12 year olds screaming obscenities, and racial/homophobic slurs??

Then again there's that whole 'enlisting' thing... :/

(In all seriousness this is definetly an awesome idea.)

300 Episodes and counting: http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/

400 Episodes, TEN YEARS and counting: http://www.orangeloungeradio.com/ | Voice of Geeks Network - http://www.vognetwork.com

Re: New Online Gaming Network is For Military Types Only

roflmao you've never played a sailor before :)

Re: New Online Gaming Network is For Military Types Only

Just don't let Lyndon Larouche's cult catch wind of this, else you might have your "smoking gun" that the military uses games for training.

Re: New Online Gaming Network is For Military Types Only

mikedo2007

That's what I'm concerned about, Larouche's damn crazy cult.  They always throw Conspiracy Theories crap.  Don't forget Jack, remember he always said the Military trained on video game, If JT was reading this, he could say this:

"I knew it! Grossman was right, they do train on these murder simulator.  I knew it from day one."

Re: New Online Gaming Network is For Military Types Only

I bet the military kicked ass.

---

Freedom of speech means the freedom to say ANYTHING, so long as it is the truth. This does not exclude anything that might hurt someone's feelings.

--- With the first link, the chain is forged.

Mattsworknamehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Vx4_prmvo09/01/2015 - 3:18am
MattsworknameTotal bisquit talkes about why teh Deus X pre order systems is garbage.09/01/2015 - 3:18am
PHX CorpI'll probaly Start the stream around 8PM Eastern08/31/2015 - 10:09pm
PHX Corpand now it's ready to go for everyone08/31/2015 - 9:35pm
Andrew EisenThat's why I embed the chat box from my Twitch Page. Can't get chat on the YouTube page to work either.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Andrew EisenI do but I haven't seen a way to incorporate viewers to chat without specifically inviting them to the event.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Goth_SkunkThough I'm surprised you'd not be familiar with this, Andrew. Do you not use Google Hangouts when you do S.P.A.C.?08/31/2015 - 8:45pm