Living with First-person Shooter Disease

July 12, 2009 -

FPS fans will appreciate this one...

Via: boingboing

Comments

Re: Living with First-person Shooter Disease

My favorite part: the curb... where he had to jump up onto the sidewalk.

Re: Living with First-person Shooter Disease

Funnee!  I loved the SFII guy.

"De minimus non curat lex"

"De minimus non curat lex"

Re: Living with First-person Shooter Disease

give this video a 5 star! that was hillarious!

Re: Living with First-person Shooter Disease

Ouch! That hit close to home. I used to have that too when I was in college. When I stood still for more than 30 seconds, I could zoom in with a sniper's crosshair automatically. Four years of rehabilitation got it out of my system.

Re: Living with First-person Shooter Disease

I can't believie that it was uploaded by IGN. Anyway my favorite part is when put the handgun.

Re: Living with First-person Shooter Disease

I LOL'd when the gun poped up for brekfest!

I am a criminal because I purchase media,I am a criminal because I use media, I am a criminal because I chose to own media..We shall remain criminals until Corporate stay's outside our bedrooms..

---

That was the best part!

Re: Living with First-person Shooter Disease

Haha, same here.  Even better when it came back out because she took the butterknife.

Re: Living with First-person Shooter Disease

that's been on gametrailers for a while now.

Re: Living with First-person Shooter Disease

Huh. I wonder what Jill Valentine Syndrome would be like. Probably not as limiting as Chris Redfield Syndrome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game on, brothers and sisters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." -- Ben Franklin Game on, brothers and sisters.

Jill Valentine Syndrome is characterized by the following traits:

1. Inability to move and attack at the same time.

2. A tendency to almost become a sandwich - Giggity - but always managing to escape.

3. Able to open any locks - You are the master of unlocking!

4. Legendary hotness, causing drooling, shambling masses to follow you.  Often leads to #2 on the list.

"That's not ironic. That's justice."

"That's not ironic. That's justice."

I lol'd

That was pretty funny.

Now ot just wait for soem anit games thingy to cite this as one of the problems caused by gaming. :/

Re: Living with First-person Shooter Disease

XD that was great. I bet so me people will think its real.

Geez, get a grip.

Re: Living with First-person Shooter Disease

I guarantee you some bigwig will use it as "evidence". Anyway, kinda voocalizes my thoughts on FPS animations.

Yes I have a WIP. Just wait and see.

Poll

Which video game platform are you most thankful for?:

MaskedPixelantehttp://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/two_tetris_downloads_to_be_removed_from_the_3ds_eshop_in_europe Tetris to be removed from the 3DS VC at the end of the year in Europe. Other regions unknown, but will probably all happen too.11/28/2014 - 9:16am
Andrew EisenThe story you just linked to? The story you asked if anyone had seen? Yes, THAT obnoxiousness. I've heard it parroted for nearly two years now.11/27/2014 - 7:57pm
ZippyDSMleeAndrew Eisen: That shes an ex con man?11/27/2014 - 7:54pm
Andrew EisenI've heard the same obnoxious horse poo for years. It's nothing new.11/27/2014 - 7:45pm
ZippyDSMleeAlso anyone see this? http://guardianlv.com/2014/11/anita-sarkeesian-unmasked-feminist-icon-or-con-artist/11/27/2014 - 7:28pm
ZippyDSMleeEvil within is a badly designed game.11/27/2014 - 7:28pm
Andrew EisenSure but you said "widens," hence my confusion. Looking into it, yep, there's a tweak to completely re-frame the image, adding more info at the top and bottom. You apparently need a fairly beefy rig to keep it running smooth when you do that though.11/27/2014 - 6:48pm
Matthew Wilsonthere is vertical fov, not just horizontal fov11/27/2014 - 6:38pm
Andrew EisenWell, you can widen it to 3:1 or even 10:1 but I don't know why you'd want to. From what I understand it's the missing visual info at the top and bottom that some object to, not that there isn't enough on either side.11/27/2014 - 6:36pm
Matthew WilsonI think it widenss the fov, so you get to see more.11/27/2014 - 6:31pm
Andrew EisenI don't see how as doing so would not add any visual information to the top or bottom of the screen.11/27/2014 - 6:04pm
Matthew Wilsonfrom what I read, getting rid of the black bars and stretching it out made for a better play experience.11/27/2014 - 5:59pm
Andrew EisenFrom what I hear, there's a ton of "look up and shoot at the guys above you" stuff in the game that the wider frame doesn't accommodate such actions well.11/27/2014 - 5:55pm
Andrew EisenHaving a game run in scope is not necessarily a bad thing but like any aspect ratio, you have to compose your shots correctly.11/27/2014 - 5:55pm
Neo_DrKefkaThe Evil Within was pretty bad and to make it worse the way the screen size made it hard for you to see even on a big screen it really hurt the game. Being Artistic is great but when you focus on art rather than what sells you run the risk of that happen11/27/2014 - 5:33pm
Matthew WilsonI kinda hope this is not true. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/nintendo_might_not_be_making_more_gamecube_controller_adapters_at_the_moment11/27/2014 - 1:34pm
Matthew WilsonI saw that. I wish people would stop preording, but sadly that will never happen.11/27/2014 - 1:26pm
Papa MidnightUbisoft has cancelled the Season Pass for Assassin's Creed: Unity (http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2ni2ac/ubisoft_cancel_season_pass_for_ac_unity/)11/27/2014 - 1:08pm
NeenekoBut now I can use the christmas discount justification too,11/27/2014 - 11:46am
NeenekoI am also sorely temped by Civ:BE, mostly because I have a demo coming up and I know my productivity will tank.11/27/2014 - 11:45am