Midway HQ: Last One Out, Turn Out the Lights

July 17, 2009 -

Midway's fade into gaming oblivion continues with word that all 60 employees at the bankrupt firm's Chicago HQ will be let go in September.

The cuts include CEO Matt Booty and other execs, reports the Chicago Tribune.

That popping sound you hear is the deployment of golden parachutes for the top dogs.

Comments

Re: Midway HQ: Last One Out, Turn Out the Lights

Hmm, I doubt anyone would complain if Namco got Mortal Kombat.

And I hope the ones fired will find new work.

Re: Midway HQ: Last One Out, Turn Out the Lights

They won't.  WB got MK along with all of the assests I believe.

---

Freedom of speech means the freedom to say ANYTHING, so long as it is the truth. This does not exclude anything that might hurt someone's feelings.

--- With the first link, the chain is forged.

Re: Midway HQ: Last One Out, Turn Out the Lights

shush dont give jack ideas

Re: Midway HQ: Last One Out, Turn Out the Lights

I wonder why Jack Thompson haven´t claimed victory or something like it was all his doing.

The cynical side of videogames (spanish only): http://thelostlevel.blogspot.com/ My DeviantArt Page (aka DeviantCensorship): http://www.darkknightstrikes.deviantart.com/

Re: Midway HQ: Last One Out, Turn Out the Lights

That sucks pretty hard.  Sounds like that guy who bought it as it was failling basically demolished the company to make a profit or else to use it as a tax write-off, which, while not illegal, is fucked up as all hell.

I hope those 60 can find another job; maybe whoever picks up Mortal Kombat will pick them up too, God willing.  Although, to be honest, I think some of them may need to be left out to keep MK from being so stagnant.

A sad, sad day, that September will be.

Re: Midway HQ: Last One Out, Turn Out the Lights

Wow, Midway is being far more disassembled than I expected.

Rather ironic too, because Booty must've got the memo he's being cut right as he got back from his trip to Europe to cut his branch there.  =/

Poll