Midway HQ: Last One Out, Turn Out the Lights

July 17, 2009 -

Midway's fade into gaming oblivion continues with word that all 60 employees at the bankrupt firm's Chicago HQ will be let go in September.

The cuts include CEO Matt Booty and other execs, reports the Chicago Tribune.

That popping sound you hear is the deployment of golden parachutes for the top dogs.

Comments

Re: Midway HQ: Last One Out, Turn Out the Lights

Hmm, I doubt anyone would complain if Namco got Mortal Kombat.

And I hope the ones fired will find new work.

Re: Midway HQ: Last One Out, Turn Out the Lights

They won't.  WB got MK along with all of the assests I believe.

---

Freedom of speech means the freedom to say ANYTHING, so long as it is the truth. This does not exclude anything that might hurt someone's feelings.

--- With the first link, the chain is forged.

Re: Midway HQ: Last One Out, Turn Out the Lights

shush dont give jack ideas

Re: Midway HQ: Last One Out, Turn Out the Lights

I wonder why Jack Thompson haven´t claimed victory or something like it was all his doing.

The cynical side of videogames (spanish only): http://thelostlevel.blogspot.com/ My DeviantArt Page (aka DeviantCensorship): http://www.darkknightstrikes.deviantart.com/

Re: Midway HQ: Last One Out, Turn Out the Lights

That sucks pretty hard.  Sounds like that guy who bought it as it was failling basically demolished the company to make a profit or else to use it as a tax write-off, which, while not illegal, is fucked up as all hell.

I hope those 60 can find another job; maybe whoever picks up Mortal Kombat will pick them up too, God willing.  Although, to be honest, I think some of them may need to be left out to keep MK from being so stagnant.

A sad, sad day, that September will be.

Re: Midway HQ: Last One Out, Turn Out the Lights

Wow, Midway is being far more disassembled than I expected.

Rather ironic too, because Booty must've got the memo he's being cut right as he got back from his trip to Europe to cut his branch there.  =/

Poll

Did Microsoft pay too much ($2.5 billion) for Minecraft developer Mojang?:

james_fudgeI'm a huge Dark Souls fan :)09/16/2014 - 1:13pm
james_fudgeThe first part of Dark Souls is pretty easy.09/16/2014 - 1:13pm
Neeneko@AE - it is still better then Return of Kings. I wonder if they know each other...09/16/2014 - 1:05pm
Neeneko@IanC - well, considering their entire goal is disseminating information, it kinda makes sense.09/16/2014 - 1:04pm
Andrew EisenThat depends on how much longer before YOU start getting good!09/16/2014 - 12:31pm
MaskedPixelanteSo, I've been stuck in the opening section of Dark Souls for about two years now... how much longer before it starts getting good?09/16/2014 - 12:29pm
Michael ChandraI was wondering the same thing while reading it.09/16/2014 - 11:44am
james_fudgeSadly, no.09/16/2014 - 11:17am
Andrew EisenThat's a satire site, like the Onion, right? Please? Please tell me that's a satire site?09/16/2014 - 11:10am
james_fudgehis readers are.09/16/2014 - 10:36am
IanCWikileaks will jump on any agenda for publicity.09/16/2014 - 10:22am
NeenekoWow. This is the first I have heard of the guy. What a jerk.09/16/2014 - 10:14am
quiknkoldmaskedpixelante : Milo Yiannopolous isnt really old.09/16/2014 - 9:57am
MaskedPixelanteBreitbart in a nutshell: Racist old white men saying stupid things.09/16/2014 - 9:54am
james_fudgequiknkold, that's bile. Read the comments and you'll get a taste of that site's audience.09/16/2014 - 9:17am
ZippyDSMleeSo gamer gate will be know as the time all the 13 year old sexist racists assholes came out of the wood work and attacked anything with more brains than themsevles. 0_o09/16/2014 - 9:09am
E. Zachary KnightAwwwww. I feel so special. I have someone on Twitter shaming me for being anti-gamergate.09/16/2014 - 9:06am
quiknkoldhttp://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2014/09/15/the-gamergate-movement-is-making-terrific-progress-don-t-stop-now09/16/2014 - 8:54am
james_fudgeme either.09/16/2014 - 8:54am
E. Zachary KnightI understand what Wikileaks twitter was getting at, but I have no clue what that article was getting at.09/16/2014 - 8:45am