Conan Finds Humor in Game Biz Slump

July 22, 2009 -

Apparently taking note of recent reports that video game sales are in the midst of a four-month slide, Tonight Show host Conan O'Brien dropped this one on the audience recently:

Experts say the video game industry has been dramatically hurt by the economic downturn. Which explains the popularity of the new Nintendo game, ‘Wii Job Interview.’

Source: Political Irony

Comments

Re: Conan Finds Humor in Game Biz Slump

No, Conan.  Jay Leno-style joke bad.  Bad Conan.  Conan not make Jay Leno-style joke again or Conan be punished.

No, Luke, I AM the Walrus

Re: Conan Finds Humor in Game Biz Slump

I saw this when it aired and I laughed. With all the other Wii shovleware out there I thought... Why Not. They have everything else down.

Re: Conan Finds Humor in Game Biz Slump

or the new PS3 game, God Of Work.

Re: Conan Finds Humor in Game Biz Slump

I'd play it.

Re: Conan Finds Humor in Game Biz Slump

Crappy joke make zippy a sad panda...er..kitty....

I am a criminal because I purchase media,I am a criminal because I use media, I am a criminal because I chose to own media..We shall remain criminals until Corporate stay's outside our bedrooms..

---

Patreon

Deviantart

Re: Conan Finds Humor in Game Biz Slump

Badabuum-pish!

The cynical side of videogames (spanish only): http://thelostlevel.blogspot.com/ My DeviantArt Page (aka DeviantCensorship): http://www.darkknightstrikes.deviantart.com/

Re: Conan Finds Humor in Game Biz Slump

LOL! That's bad, but might not be far off! New! Personal Trainer: Job Seeker! For DS & DSi!

Re: Conan Finds Humor in Game Biz Slump

Or the clone by EA  -  Job Hunt: ALL PLAY

---

Freedom of speech means the freedom to say ANYTHING, so long as it is the truth. This does not exclude anything that might hurt someone's feelings.

--- With the first link, the chain is forged.

MattsworknameBIG: how does that make sense?08/05/2015 - 12:18am
Big PermLenny Kravitz penis has been trending all day08/04/2015 - 11:45pm
MattsworknameSo far, Win 8 gave me nothing but problems08/04/2015 - 11:18pm
MattsworknameI;ll see what I can come up with tomarow08/04/2015 - 11:16pm
ZippyDSMleethose is the issue.08/04/2015 - 10:47pm
ZippyDSMleeOdd, even with admin? I have UAC turned off so I do not have to fuss with it too much, also in order to run FO3/NV you need DX,VC++ 010, mmm might try and download VC++ distro pack both 32 and 64bit from 8 to 2012 or so and isntall them see if one of thos08/04/2015 - 10:46pm
MattsworknameTried that 2 zippy, it still wouldn't work08/04/2015 - 10:43pm
ZippyDSMleeI have had to run NV in compatibility mode before. I have both FO3 and NV running fine with a bunch of mods on win8.108/04/2015 - 10:24pm
MattsworknameI did the direct x 9 fix, issue remains08/04/2015 - 10:13pm
MattsworknameI've had issues with it since the start really, as soon as I tried to run it on Win 8.1, vegas woudl crash as soon as i launched it, even when using the base game08/04/2015 - 10:12pm
MattsworknameManta: I run into issues the moment I try to use any mods. and some times even no mods08/04/2015 - 10:09pm
MattsworknameChris ray gun on the gawker media scandel from a few weeks back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apGv0KTV9IM08/04/2015 - 10:08pm
black mantaFunny, Matt. I've been able to run it from Steam no problem.08/04/2015 - 10:02pm
Big PermDo you need Directx 9.0c still? Should be a manual download for win 7/808/04/2015 - 9:55pm
MattsworknameBlack manta; I've been trying to get vegas and 3 to work on windows 8 for months and no method I tries fixed it manta08/04/2015 - 9:53pm
Big PermOh wow, yeah cleared my entire history and now suggestions are subs instead08/04/2015 - 9:15pm
Big PermI think you can mecha. Unless it's just removing it from your UI and still tracking it behind the scenes08/04/2015 - 9:11pm
MechaTama31It would be nice if Youtube just let you delete a video from your history, like Netflix does.08/04/2015 - 9:09pm
black mantaF3 and NV have long been since fixed. They run great on Windows 8 and 8.1. And there's also the Unofficial Patch for F3 and the Mission Mojave patch for NV in case they don't.08/04/2015 - 9:05pm
MattsworknameYeah Big, but for those who had the game for long times, it is to late for that08/04/2015 - 8:43pm