The video game industry experienced a near-fatal meltdown in the 1980s. In today's uncertain economic climate, could it happen again?
Tech journalist Scott Steinberg examines the issue in part 1 of Video Games Are Dead.
The video is also available on Facebook, where it has generated a lively discussion.
Steinberg interviews a number of game industry and media types in search of an answer:
- Michael Capps, Epic Games
- Michael Pachter, Wedbush-Morgan
- Jesse Divnich, EEDAR
- Chris Kohler, Wired
- Hal Halpin, ECA
- Derrik Lang, Associated Press
- Mike Snider, USA Today
- Jason Della Rocca, Perimeter Partners
- Peter Wanat, game producer
- Chris Taylor, Gas Powered Games
- Lorne Lanning, Oddworld
- Cliffy B
- Raph Koster
- Greg Zeschuk / Ray Muzyka, BioWare
- Nick Torchia, Warner Bros.
- Cevat Yerli, Crytek